Author Topic: Is stupidity immoral?  (Read 1729 times)

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
Is stupidity immoral?
« on: February 14, 2008, 02:51:49 PM »
I ask because being stupid makes you unaware of your surroundings, unable to make you think rationally and you can end up being an ignorant sheep to whatever shepherd you follow.

Btw, this obviously doesn't apply to mentally retarded people, just ignorant people that have no desire to open their mind...

newman

Re: Is stupidity immoral?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 03:24:10 PM »
I consider the stupidity of liberals to be criminal , so...yes.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 03:29:57 PM »
If you have been given the oppurtunity to not be stupid and learn about your surroundings but you've rejected it in preference to stupidity, then yes.

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 04:17:52 PM »
I consider the stupidity of liberals to be criminal , so...yes.

Agreed

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 06:13:25 PM »
I ask because being stupid makes you unaware of your surroundings, unable to make you think rationally and you can end up being an ignorant sheep to whatever shepherd you follow.

Btw, this obviously doesn't apply to mentally retarded people, just ignorant people that have no desire to open their mind...

Some times i think stupid is good, at least you don't need to be aware of what is fully happening.

Many things in my life I wish never to know.............. :-\

Offline abdithefaithful

• Full JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 06:39:15 PM »
In some cases I do believe that stupidity is what enables immorality to so easily flourish in our society, stupidity and immorality are sort of like the proverbial "partners in crime" in the DECLINE of civilization... I too occasionally think that being "stupid" in some ways is a blessing, it must be great for all the world's sick problems and perversions to bounce off you like a beach ball because your mind isn't up to the task of knowing better. This is a very controversial subject to address. Of course we are thankful for the exceptional intellect that many of us on this board obviously possess, however, I'm sure that I'm not the only one among us who occasionally and secretly envies the "stupid" folks who don't find the need ponder the serious problems of our world nearly as much as we do.
If you don't like The Great Chaim, then you sure as heck wouldn't like me!

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 07:16:09 PM »

Some times i think stupid is good, at least you don't need to be aware of what is fully happening.

Some people say ignorance is bliss.

How are you meant to know if you're stupid or not?  :)

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 07:17:03 PM »
It should be.

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008, 08:10:31 PM »

Some people say ignorance is bliss.

How are you meant to know if you're stupid or not?  :)

SO true, some days I think it would be easier being a bubblehead

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2008, 08:53:23 PM »

If you are holding this standard to "people that have no desire to open their mind..." then there are a whole lot of immoral people on this forum.

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2008, 09:01:30 PM »
Daniel, can you clarify what you mean by "people who have no desire to open their mind"? Specifically as it pertains to this forum. Please don't name names or cite specific examples.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2008, 10:48:59 PM »
Stupidity and Immorality are two completely different things and should not be equated.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2008, 10:59:31 PM »
not immoral but amoral, stupidity prevents people from being smart enough to understand morals
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2008, 12:46:12 AM »
I think it might depend, whether it is inborn stupidity, or stupidity from being lazy or a lack of trying. O0