Author Topic: Congress Might Be At It Again!  (Read 2108 times)

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Congress Might Be At It Again!
« on: February 14, 2008, 07:24:07 PM »
 I heard today that congress may try to bring up and push through some sort of amnisty bill again. Not many details were given however it was said that they would try to keep the issues behind closed doors as much as possible. Has anyone else heard anything on this?
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

newman

Re: Congress Might Be At It Again!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 07:26:35 PM »
I heard today that congress may try to bring up and push through some sort of amnisty bill again. Not many details were given however it was said that they would try to keep the issues behind closed doors as much as possible. Has anyone else heard anything on this?
It will fail again if they do. It'll put the candidates on the spot, too.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 07:43:19 PM »
I heard today that congress may try to bring up and push through some sort of amnesty bill again. Not many details were given however it was said that they would try to keep the issues behind closed doors as much as possible. Has anyone else heard anything on this?
It will fail again if they do. It'll put the candidates on the spot, too.
I hope your right newman but the way the election is shaping up strange things could happen. The Republicans in congress are on the ropes and they may feel that some of the hispanic vote may be beneficial in November. Sadly after the new year either McCain, Obama or Clinton will give them the amnesty on a silver plater.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 07:51:58 PM »
At this moment in time I don't think I'll pass, however if Juan McPain gets elected it will definitely come up again!

newman

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 08:01:02 PM »
At this moment in time I don't think I'll pass, however if Juan McPain gets elected it will definitely come up again!

Congress can block a President's bill and vice versa , can't it?

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 08:03:21 PM »
Yes, It happened to Bush last year... but Bush's popularity and his influence have been declining way before this act of treason. McCain might be riding the wave of popularity just long enough to pull it off if we're not careful.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 08:24:06 PM »
Your correct newman if it all doesn't become one sided. Last year we had some members of congress that had some ethics. This year with the terms of many Republicans expiring and possibly falling into the hands of more Liberal Democrats we may be in for it. A Liberal president + a Liberal congress= an amnesty bill and very loose borders.

newman

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 08:27:22 PM »
Your correct newman if it all doesn't become one sided. Last year we had some members of congress that had some ethics. This year with the terms of many Republicans expiring and possibly falling into the hands of more Liberal Democrats we may be in for it. A Liberal president + a Liberal congress= an amnesty bill and very loose borders.
The pro-amnesty lot will be decimated in 2010 mid terms but it'll be too bloody late by then! >:(

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2008, 04:49:05 AM »
Because the nominees of both parties will be two proponents of amnesty (McCain being one of them), the amnesty advocates think they have won.

However, people should still make sure to defeat any amnesty attempts. 

newman

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2008, 05:03:12 AM »
Because the nominees of both parties will be two proponents of amnesty (McCain being one of them), the amnesty advocates think they have won.

However, people should still make sure to defeat any amnesty attempts. 
With the alarm in republican circles, people may elect more conservative candidates in the congress & senate. All may not be lost.