Author Topic: A most fascinating film!  (Read 821 times)

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
A most fascinating film!
« on: February 16, 2008, 11:48:08 PM »
http://www.folkstreams.net/pub/stream.php?s=20&f=54

This is really a fantastic film documenting the Pentecostal Denomination of Christianity and can be freely streamed at no cost to the viewer.

They are at staunch supporters of Israel and live by their faith.

While I have personally known many Pentecostalists, this film revealed much about them of which I was unaware.

They're not Jews, yet share a great deal in common with Torah believing Jews.

Like Jews, Pentecostalists are often ridiculed and mocked by many who find their dress, customs, and methods of prayer unusual, but after seeing this I realize just how much they really have in common with traditional Jewish worshippers.

Offline Barnes

• Junior JTFer
Re: A most fascinating film!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 01:03:43 AM »
I cannot get over this gift of tongues. I don't see how a grown adult would believe it and not be a child at heart.

Offline FULL METAL JACKET

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 01:15:12 AM »
Jews have to be very very careful of receiving support from such groups like this.

They all want to support Israel and support all Jews but Pentacostalism is a form of Evangelical Christianity. They want to convert all you Jews. So it's sort of like, "we'll support Israel till the end, but you better convert and accept Christ as your savior." But let's be realistic as well. Today Israel's biggest supporters in the U.S are people like this. I'm not saying Jews shouldn't accept their support, I'm just saying have a watchful eye on them.
Formely known as "1986"

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 01:55:08 PM »
1986:  "...Jews have to be very very careful of receiving support from such groups like this..."

Considering how few Jews support Jews, we'd better accept what little support we do have from wherever it is offered.

Most Jews are well aware that Christians seek our conversion; it is always (except in rare cases) an undercurrent in our relationship with each other.

That being a given, their kind of support, providing that it actually is in accord with our goals and aims, is better than the outright hostility and betrayal which is freely offered to us from almost all American "Jewish" organizations.

newman

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 02:02:41 PM »
Jews have to be very very careful of receiving support from such groups like this.

They all want to support Israel and support all Jews but Pentacostalism is a form of Evangelical Christianity. They want to convert all you Jews. So it's sort of like, "we'll support Israel till the end, but you better convert and accept Christ as your savior." But let's be realistic as well. Today Israel's biggest supporters in the U.S are people like this. I'm not saying Jews shouldn't accept their support, I'm just saying have a watchful eye on them.

Rav Kahane (Z'T'L) had a good answer to that.

When asked by a church leader if he would risk losing support by opposing christian missionizing in Israel he said this:

"Christians need to bless Israel for THEIR own benefit, not ours. Israel will ultimately survive anyway because it is G-d's will. If christians choose NOT to bless Israel that's their business but they read the Bible and they know the consequences of that. We will not risk ONE Jewish soul for ANY amount of financial or political support".