Author Topic: What does Mrs obama mean  (Read 2534 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
What does Mrs obama mean
« on: February 18, 2008, 07:49:19 PM »
By for he first time i'm really proud of my country           http://www.breitbart.tv/html/49244.html
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: What does Mrs obama mean
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 08:13:05 PM »
Freudian slip?

This has to be exposed to the public!!!!!
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Just Erica

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 08:25:06 PM »
By for he first time i'm really proud of my country           http://www.breitbart.tv/html/49244.html
She said "For the first time in my adult lifetime, I'm proud of my country." Are we going to start making a big deal out of THIS  now?

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 08:30:37 PM »
She said "For the first time in my adult lifetime, I'm proud of my country." Are we going to start making a big deal out of THIS  now?
Well yes. I find it to be a troubling statement from someone who might become the first Lady. I would like to know what has changed to make her feel this way.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Just Erica

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 08:34:26 PM »
Well yes. I find it to be a troubling statement from someone who might become the first Lady. I would like to know what has changed to make her feel this way.
The issue wasn't what she said but how she said it. Are you proud of the way GWB is running this country? Are you proud of  poverty in our own country? Are you proud of the fact that other things have been happening in our country that arent' beneficial to Americans? That's what she meant.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 09:19:58 PM »
The issue wasn't what she said but how she said it. Are you proud of the way GWB is running this country? Are you proud of  poverty in our own country? Are you proud of the fact that other things have been happening in our country that arent' beneficial to Americans? That's what she meant.

Time to rip this statement apart:

GWB is running the country rather decently, but that can be argued from both ends...He defintately isn't necessarily running it terribly.
The poverty in this country is hardly anythign compared to the whole world.  Secondly, every country has poverty.  That's BS to say there is poverty here. Some are rich and some are poor. Some are poor because they are lazy while others are poor because they got stuck somehwere they can't climb out of.  Some are rich because they are smart and worked hard to get to where they are while there are others who got lucky or are simply, thieves.  The poverty in this country is, however, the fault of the government, in my opinion, for creating a welfare state by taking taxes of the wealthy and putting it towards programs which have YET to really help the poor.  That the poor need to be pushed harder to get out of their situations since many many poor people take advantage of the system and get everythign for free which they do not deserve from me or anyone else, the hardworking taxpayer.

Everythign beneficial is happening in this country...when this country takes a hit, most citizens take a hit.  I am proud of this country and will always will be. Obama's wife is proud for the first time in her adult life?! What a spoiled brat she is!  Shame on her!!! I hope she dies of cancer!
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 09:22:55 PM »
Well I watched the video and it was really nothing to get over heated about in any way. Its the same old laundry list of Democrat talking points. As far as Bush goes if we were able to ditch this entire set of losers running this time around and leave him in office another 4 years that would be fine with me. I honestly was wishing the Republicans would have had something better to offer the country in 08 sadly the quality of candidates on both side of the isle is extremely poor.

Just Erica

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 09:27:41 PM »
Well I watched the video and it was really nothing to get over heated about in any way. Its the same old laundry list of Democrat talking points. As far as Bush goes if we were able to ditch this entire set of losers running this time around and leave him in office another 4 years that would be fine with me. I honestly was wishing the Republicans would have had something better to offer the country in 08 sadly the quality of candidates on both side of the isle is extremely poor.
I think the orignial poster of this thread tried to make it seem as though Mrs. Obama was illiterate and couldn't speak in complete sentences. That's what that was about.

As far as what she meant, I think she meant that she's proud that there are people actually speaking up for the wrongs in our country. She said that no problem, basically is more important than the other and she's proud that people are on one accord when it comes to fixing what problems America does have.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 09:28:05 PM »
cjd:  "...I would like to know what has changed to make her feel this way..."

Oh!...That's an easy one to answer:

The balance in her checking account.

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 09:28:39 PM »

GWB is running the country rather decently, but that can be argued from both ends...He defintately isn't necessarily running it terribly.
The poverty in this country is hardly anythign compared to the whole world.  Secondly, every country has poverty.  That's BS to say there is poverty here. Some are rich and some are poor. Some are poor because they are lazy while others are poor because they got stuck somehwere they can't climb out of.  Some are rich because they are smart and worked hard to get to where they are while there are others who got lucky or are simply, thieves.  The poverty in this country is, however, the fault of the government, in my opinion, for creating a welfare state by taking taxes of the wealthy and putting it towards programs which have YET to really help the poor.  That the poor need to be pushed harder to get out of their situations since many many poor people take advantage of the system and get everythign for free which they do not deserve from me or anyone else, the hardworking taxpayer.

Everythign beneficial is happening in this country...when this country takes a hit, most citizens take a hit.  I am proud of this country and will always will be. Obama's wife is proud for the first time in her adult life?! What a spoiled brat she is!  Shame on her!!! I hope she dies of cancer!
A great post Dr.Dan. You said everything I had in mind about this and more.  O0 Except for the cancer I almost never wish that on anyone.

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2008, 09:32:02 PM »
cjd:  "...I would like to know what has changed to make her feel this way..."

You make a good point Massuh. They looked more buffed up each time you see them both husband and wife.

Just Erica

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2008, 09:40:08 PM »

In your opinion, the way the GOP is running this country is alright. And just because someone disagrees with you,or you disagree with them, that you have to wish death on them. That's just petty.

It's been a LONG time since I, myself was actually proud of this country. I've always supported our troops but I haven't seen eye to eye on everything past presidents (in MY adult life) have done to damage our economy, keeping AA alive (Affirmative Action)..or how this current war started.

It's pretty easy to just wish that someone who doesn't agree with you would just DIE of cancer or AIDS or the Bubonic Plague but even YOU have to admit that that's not fair fighting, especially when said person isn't alive to fight back with you.

I share your frustration when it comes to where the govt. puts the money they rip from everyone's pockets (esp. the wealthy). Instead of putting it towards programs that would help the poor, they create problems by first lining the pockets of Congress every year, secondly allowing able bodied citizens of our country to sponge off of the economy when there's really no money left to support them and their families (which is why I think welfare should be cut short ...something Clinton started when he was in office...) Back before Dubbya, Clinton tried to pass a bill that would stop people in impoverished neighborhoods in America from recieving public assistance after 5 years. During the 5 year period, said people were to attend job programs or schools for trades so that they could sustain their own incomes and support their families after their time on welfare was up. Before I cast my vote for ANY of the candidates, I hope that they would come up with some kind of plan to stop welfare from being used... ALSO my candidate would have to do something to end AA. The playing field is equal now...give blacks (who care) the chance to prove themselves without having someone hold their hands.

Just Erica

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2008, 09:41:07 PM »
cjd:  "...I would like to know what has changed to make her feel this way..."

Try not being cheeky, goodname.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2008, 09:50:06 PM »

A great post Dr.Dan. You said everything I had in mind about this and more.  O0 Except for the cancer I almost never wish that on anyone.

Well that was the Chaim Ben Pesach in me...

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2008, 09:55:18 PM »

In your opinion, the way the GOP is running this country is alright. And just because someone disagrees with you,or you disagree with them, that you have to wish death on them. That's just petty.

It's been a LONG time since I, myself was actually proud of this country. I've always supported our troops but I haven't seen eye to eye on everything past presidents (in MY adult life) have done to damage our economy, keeping AA alive (Affirmative Action)..or how this current war started.

It's pretty easy to just wish that someone who doesn't agree with you would just DIE of cancer or AIDS or the Bubonic Plague but even YOU have to admit that that's not fair fighting, especially when said person isn't alive to fight back with you.

I share your frustration when it comes to where the govt. puts the money they rip from everyone's pockets (esp. the wealthy). Instead of putting it towards programs that would help the poor, they create problems by first lining the pockets of Congress every year, secondly allowing able bodied citizens of our country to sponge off of the economy when there's really no money left to support them and their families (which is why I think welfare should be cut short ...something Clinton started when he was in office...) Back before Dubbya, Clinton tried to pass a bill that would stop people in impoverished neighborhoods in America from recieving public assistance after 5 years. During the 5 year period, said people were to attend job programs or schools for trades so that they could sustain their own incomes and support their families after their time on welfare was up. Before I cast my vote for ANY of the candidates, I hope that they would come up with some kind of plan to stop welfare from being used... ALSO my candidate would have to do something to end AA. The playing field is equal now...give blacks (who care) the chance to prove themselves without having someone hold their hands.

I have yet to see a deomcrat in my lifetime to do a better job than a GOP president.

My view of what Mrs. Obama said in that one line was a Freudian slip of a spoiled brat.

I think it is wrong to vote for someone just because they are black (or white).  That's one of the things which makes me notice the double standard that many blacks have in regards to racism.

It's not a matter of Obama making something of himself and happens to be black. If he were white, I wouldn't vote for him and talk crap about him in the same manner I am doing now. So would JTF and everyone on this forum who hates Obama types.

Just Erica

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2008, 10:13:21 PM »

I have yet to see a deomcrat in my lifetime to do a better job than a GOP president.

My view of what Mrs. Obama said in that one line was a Freudian slip of a spoiled brat.

Does it surprise you that there are actually Americans who dislike it when no one in the country stands up for themselves? I mean, is that something to be proud of?

I think it is wrong to vote for someone just because they are black (or white).  That's one of the things which makes me notice the double standard that many blacks have in regards to racism.
And WHOA!!! Where did THAT come from? Where did you see that I was voting for Obama because he's black? LOL

On the other hand... look at some of the responses here that have all the makings of racist comments. Calling him a "black Muslim" emphasizing that he's black as if that's a negative thing.

It's not a matter of Obama making something of himself and happens to be black. If he were white, I wouldn't vote for him and talk crap about him in the same manner I am doing now. So would JTF and everyone on this forum who hates Obama types.

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2008, 10:26:18 PM »
Erica one thing you must look into is why Bill Clinton was for welfare reform. If you do look into the issue you will find it had quite a bit to do with Newt Gingrich and the Republican led contract with America. They held Clinton's feet to the fire on that issue. In a way they did him a big favor because everyone gives him all the credit to this day.

Just Erica

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2008, 10:40:40 PM »
Erica one thing you must look into is why Bill Clinton was for welfare reform. If you do look into the issue you will find it had quite a bit to do with Newt Gingrich and the Republican led contract with America. They held Clinton's feet to the fire on that issue. In a way they did him a big favor because everyone gives him all the credit to this day.
Wherever the idea came from, I'm glad it was thought of. Newt Gingrich should have gotten credit if it was his baby though. No doubt about that. Clinton did take a lot of credit for that.