Author Topic: PLEASE, ITS A LIFE AND DEATH SITUATION  (Read 998 times)

Offline islamsucks

• Junior JTFer
PLEASE, ITS A LIFE AND DEATH SITUATION
« on: February 19, 2008, 06:53:25 PM »
a Russian Jewish woman got married not by Halacha in 1954 in Russia to a Jewish man, they later got a divorced also not by halacha, the woman married another Jewish man also not by halacha, and they have children and grandchildren, are those children and grandchildren considered to be mamzerim
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 07:02:11 PM by JewishConvert »

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
Re: PLEASE, ITS A LIFE AND DEATH SITUATION
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 07:43:40 PM »
Is the guy married already?

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 07:51:02 PM »
a Russian Jewish woman got married not by Halacha in 1954 in Russia to a Jewish man, they later got a divorced also not by halacha, the woman married another Jewish man also not by halacha, and they have children and grandchildren, are those children and grandchildren considered to be mamzerim

I'm not a posek, but it would seem according to everything that I have learned  that the children are not mamzerim since there was never any kiddushin and therefore no need for gerushin.
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 08:04:38 PM »

I'm not a posek, but it would seem according to everything that I have learned  that the children are not mamzerim since there was never any kiddushin and therefore no need for gerushin.

Its not as simple as that because one of the ways that people get married is threw the act (which is now forbidden completly, and one of the Rabbis put a curse on someone who gets married like that) I dont know for sure, but thats my guess.
 I belive that Kiddushin was either threw the man giving something to his future wife, or threw making the contract (like they do on the wedding night or by the act. (Now a days the first 2 are done, the last is forbidden, but if it was done it could be a problem).
Anyway the Rabbis I sent to him, would definitly understand, and be able to tell him what to do and what status etc.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline islamsucks

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 08:34:48 PM »
Is the guy married already?
the guy you mean my friend? no

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 09:41:51 PM »

Not necessarily...

Rov Henken rules that as long as at some point, two Shomer Shabbos people saw them together as husband and wife, then they're still considered to be married. 

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D