Author Topic: Dumb and dumber.  (Read 1810 times)

newman

Dumb and dumber.
« on: February 20, 2008, 01:48:36 PM »
“IN AMERICA, WE have a two-party system," a Republican congressional staffer is supposed to have told a visiting group of Russian legislators some years ago.

"There is the stupid party. And there is the evil party. I am proud to be a member of the stupid party."

He added: "Periodically, the two parties get together and do something that is both stupid and evil. This is called—bipartisanship."

Our current mass immigration policy is a classic example of this fatal Washington bipartisanship. It is a stupid policy because there is absolutely no reason for it—in particular, Americans as a whole are no better off economically because of mass immigration..................(cont')

http://www.vdare.com/pb/contra_costa_times_article.htm

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
Re: Dumb and dumber.
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 05:35:10 PM »
And they've locked out the independents.

So much for "democracy".
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 09:40:49 PM »
And they've locked out the independents.

So much for "democracy".
Well today I had a Black Democrat tell me that in the General Election no matter who wins Obama, Hillery or even McCain he would be comfortable with the outcome. I told him as a Black Democrat he should.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

newman

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 12:45:38 AM »
Is it actually 'illegal' for independents to run for either houses or the presidency or just difficult in a practical sense?

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 09:24:34 PM »
Is it actually 'illegal' for independents to run for either houses or the presidency or just difficult in a practical sense?
Independents are able to run for any position open on the ballot. Their are certain requirements but once they are met an independent can be listed on the ballot. The problem is that unless they have great name recognition and money they in most cases almost get no votes. In most cases independents harm the front runner with positions like their own and in my opinion often do more damage in the voting process than good.

newman

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008, 02:15:22 AM »
Independents are able to run for any position open on the ballot. Their are certain requirements but once they are met an independent can be listed on the ballot. The problem is that unless they have great name recognition and money they in most cases almost get no votes. In most cases independents harm the front runner with positions like their own and in my opinion often do more damage in the voting process than good.

America NEEDS a third party IMHO. One with a very simple policy platform: Rigid adherance to the Constitution and closed borders.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2008, 05:19:10 AM »

America NEEDS a third party IMHO. One with a very simple policy platform: Rigid adherance to the Constitution and closed borders.
It would be great to get a third party that would follow a platform like that. The problem is that Americans are almost evenly split between conservatives and liberals. In order to get anywhere in the election process a person running cant go to far to one direction or another and expect to win. Many of the minor parties appear on the ballots and from time to time and will run a third party candidate. Most times however they just endorse the front runner that they feel represents their views to some extent or another. As far as the Liberal or Conservative parties go the Liberals for the most part have gone in with the Democrats and Conservatives with the Republicans and basically them two parties are for all practical purposes exist in name only. Here are some links that may shed some light on things for you on how the parties are set up newman. The bottom link is an index to some of the parties however some of the links are old or the movements have fizzled out.   
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_conservatism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberal_Party_of_New_York
http://www.politicalindex.com/sect8.htm

newman

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2008, 05:22:42 AM »
Cheers, CJD. O0

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2008, 02:22:28 PM »

I agree 100%... a real conservative not sold out to the new world order garbage.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim