Author Topic: Walmart gets down on knees, apologizes to Muslim woman  (Read 1451 times)

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
Walmart gets down on knees, apologizes to Muslim woman
« on: February 21, 2008, 10:03:39 AM »
Walmart gets down on hands and knees and apologizes to Muslim woman.

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D8UU3L702.htm

Wal-Mart apologizes to Muslim woman
RIVERDALE, Utah

Wal-Mart Stores Inc. apologized to a Muslim woman who said she was mocked because of her face veil.

"Please don't stick me up," a cashier told the shopper on Feb. 2, according to The Council on American-Islamic Relations.

Wal-Mart apologized Monday in a letter signed by Rolando Rodriquez, a vice president and regional general manager. It was released Tuesday by the council's Nevada chapter.

"I can assure you that the associate in question was disciplined in accordance with our employment policies as a result of the situation," Rodriguez said without disclosing details.

Rodriguez said employees at the Riverdale store would undergo "sensitivity training," specifically in the Islamic faith and Muslim culture.

At Wal-Mart headquarters in Bentonville, Ark., spokesman Phillip Keene confirmed the letter and declined further comment.

"We applaud Wal-Mart for taking appropriate action to resolve this incident," said Yasser Moten, executive director of the council's Nevada chapter. The group doesn't have an office in Utah.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

newman

Re: Walmart gets down on knees, apologizes to Muslim woman
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 10:38:53 AM »
Why would a walmart cashier working part-time on minimum wage give a hoot in hell? They can go down to McDonalds and get a job paying the same or more money.

Offline abdithefaithful

• Full JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 11:25:49 AM »
Geez whiz, you mean to tell me that "The Council on American-Islamic Relations" are actually satisfied with the Wal-Mart employee getting off with a simple slap on the wrist and required enrollment in a "sensitivity training" class?!...  I'm surprised they didn't demand a publicly televised beheading in the Wal-Mart parking lot and several million dollars to be paid in punitive damages...

If you don't like The Great Chaim, then you sure as heck wouldn't like me!

Offline abdithefaithful

• Full JTFer
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 11:30:53 AM »

I told her that I had trouble understanding her because her voice seemed muffled and I couldn't read her lips. Her eyes narrowed dangerously

That's quite a CHILLING tale... Just goes to show you the, ahem, compassion (actually the lack of) buried in the inner depths of their darkened and corrupted souls...
If you don't like The Great Chaim, then you sure as heck wouldn't like me!

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 12:10:19 PM »
The first time I saw a woman in a burkah it totally threw me for a loop. The only time I'd ever seen them was on tv and only in connection with stories about terrorism. I'd also been talking to many Israeli people on Pal Talk who talked about the daily danger of homicide bombers, etc. So when I saw her come into my line I started shaking in fear and could barely speak to her. She seemed a little annoyed but not angry, thankfully. I got used to seeing people like her the more I worked out in public because they've been moving into Houston in massive numbers now.

One time when I was working as a cashier at a grocery store, this Muslim woman was trying to tell me what she wanted and I couldn't understand her because of the veil over her mouth. It was muffling her voice. I told her that I had trouble understanding her because her voice seemed muffled and I couldn't read her lips. Her eyes narrowed dangerously but I was just being honest with her. She repeated herself again slowly and then I was finally able to understand her and tell her where the item she wanted was.

Thankfully I didn't get into trouble.

You use paltalk? What's your username?

And I seen a muslim couple for the first time in my area too, the woman was wearing full head gear and they seemed really out of place in our area. I knew something was awkward, the smell, the way they walked, the look, everything about them indicated they were not welcome in my area.

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2008, 12:20:09 PM »
Rodriguez said employees at the Riverdale store would undergo "sensitivity training," specifically in the Islamic faith and Muslim culture.

Absurd and disgusting! It's burka-clad women who should undergo "sensitivity training." They should be made to understand how offensive and inappropriate their outfits are to their host cultures!

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2008, 02:04:26 PM »
All this and all the person did was crack a joke "please don't stick me up".
And it wasn't even offensive.
What about when they murdered thousands of people in one day on 9/11?
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline JR-Obilic

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2008, 02:49:18 PM »
 ;D
All or nothing.

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2008, 03:07:27 PM »
Muzzies are lazy. I would never employ one of them.

Face veil  ;D
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline george_jtf

• Full JTFer
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2008, 03:55:35 PM »
This is no different from what Muslims are doing throughout Europe........put on a veil, piss-off non-muslims, and then say "i was intimidated", and just waiting for a lawsuit to happen. Muslims are more racist than anyone else in this world, and this has been more than proven for the last 1400 years.

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2008, 04:32:36 PM »

Face veil  ;D

They're the laziest people on earth, they hate all countries non-Muzzie anyways.

Offline Matthias Corvinus

• Full JTFer
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2008, 05:10:51 PM »
Walmart gets down on hands and knees and apologizes to Muslim woman.

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D8UU3L702.htm

Wal-Mart apologizes to Muslim woman
RIVERDALE, Utah

Wal-Mart Stores Inc. apologized to a Muslim woman who said she was mocked because of her face veil.

"Please don't stick me up," a cashier told the shopper on Feb. 2, according to The Council on American-Islamic Relations.

This comment was uncalled for, and could in fact be construed as slander (accusation of a crime). (Not legal advice, I am not a lawyer.)

In this case, the cashier initiated the confrontation, as opposed to the "flying imams" who created what looked like a dangerous situation. The cashier created a problem where none existed.

Offline george_jtf

• Full JTFer
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2008, 06:43:57 PM »

Face veil  ;D

They're the laziest people on earth, they hate all countries non-Muzzie anyways.

come on, don't be like that! They are not lazy....how else would there be so many suicide bombers.........lol.lol.lol.lol

[censored]' muslims..........

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2008, 09:42:14 PM »
I'm not even Jewish and I've had fun humming Hava Nagila when they're around. What can I say? It's a cool song and I like it. Oh, and what are they going to complain about? "They were singing that awful Jewish song!" LOL