Author Topic: Anyone here own or into boats/jetskis?  (Read 3715 times)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Anyone here own or into boats/jetskis?
« on: February 24, 2008, 02:18:59 PM »
I love taking my waverunners out on the gulf, wondering if anyone else has this hobby?

I'd like to buy a boat sometime, if I ever get enough money, maybe a Yacht :)

« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 02:20:48 PM by Cohen »

Offline abdithefaithful

• Full JTFer
Re: Anyone here own or into boats/jetskis?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 02:34:37 PM »
Those are some mighty fine looking machines... They must be a blast to take out on the water... And just like with any sort of power vehicle, it's strongly advisable to not operate while under the influence of alcohol or medication that might cause you to get drowsy... And another big plus of you being courageous enough to operate such a daring and accelerating water vehicle is the fact that you're challenging the often unfair stereotype that us Jews aren't capable of performing well athletically... Obviously anyone who possesses the brutal degree of strength and stamina to operate such an awesome water vehicle must be a formidable athlete... Keep it up, I'm sure it's a healthy activity... And the environmentalists who constantly complain that those jet skis pollute our waters and destroy wildlife are greatly exaggerating their case-- The amount of pollutants generated from a vehicle like that pales in comparison to say, a huge freight ship or cruise vessel... Enjoy your many gifted and pleasurable days on the water!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 02:39:05 PM by abdithefaithful »
If you don't like The Great Chaim, then you sure as heck wouldn't like me!

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 02:38:44 PM »
Those are some mighty fine looking machines... They must be a blast to take out on the water... And just like with any sort of power vehicle, it's strongly advisable to not operate while under the influence of alcohol or medication that might cause you to get drowsy... And another big plus of you being courageous enough to operate such a daring and accelerating water vehicle is the fact that you're challenging the often unfair stereotype that us Jews aren't capable of performing well athletically... Obviously anyone who possesses the brutal degree of strength and stamina to operate such an awesome water vehicle must be a formidable athlete... Keep it up, I'm sure it's a healthy activity... And the environmentalists who constantly complain that those jet skies pollute our waters and destroy wildlife are greatly exaggerating their case-- The amount of pollutants generated from a vehicle like that pales in comparison to say, a huge freight ship or cruise vessel... Enjoy your many gifted and pleasurable days on the water!

Thanks for the reply, yes I have heard those stereotypes as well. I am very active and like to be constantly engaged in activities to get out of the house :) I am considering getting back involved with Scuba diving as well as it was a big hobby of mine. Long story but a incident scared me away from it for a long time but I am ready to get back involved.

Jetskis around here are involved in a lot of accidents, the problem is during tourist season, a lot of tourists rent jetskis from the hotels and don't know how to operate them. They don't realize operating a PWC (Personal Water Craft) is nothing like a car, if they try to avoid something, they don't realize there is no break and generally have slow reaction time.

I've been riding now for about 5 years. I've got a lot of experience with large waves out in the ocean and have only fallen off about 3 times in my 5 years I've ridden. None in the past recent years. I'm thinking of getting a standup ski for competition as well.

The salt water eats metal like crazy so we have to clean them pretty much as soon as their out of the water and flush the engines.

The environmentalists (in particular bluewater) claim that Jetskis release most of their gasoline in the water, but the 4 stroke skis are pretty environmentally safe.

Industry groups such as the Personal Watercraft Industry Association point out that environmental groups continue to cite pollution levels of pre-regulation watercraft and ignore the improvements made to newer models; and furthermore, that personal watercraft are unfairly singled out when they are no more polluting than other powered boats.

Definitely not a cheap hobby either, each of those machines run about 10,000 dollars a piece. I think some of them have gone down recently and entry level run about 5,000 dollars or so.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 02:50:38 PM by Cohen »

Offline ASHISH

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 03:19:14 PM »
Cohen i am afraid my boat will give you a run for your money  ;D

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 03:35:34 PM »
Cohen i am afraid my boat will give you a run for your money  ;D

Beware ;D

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 03:37:35 PM »
I challenge you with my Cuban style boat converted from a car.

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2008, 03:56:12 PM »
I challenge you with my Cuban style boat converted from a car.

Nothing beats that 8;) O0

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2008, 05:14:33 PM »
So anybody else here own boats?

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2008, 05:17:16 PM »
Cohen, I don't own a jetski but I have ridden them at least 30 different times on white lake in Upstate NY during the summers. They are so much fun. i don't think the ones I drove were as powerful as yours though.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline WALK STRONG

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2008, 05:29:44 PM »
I don't own a boat nor a jetski. I am into sailing though, and hopefully oneday, hope to get one. I have lived a lot of different places in the US. Hope to move to AK. I have lived out in the woods, in just a tent, worked two jobs at the same time, I was out there. Would like to go to AK, and pitch a tent:-) Save my money, and buy a good sailboat.

Hey Cohen, where on the gulf do you live?

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2008, 05:34:15 PM »
Cohen, I don't own a jetski but I have ridden them at least 30 different times on white lake in Upstate NY during the summers. They are so much fun. i don't think the ones I drove were as powerful as yours though.

Heres video of a FX140 (on the ski), this guys going about 40 at times, not full speed but gives you somewhat of an idea.

I've hit some monster waves at 60 mph, definitely get some major air and landing will hurt your butt like crazy. It's taken me a long time to learn to hit waves properly without falling off but I think i've mastered it for the most part. I treat my Jetskis like a bastard step child (which should give you an idea how hard I push these things).

The inexperienced riding Jetskis can be a big problem, if their just cruising around and they know the basic safety, that's fine, but my aunt and her husband almost got killed because her husband thought it would be cool to go out on the gulf without riding a ski before. They ended up hitting a wave and he lost control and tipped right near the rocks that open up the sound to the gulf of Mexico.

I could see them from the beach trying to tip the waverunner back over and I thought they were going to get crushed against the rocks and killed. Some other guys on jetskis assisted them and towed them away from the rocks. On top of the rocks being a danger, and swallowing a lot of salt water (regardless of the fact they had life preservers on), there was a danger of sharks attacking them while they were kicking and panicking.

One of my skis took in quite a bit of water and had to get that fixed up. I won't let anyone ride them again on the gulf alone unless they have proper experience.

I worked my way around taking waves in the sound. It's still risky going on the gulf but I know what I am doing. Risk is part of the fun as long as you don't panic and you have the experience.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2008, 05:36:20 PM »
I don't own a boat nor a jetski. I am into sailing though, and hopefully oneday, hope to get one. I have lived a lot of different places in the US. Hope to move to AK. I have lived out in the woods, in just a tent, worked two jobs at the same time, I was out there. Would like to go to AK, and pitch a tent:-) Save my money, and buy a good sailboat.

Hey Cohen, where on the gulf do you live?

Panhandle of Florida near Pensacola and Destin.

kellymaureen

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2008, 05:49:04 PM »
We have a ski nautique boat at my parents cottage on Findlay Lake, always loved waterskiing O0

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2008, 05:58:57 PM »
We have a ski nautique boat at my parents cottage on Findlay Lake, always loved waterskiing O0

Very nice boat Kelly, not sure where Findlay Lake is.

My mothers family has a cottage way up North in Tomahawk, Wisconsin. We used to go up there every year and go fishing. My grandpa had a pretty nice speedboat, also had a regular boat with a motor attached to it that you had to steer by hand (sitting in the back of the boat). I remember my cousins and I snuck out one time to go off to one of the man made islands and our parents were ticked. My retarded cousin at the time jumped off the front of the boat while it was still moving, we heard a loud "THUNK" and we were like "oh [censored]", turned off the motor as quick as possible. His mother and my parents were watching from the beach horrified and my cousin pops up laughing like a retard. He got his butt beat. That kid seriously had problems, I knew he was retarded when he tried to charge his RC car with a electrical wire sticking out of the ground. I haven't talked to him in years so that means he's either dead or in jail lol.

Those dragon flys drove me nuts, but there weren't any black people there either. It was just a small town where everyone fished and a few bars with a lot of stick and woods.

I like small lakes for vacation and stuff but I really like living on the ocean due to the monster waves. I like challenges.

kellymaureen

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2008, 06:09:22 PM »

My mothers family has a cottage way up North in Tomahawk, Wisconsin. We used to go up there every year and go fishing. My grandpa had a pretty nice speedboat, also had a regular boat with a motor attached to it that you had to steer by hand (sitting in the back of the boat). I remember my cousins and I snuck out one time to go off to one of the man made islands and our parents were ticked. My retarded cousin at the time jumped off the front of the boat while it was still moving, we heard a loud "THUNK" and we were like "oh excrement", turned off the motor as quick as possible. His mother and my parents were watching from the beach horrified and my cousin pops up laughing like a retard. He got his butt beat. That kid seriously had problems, I knew he was retarded when he tried to charge his RC car with a electrical wire sticking out of the ground. I haven't talked to him in years so that means he's either dead or in jail lol.

Those dragon flys drove me nuts, but there weren't any black people there either. It was just a small town where everyone fished and a few bars with a lot of stick and woods.

I like small lakes for vacation and stuff but I really like living on the ocean due to the monster waves. I like challenges

Findlay Lake is a REAL small town on the southeastern border of NY and PA, the lake is manmade, its a nice size, not huge but not tiny by any means.  I love it there, mom doesnt use it much any more so my sister, brother and I use it alot in the summer.  All very very nice people around there, quite a few amish farms lol my sister and I use to hang out with the amish boys when we were teenagers.

:o Wow hes SOOOO lucky he didnt get hit by the boat!!!!!!!!!! I would have been freaking if I was driving it lol....and yes I would have wanted to beat his arse after scaring me too :D

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2008, 06:11:32 PM »
Sounds like fun.  I've never tried it. O0

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2008, 06:23:07 PM »

My mothers family has a cottage way up North in Tomahawk, Wisconsin. We used to go up there every year and go fishing. My grandpa had a pretty nice speedboat, also had a regular boat with a motor attached to it that you had to steer by hand (sitting in the back of the boat). I remember my cousins and I snuck out one time to go off to one of the man made islands and our parents were ticked. My retarded cousin at the time jumped off the front of the boat while it was still moving, we heard a loud "THUNK" and we were like "oh excrement", turned off the motor as quick as possible. His mother and my parents were watching from the beach horrified and my cousin pops up laughing like a retard. He got his butt beat. That kid seriously had problems, I knew he was retarded when he tried to charge his RC car with a electrical wire sticking out of the ground. I haven't talked to him in years so that means he's either dead or in jail lol.

I like small lakes for vacation and stuff but I really like living on the ocean due to the monster waves. I like challenges

Findlay Lake is a REAL small town on the southeastern border of NY and PA, the lake is manmade, its a nice size, not huge but not tiny by any means.  I love it there, mom doesnt use it much any more so my sister, brother and I use it alot in the summer.  All very very nice people around there, quite a few amish farms lol my sister and I use to hang out with the amish boys when we were teenagers.

:o Wow hes SOOOO lucky he didnt get hit by the boat!!!!!!!!!! I would have been freaking if I was driving it lol....and yes I would have wanted to beat his arse after scaring me too :D

Oh we got revenge on him, while he was sleeping, his brother, my brother, and I caught him while he was in the outhouse whistling late at night constantly ringing the bell thing, and we jumped him and made him eat dirt. Held him upside down ready to give him a swirly in the outhouse, he screamed "i'm sorry i'm sorry!" and that taught him.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 06:25:07 PM by Cohen »

kellymaureen

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2008, 06:28:53 PM »

Oh we got revenge on him, while he was sleeping, his brother, my brother, and I caught him while he was in the outhouse whistling late at night constantly ringing the bell thing, and we jumped him and made him eat dirt. Held him upside down ready to give him a swirly in the outhouse, he screamed "i'm sorry i'm sorry!" and that taught him.

:::D :::D :::D

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2008, 07:12:53 PM »
I'd like to own something like this

One day....  ^-^

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2008, 11:08:34 PM »
Took the jetskis out today, got some video of me cruising around the sound. With the price of gas, I rarely get to take them out much anymore, and I hate giving Arabs money, but gotta enjoy ourselves once in a while.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 11:21:20 PM by מאיר כהן »

Offline Haim_Ben_Shimon_3JFB

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2008, 12:57:50 AM »
just curious how much is it?

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2008, 01:06:31 AM »

Several million.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2008, 03:31:06 PM »

The yacht or the jetskis?

I paid 20,000 for the 2 jetskis and the trailer.

Offline Haim_Ben_Shimon_3JFB

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2008, 05:31:36 PM »
nice!!!

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2008, 06:00:08 PM »
I'm surprised that I missed this thread. This is how I wakeboard. http://www.orlandowatersports.com/ No boat needed.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?