Poll

If you had all the power in Israel, with no external pressure, would you permit free worship for ancient religious groups like Karaites, Samaritans and others?

Yes. I would allow them.
3 (25%)
No. I would forbid them
6 (50%)
I am not sure
3 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Ancient Ethnical/ Religious Groups in Eretz Yisrael  (Read 3265 times)

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
Ancient Ethnical/ Religious Groups in Eretz Yisrael
« on: February 26, 2008, 07:45:31 PM »
If you had all the power in Israel, with no external pressure, would you permit free worship for ancient religious groups like Karaites, Samaritans, and others?

I hold they have their right to be in Eretz Israel and have religious freedom. I just want to know what's JTF Jews' view about it.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 07:50:34 PM by Raulmarrio2000 »

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Ancient Ethnical/ Religious Groups in Eretz Yisrael
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 07:59:31 PM »
NO.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 11:51:50 PM »
No idol worship, but other religions are fine as long as a Jew isnt the one following them
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 01:27:47 AM »
No, if I had power and a Sanhedrin I would execute them.   :P
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 03:50:48 AM »

Are you serious? :o

newman

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 04:15:30 AM »
No idol worship, but other religions are fine as long as a Jew isnt the one following them

A Sanhedrin could NEVER allow heretical religions and places of worship in the Holy Land.

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 05:57:27 AM »
Yes, if they're not practising idolatry but I'm not Israeli, and definatly not G-d who's the only suvereign over Erec Israel.   
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2008, 07:55:57 AM »

What other religions would you put to death?  ::)

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2008, 08:44:55 AM »
As long as they're not evil, like Muslims, I have no problem with it.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2008, 08:24:17 PM »
Yes, if they're not practising idolatry but I'm not Israeli, and definatly not G-d who's the only suvereign over Erec Israel.   

As far as you are a Jew, you can give your opinion, who knows if you make alyah in future......

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2008, 11:20:12 PM »
The only other "religion" permitted for non Jews in Israel would be worshipping of ONE G-d, following the 7 noachide laws.  That is not so much a religion as more of a vow to keep those 7 laws in whatever format and externalities the goyim choose for themselves.  As for Jews, Nothing But Judaism.

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2008, 11:29:00 PM »
noahides would certainly have to be allowed
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2008, 11:42:59 PM »

In fact, those gropups I mentioned DO keep they Noahide Laws. They don't violate them. They also keep a form of Judaism and consider themselves Israelites. They have been in Israel for thousand of years.

Noahides, even if they keep all the Laws, should not be allowed to make alyah from abroad just for being Noahides. If so, everyone could live in Israel.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2008, 11:56:01 PM »

In fact, those gropups I mentioned DO keep they Noahide Laws. They don't violate them. They also keep a form of Judaism and consider themselves Israelites. They have been in Israel for thousand of years.

Noahides, even if they keep all the Laws, should not be allowed to make alyah from abroad just for being Noahides. If so, everyone could live in Israel.

Not so fast.  Those groups you mentioned, Karaites and Samaritans, consider themselves the "real Jews," but what they practice is a form of heresy and they were excommunicated from the Jewish people by the rabbis centuries ago.  We will not allow this blasphemy and chillul hashem to be perpetrated in the land of Israel. 

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2008, 11:59:15 PM »
As long as they're not evil, like Muslims, I have no problem with it.

Good reason

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2008, 12:07:57 AM »

Not so fast.  Those groups you mentioned, Karaites and Samaritans, consider themselves the "real Jews," but what they practice is a form of heresy and they were excommunicated from the Jewish people by the rabbis centuries ago.  We will not allow this blasphemy and chillul hashem to be perpetrated in the land of Israel. 

I don't debate in my own polls, my position is already stated at the top of the thread. Neither have I voted in this one, since I am not an Israelite.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2008, 12:37:04 AM »
Just surprised that Mods, Admins and JTF leaders haven't said what is their view. I have another important question to JTFers but I don't want one poll to influence the other. Perhaps I'll ask later....
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 12:42:54 AM by Raulmarrio2000 »

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2008, 01:32:42 AM »

I don't debate in my own polls, my position is already stated at the top of the thread. Neither have I voted in this one, since I am not an Israelite.

I'm just saying that the line is not so clear cut about classifying them as "non Jews" and saying the "keep the noachide laws."  Samaritans and Karaites dispute authentic Torah Judaism as being untrue, so they can't be considered valid noachides either. 

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2008, 03:14:05 AM »
Even an Orthodox Observant Jew could have some inner doubts about the legitmacy of some Hallacha interpretation. What's the problem with ancient groups who dispute some points, then?

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2008, 05:16:20 AM »
Karatie Judaism is a sect of Judaism, it's not a religion by itself. There is no reason they wouldn't be allowed.
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2008, 05:21:23 AM »
A Sanhedrin could NEVER allow heretical religions and places of worship in the Holy Land.
As long as they aren't Idol Worshipers, they are fine by the Sanhedrin.

No, the Karaties don't say they are the real Jews, they say they practice real Judaism. And they were never excommunicated from the Jewish people by the rabbis centuries ago. 
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2008, 07:14:01 AM »
I would outlaw islam - no question about it. I would leave the druse community alone for now. They are a very close-knit community, and so far have been reasonably loyal to the state. I would allow Christian worship and give Christians full access to their holy places. However, I would monitor closely the congregations that preach "replacement theology." I don't know yet whether I would prohibit them outright or limit them in spreading their message. I might insist that their priests go to re-education schools. While I dearly love Protestants and Catholics who love and support Israel, I have my deep suspicion about some Orthodox Churches. Most Russian and Armenian churches are very anti-Israel. I don't know so much about the Greek Church. I once talked to a Greek Orthodox theologian, who was pro-Israel, but I don't know how typical he is.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2008, 08:38:27 PM »
Even an Orthodox Observant Jew could have some inner doubts about the legitmacy of some Hallacha interpretation. What's the problem with ancient groups who dispute some points, then?

It's not about disputing points.  They DENY THE ORAL TORAH.  This is heresy.  Whether officially "excommunicated" or not, it is officially heresy. 

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2008, 09:14:38 PM »
I wouldn't be worried about ancient groups who have been in Israel for thousands of years.
I do worry very much about the 90% of secular Israelis, and many other secular Jews in the world. Up till a few years ago, even an atheist Jews was still a Jew and there is a hope he would do Teshuvah. All Jews identify themselves with the Jewish people, and so seculars, in case they decide to be religious, they'd obviously choose Judaism. But now, with these so called "Christian Zionists", mostly active missionaries of fundamentalist Rapturist Christianity..... I am scared.... what if they target those seculars????????? A threat to worry about. It's as dangerous as the Arab enemies!!!!! But noone seems to care.

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2008, 03:24:18 AM »
Greek Ortodox and Roman Catholic churches are legal and ideological heirs to western and eastern Roman Empire plus they replaced Israelites with themselfs as G-d's chosen nations just as Samaritanes did  earlier and Muslimes later. Of course Ishmaelite muslimes who have considerable politicall, economic and military power and will never acept any kind of Jewish ownerhip over EI are greatest threat now. First you must beat them then plan what to do with minorietes. As lond as mayority of Jews are living in exile, you won't able to mucyh anyway.
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm