Poll

Should it be banned?

Yes.
2 (20%)
No.
8 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Should the term lesbian be banned when referring to homosexual women?  (Read 2533 times)

admin

The term lesbian is an insult to the real original inhabitants of the Greek island of Lesbos who were not homosexual. Why should they steal a whole island name just becaue one person from there was homosexual. I never say lesbian. I only say gay, homosexual, faggot, or dyke. I only say lesbian if I'm quoting someone who said it.

I say to ban it.

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
Re: Should the term lesbian be banned when referring to homosexual women?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 01:23:27 AM »
What's with the banning threads?   ???
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 01:24:55 AM »
I say no. I prefer other terms to be banned. I don't call Gay people Fags or dykes.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 01:33:01 AM »
Well, according to my strict defence of peoples, ethnicities and nations..... I would avoid it, not because I think that a gay woman is a shame to the Lesbos Island, (Just to clarify, I don't think that) but because is ethimologically wrong and hijacks the name of a population (nation, ethnicity....). I also oppose the use of "vandalism" for instance, because Vandals were a nation in History. If "Vandalism" and "barbaric" were also banned, then I'd agree. But since so many words are permitted in the forum, and every day speech, I vote NO.

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 01:54:39 AM »
I woud bann the term "gay" instead there's nothing happy or funny in calamites; Besides Greeks call it Lesvos not Lesbos. Yacob please stop those bann thread, no words shud be banned unless they vulgar, curse or from newspeak.
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 02:38:40 AM »
ayyy, sometimes I think Yakov is just trying to get more posts.. but then again.. I AM responding to it.

Brian

newman

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 02:54:52 AM »
Not all of Lesbos's inhabitants were dykes but the world's first recorded all-girl 'fun' resort was there.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2008, 03:07:44 AM »
Ban EVERYTHING!
I like Lesbos, it's a cool island! What a pity that now you can't say "I'm from Lesbos" without people looking at you!  :o

:::D :::D :D

newman

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2008, 03:14:02 AM »
Ban EVERYTHING!
I like Lesbos, it's a cool island! What a pity that now you can't say "I'm from Lesbos" without people looking at you!  :o

You should be able to get away with it as long as you're not wearing sensible shoes at the time.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2008, 03:22:02 AM »
Ban EVERYTHING!

I am not from Lesbos but met many good lesbians from Lesbos! I met a guy who was a lesbian once!

I find most guys are lesbians  8;)  Ok I will shut up now  :-[

newman

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2008, 03:34:43 AM »
Ban EVERYTHING!

I am not from Lesbos but met many good lesbians from Lesbos! I met a guy who was a lesbian once!

I'm a 'raving lezzo'! Can't keep my eyes off women. :D

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2008, 04:32:18 AM »
Ban EVERYTHING!

I bet you do Newman, I guess why you ditched Christianity and didn't converted into Judaism neither. Well that's your life; How do you voted anyway? 

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy

newman

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2008, 04:35:46 AM »
Ban EVERYTHING!

I bet you do Newman, I guess why you ditched Christianity and didn't converted into Judaism neither. Well that's your life; How do you voted anyway? 

Keep the word. We call fags 'sodomites' after Sodom. Lesbos was the worlds first all-girl 'amusement park' so I don't see the harm.

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2008, 05:04:10 AM »
Ban EVERYTHING!

Keep the word. We call fags 'sodomites' after Sodom. Lesbos was the worlds first all-girl 'amusement park' so I don't see the harm.

That's my opinion too, catering to "sensible feelings" of minorities is way to PC censorship.

Love your Enemy

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2008, 06:16:27 AM »
I'll agree to ban the word "lesbian" if everyone will start calling them "carpetmunchers"!

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2008, 07:44:42 AM »
someone is going to get kicked in the nuts next time i see him....
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2008, 07:47:20 AM »
someone is going to get kicked in the nuts next time i see him....
:::D

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2008, 07:50:57 AM »
The term lesbian is an insult to the real original inhabitants of the Greek island of Lesbos who were not homosexual. Why should they steal a whole island name just becaue one person from there was homosexual. I never say lesbian. I only say gay, homosexual, faggot, or dyke. I only say lesbian if I'm quoting someone who said it.

I say to ban it.

This is too funny Yacov.  :::D