Author Topic: Congrats to Shawn Green!  (Read 821 times)

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
Congrats to Shawn Green!
« on: February 29, 2008, 03:18:41 PM »
Arguably the best Jewish baseball player since Sandy Koufax has called it a career.  It was a great pleasure for me to follow his baseball career pretty much from the beginning.  The highlight was when he hit four homers in one game with the Dodgers about five years ago.  He finishes his career with 328 career homers, second highest Jewish HR total ever, only the great Hank Greenberg has more.  Unfortunately, he finishes without a World Series ring, but still a great career.  Best of luck to him in his retirement.  He doesn't have to worry about money, having made over 100 million from baseball, lucky son of a gun.   O0

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
Re: Congrats to Shawn Green!
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 03:39:00 PM »
He was a great player no doubt. But he did play on Shabbat the only holiday that he took off was Yom Kippur. That was one part that I didn't like. But I hope he does use some of the money for Jewish Causes though
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 01:57:52 AM »
I know he used to give to some Jewish charities every time he hit a homerun.  In his defense, I don't think any team would have put up with him missing Friday and Saturday games.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 02:25:56 AM »
He was very good to the Jewish Community in this regard. He is a fine man.
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh