Author Topic: safe haven for newborns?  (Read 1531 times)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
safe haven for newborns?
« on: March 03, 2008, 10:42:09 AM »
In the recent past, many young mothers would give birth and heinously throw their newborns in the garbage can.  Now there are safe havens for women to drop off their unwanted newborns.

I know this has nothing to do with JTF. However, I wanted to know what you guys thought about that?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: safe haven for newborns?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 11:30:03 AM »
In the recent past, many young mothers would give birth and heinously throw their newborns in the garbage can.  Now there are safe havens for women to drop off their unwanted newborns.

I know this has nothing to do with JTF. However, I wanted to know what you guys thought about that?
I think it's wonderful
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 11:36:11 AM »
If it can save a human life it is wonderfull. But how can a mother be so cruel to throw a baby away? and so coward even not to take him to a hospital??? How can a society be so crazy to condone that behaviour???????

Offline FULL METAL JACKET

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 11:48:26 AM »
Now there are safe havens for women to drop off their unwanted newborns.
There has always been safe havens to drop off babies, this concept is ancient. It helps save lives.
Formely known as "1986"

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 12:09:23 PM »
Some women are frightened of being beaten by family or having their lives ruined economically or socially by an unwanted or unplanned baby. Some are drug addicts or otherwise unable to care for babies.

I think one reason why some women did it was that they were afraid of being prosecuted for abandoning a baby at a hospital. Allowing a safe haven to drop babies off with no questions asked is a great way to save these baby's lives.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 05:29:30 PM »
This is one of the few things I'd support my with my own taxmoney. 

In my opinion, there is an order of preference for life saving, and it goes as follows: Babies,Children,Adults,monkeys,Dogs,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,pond-scum,Muslims.

Brian

kellymaureen

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2008, 07:25:40 PM »
Some women are frightened of being beaten by family or having their lives ruined economically or socially by an unwanted or unplanned baby. Some are drug addicts or otherwise unable to care for babies.

I think one reason why some women did it was that they were afraid of being prosecuted for abandoning a baby at a hospital. Allowing a safe haven to drop babies off with no questions asked is a great way to save these baby's lives.

All excuses and REAL bad ones.  When I had my son it wasnt the 'perfect' time for me to do it, but no way I would kill him or give him up, so I worked hard and made it to where I am today WITH him. 
Why would you be prosecuted for dropping off a newborn at a hospital, where it will be safe, saying look i just cant take care of it now, at least its safe, warm and cared for, and will eventually find a good home....any woman who throws a baby away in the trash or leaves it to freeze outside is a sick monster who deserves nothing less than to be put into prison if not executed for taking a life should the child die.

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2008, 07:49:21 PM »
I think its great, years ago you could leave them in a church now there is no one there anymore, last month someone left a baby in a toilet bowl in a camp ground.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2008, 07:59:18 PM »
Once I heard about a case like that on the radio, and I asked my ex-lawyer what the charge would be. He said "abandoning a person", but I disagreed and thought it was homicide.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2008, 01:33:04 AM »
Of course it's a great idea.  O0