Author Topic: I have some wonderful news  (Read 10584 times)

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: I have some wonderful news
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2008, 07:21:50 PM »
What the Hell's the matter with you Erica?  I simply asked a very applicable question from a purely Jewish point of view, which you have no knowledge nor edification in.  You are one self-righteous individual you know that?  What fcuking balls you have!  If you had some semblance of knowledge in Judaism you'd understand my question...    I’m not even going to dignify further your pompous comment with any semblance of response..... 

I do understand what you were meaning, and even with the situation as it is, its far from ideal. The girl in question I do not like one bit, and had spoken to Doc to try and work out how I could get rid of her, out of his life.

Honestly she is a nutcase.

My son doesn't want to follow some things in life, regardless how I have tried to teach him. What can I do, but accept what has happened.

Ideally he had a nice girl two months ago, but he didn't want to commit to her, had relations with this one, and bingo theres a baby.

The fact is my son was told he could never sire children. I was far from pleased when it was first claimed.

Until the blood tests returned, its truly a blessing from G-d this child is here at all.

And I have to accept the mother regardless. Its very much like if you child comes home and says its married a one legged, humped back, aids infested muslim.

What can you do?

Just Erica

« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2008, 07:22:08 PM »
Am I correct in saying that your daughter is not married and just had a child out of wedlock with a non-Jew? 
First off (sorry Skippy...), it's Skippy's adopted son...second, she just said it doesn't matter to her. She's excited to be a grandmother. Let her have that.

Thank you Erica and 1000% correct  O0

And he now is getting scared, well I said you can't undo the deed now  ;)

But blood tests came back the mother is healthy and so is the baby.  O0
I'm glad all is well with the baby and mom, SKippy. I know you can't wait for all of the spoiling to begin. What a lucky babe they will be. :)

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2008, 07:24:36 PM »
  You'll be a very, very cool grandmother!!!!

I am hoping to be a groovy grandma. My mum is please as punch too, her first Great Grand child.  :)

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2008, 07:26:29 PM »
Am I correct in saying that your daughter is not married and just had a child out of wedlock with a non-Jew? 
First off (sorry Skippy...), it's Skippy's adopted son...second, she just said it doesn't matter to her. She's excited to be a grandmother. Let her have that.

Thank you Erica and 1000% correct  O0

And he now is getting scared, well I said you can't undo the deed now  ;)

But blood tests came back the mother is healthy and so is the baby.  O0
I'm glad all is well with the baby and mom, SKippy. I know you can't wait for all of the spoiling to begin. What a lucky babe they will be. :)

Well I have already gone shopping  :-[ :-[

I am making a few bunny rugs  8;)

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2008, 07:34:24 PM »
My point is that Skippy answered the question 3 times before I even responded and you didn't bother to even read them. Stop bashing her and her family because a child was concieved in a way you wouldn't approve of. I'm not self-righteous, I just HATE IT when people are unfairly targeted and bashed. You need help...get over your anger issues, Marzutra.

Skippy has stood up for me on many an  occasion, I'm honored to do the same for her. No matter what, she will be a proud grandmother.
Not only pompous but fcuking ignorant.  Perhaps read, attempt to understand prior to posting would help.  

Firstly, if this was commented it wasn't/isn't anywhere near my post because I simply read one of the other posts.  Secondly, I did not bash anyone, I simply posed a question.  Do you even know the difference between a statement and a question?  Something you might aught to learn prior to teaching don't you think?  You are right about one thing, I do not approve of such.  It seems as though I'm on the wrong site.  I thought this was a Jewish: Judaism site....ibid.  How is it "targeting" when I simply asked a question and she is centered on this fcuking thread?  

Anger issues?  Perhaps you are correct.  I do have “anger issues”.  These “issues” would be solved if I didn't converse with discourteous, intolerable ignorami like you interjecting and spewing your boorish opinions where they just simply are not warranted and totally given out of perspective….  
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 07:37:30 PM by MarZutra »
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Just Erica

« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2008, 07:39:09 PM »
What the Hell's the matter with you Erica?  I simply asked a very applicable question from a purely Jewish point of view, which you have no knowledge nor edification in.  You are one self-righteous individual you know that?  What fcuking balls you have!  If you had some semblance of knowledge in Judaism you'd understand my question...    I’m not even going to dignify further your pompous comment with any semblance of response..... 

I do understand what you were meaning, and even with the situation as it is, its far from ideal. The girl in question I do not like one bit, and had spoken to Doc to try and work out how I could get rid of her, out of his life.

Honestly she is a nutcase.

My son doesn't want to follow some things in life, regardless how I have tried to teach him. What can I do, but accept what has happened.

Ideally he had a nice girl two months ago, but he didn't want to commit to her, had relations with this one, and bingo theres a baby.

The fact is my son was told he could never sire children. I was far from pleased when it was first claimed.

Until the blood tests returned, its truly a blessing from G-d this child is here at all.

And I have to accept the mother regardless. Its very much like if you child comes home and says its married a one legged, humped back, aids infested muslim.

What can you do?

You're right about that...There are some kids who go against their parents' wishes all of the time. All we can do is teach them and hope to God that they heard us and learned something. Regardless, you love your son and this is a happy moment for you (and no doubt a learning experience for him. ) You did great!

Just Erica

« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2008, 07:43:29 PM »
My point is that Skippy answered the question 3 times before I even responded and you didn't bother to even read them. Stop bashing her and her family because a child was concieved in a way you wouldn't approve of. I'm not self-righteous, I just HATE IT when people are unfairly targeted and bashed. You need help...get over your anger issues, Marzutra.

Skippy has stood up for me on many an  occasion, I'm honored to do the same for her. No matter what, she will be a proud grandmother.
Not only pompous but fcuking ignorant.  Perhaps read, attempt to understand prior to posting would help.  

Firstly, if this was commented it wasn't/isn't anywhere near my post because I simply read one of the other posts.  Secondly, I did not bash anyone, I simply posed a question.  Do you even know the difference between a statement and a question?  Something you might aught to learn prior to teaching don't you think?  You are right about one thing, I do not approve of such.  It seems as though I'm on the wrong site.  I thought this was a Jewish: Judaism site....ibid.  How is it "targeting" when I simply asked a question and she is centered on this fcuking thread?  

Anger issues?  Perhaps you are correct.  I do have “anger issues”.  These “issues” would be solved if I didn't converse with discourteous, intolerable ignorami like you interjecting and spewing your boorish opinions where they just simply are not warranted and totally given out of perspective….  

This was meant to be a happy thread, celebrating Skippy's new Grandmotherhood. How the baby was concieved, who-by and religious affiliations should have been left out of it. Why don't you go back and read the tone of your post.

And Skippy, if I disrespected you in any way by answering in your stead, I'm sorry. The post just seemed accusatory and I didn't want you to feel bad about what's happening in yours and your son's life.

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2008, 07:48:04 PM »
"This was meant to be a happy thread, celebrating Skippy's new Grandmotherhood. How the baby was concieved, who-by and religious affiliations should have been left out of it. Why don't you go back and read the tone of your post.

And Skippy, if I disrespected you in any way by answering in your stead, I'm sorry. The post just seemed accusatory and I didn't want you to feel bad about what's happening in yours and your son's life."

Is this not a Jewish forum?  Does that have anything to do with Judaism?  Duhhh... 

Perhaps you're "tone" is a bit skewed as I simply posed a question.  G-d you are self righteous....
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2008, 07:49:51 PM »

And Skippy, if I disrespected you in any way by answering in your stead, I'm sorry. The post just seemed accusatory and I didn't want you to feel bad about what's happening in yours and your son's life.

Its find I am ok with it. No worries.

Just Erica

« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2008, 08:02:01 PM »
"This was meant to be a happy thread, celebrating Skippy's new Grandmotherhood. How the baby was concieved, who-by and religious affiliations should have been left out of it. Why don't you go back and read the tone of your post.

And Skippy, if I disrespected you in any way by answering in your stead, I'm sorry. The post just seemed accusatory and I didn't want you to feel bad about what's happening in yours and your son's life."

Is this not a Jewish forum?  Does that have anything to do with Judaism?  Duhhh... 

Perhaps you're "tone" is a bit skewed as I simply posed a question.  G-d you are self righteous....
Your question was accusatory...as if Skippy didn't do her job as a parent to make sure that her son didn't concieve out of wedlock within the Jewish faith. That's a wrong assumption to make, especially when she as a parent did what she could to raise her son to the best of her ability. Let her be happy about her news.

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2008, 08:04:46 PM »
You are very presumptuous and indeed pompous…. 

Just Erica

« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2008, 08:06:41 PM »
You are very presumptuous and indeed pompous…. 
Actually, that would be you.

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2008, 08:18:30 PM »
Imerica, with your last comment considering how this entire inept confrontation began you have truly out done yourself.  You are a prime example of why American academia has declined into debasement...  Keep up the good work O0

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2008, 09:11:10 PM »
Skippy, you speak of "preserving the white race", but you see it okay for Jews to procreate with Non-Jews? Or is your son not really Jewish because if he had a valid conversion, he wouldn't go procreating with Non-Jewish women.

Yacov how many times have I been bashed on this forum for saying Jews are a race, and you are using it to question me, saying because he has had sex with a Gentile he has dishonored the JEWISH RACE.  :o

Which side of the fence are you sitting?

I will say this, no matter what I am , what I do, first and for most I am a mother, don't try to stand between me and my son. I will never allow it.

As for your so called stab, the girl is white, and even if she wasn't, I would still love my son and his child no different to what I do now.

If you had read my comments, you will find I was not happy with his choice of mother for the child, but there is little I can do.

He is an adult where and who he choses to have sex with is his choice. I am not controlling, I can't physically watch his every move 24 hours a day.

He comes to me, our relationship is strong, that is all one parent can ask of their child. So he makes mistakes, he will learn from them.

He is a good kid, holds down a great job, lives in another state to me, respects his elders and women, never in trouble with the law, never taken drugs.

This is what is important to me, he has a faith in G-d, and respects others beliefs. All in all, many parents now a days can't even claim one 5th of that.

And unlike many, Yacov I support my son, I love my son, and no little incident of him sleeping with the wrong woman will change that.

I hope I have made myself perfectly clear.

Just Erica

« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2008, 09:21:07 PM »
Imerica, with your last comment considering how this entire inept confrontation began you have truly out done yourself.  You are a prime example of why American academia has declined into debasement...  Keep up the good work O0
You don't have to raise children, MarZutra. So for you to insult me because I posted something you didn't want to read or understand is pretty low. I'm not interested in out-doing anyone. This isn't a contest. It's about certain people just letting Skippy have her moment in happiness instead of questioning her motives as a Jew and a mother of a convert.

And Skippy is the prime example of a hard-working, selfless and dedicated mother who gives her all when it comes to her son and her beliefs. I respect that so much about her. That will always trump over how much we disagree with each other.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #65 on: March 06, 2008, 09:25:50 PM »
You don't have to raise children, MarZutra. So for you to insult me because I posted something you didn't want to read or understand is pretty low. I'm not interested in out-doing anyone. This isn't a contest. It's about certain people just letting Skippy have her moment in happiness instead of questioning her motives as a Jew and a mother of a convert.

And Skippy is the prime example of a hard-working, selfless and dedicated mother who gives her all when it comes to her son and her beliefs. I respect that so much about her. That will always trump over how much we disagree with each other.

Thank you Erica that every kind of you to say that, I respect you as well.

I understand from a Jewish stand point its not the best outcome.

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2008, 09:37:01 PM »
Give your head a shake Erica...really.  You are so off base...  Where do you get off?  If one cannot even post a question, having nothing whatsoever to do with YOU, something is truly wrong.  shove off!!

Offline FULL METAL JACKET

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2008, 09:37:40 PM »
Skippy, you speak of "preserving the white race", but you see it okay for Jews to procreate with Non-Jews? Or is your son not really Jewish because if he had a valid conversion, he wouldn't go procreating with Non-Jewish women.

Yacov how many times have I been bashed on this forum for saying Jews are a race, and you are using it to question me, saying because he has had sex with a Gentile he has dishonored the JEWISH RACE.  :o

Which side of the fence are you sitting?

I will say this, no matter what I am , what I do, first and for most I am a mother, don't try to stand between me and my son. I will never allow it.

As for your so called stab, the girl is white, and even if she wasn't, I would still love my son and his child no different to what I do now.

If you had read my comments, you will find I was not happy with his choice of mother for the child, but there is little I can do.

He is an adult where and who he choses to have sex with is his choice. I am not controlling, I can't physically watch his every move 24 hours a day.

He comes to me, our relationship is strong, that is all one parent can ask of their child. So he makes mistakes, he will learn from them.

He is a good kid, holds down a great job, lives in another state to me, respects his elders and women, never in trouble with the law, never taken drugs.

This is what is important to me, he has a faith in G-d, and respects others beliefs. All in all, many parents now a days can't even claim one 5th of that.

And unlike many, Yacov I support my son, I love my son, and no little incident of him sleeping with the wrong woman will change that.

I hope I have made myself perfectly clear.
You're a great mom. I wish your family the best.
Formely known as "1986"

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2008, 09:42:17 PM »
Guys, I understand this is a religious forum, and that you all might be curious as to whether or not Skippy's son is halachically Jewish.  They are valid questions from a religious perspective.  But keep in mind that many of us have not met each other in person.  All we have to go by are words typed on a screen.  And it seems to me that Skippy is being ganged up on, which I don't think is right.  If Skippy wants to discuss the religion of her son, that's her choice. 

So if any of you have questions about these matters, please just send her a private message. 

Just Erica

« Reply #69 on: March 06, 2008, 09:49:03 PM »
Give your head a shake Erica...really.  You are so off base...  Where do you get off?  If one cannot even post a question, having nothing whatsoever to do with YOU, something is truly wrong.  shove off!!
Like I said before, Skippy stood up for me in posts that had absolutely nothing to do with her when I was being ganged up on so I paid her back. But what bothers me is that the people I expected to support her (some of them) aren't. They're judging her parenting. Be happy for her good news and leave religion out of it. THat's all I'm saying.

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #70 on: March 06, 2008, 09:52:36 PM »
I'm not judging anyone.  I ASKED A QUESTION!  NOTHING of what you stated is applicable to me outside of your contorted perception of reality.  I stated nothing about her parenthood...I didn't attack her at all.  By asking a question is attacking someone?  What planet do you live on anyway?   Even if I were “judging” someone, it is none of your stupid business anyway as it has nothing to do with you.   Please go back and read my original question.  I JUST ASKED A stupid QUESTION!  JESUS CHRIST!! 
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 09:59:50 PM by MarZutra »

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #71 on: March 06, 2008, 10:04:38 PM »
If Skippy's adoptive son converted VALIDLY and FREELY on his own initiative, he is a Jew. If not he is a Gentile. The question is why did he convert and how. Anyway, whether the conversion was valid or not, according to hallacha he is either a Gentile (if conversion was invalid), or a Ben Abraham (if it was valid). Not Skippy's son. Hallacha does not validate adoptions.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #72 on: March 06, 2008, 11:55:33 PM »

You're a great mom. I wish your family the best.

Thanks FMJ

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2008, 11:56:59 PM »
I'm not judging anyone.  I ASKED A QUESTION!  NOTHING of what you stated is applicable to me outside of your contorted perception of reality.  I stated nothing about her parenthood...I didn't attack her at all.  By asking a question is attacking someone?  What planet do you live on anyway?   Even if I were “judging” someone, it is none of your stupid business anyway as it has nothing to do with you.   Please go back and read my original question.  I JUST ASKED A stupid QUESTION!  JESUS CHRIST!! 

Did mind your question, and I answered it, I am fine with what you asked.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2008, 11:59:27 PM »
Guys, I understand this is a religious forum, and that you all might be curious as to whether or not Skippy's son is halachically Jewish.  They are valid questions from a religious perspective.  But keep in mind that many of us have not met each other in person.  All we have to go by are words typed on a screen.  And it seems to me that Skippy is being ganged up on, which I don't think is right.  If Skippy wants to discuss the religion of her son, that's her choice. 

So if any of you have questions about these matters, please just send her a private message. 

Thank you Lisa, tho I am regretting opening my mouth now, just I was so happy at the news. Well lesson learnt, don't be happy on this forum.