Author Topic: Obama Adviser Samantha Power Wanted to Invade Israel  (Read 2538 times)

Offline Maimonides

• Pro JTFer
  • The Greatest Jewish Sage
Obama Adviser Samantha Power Wanted to Invade Israel
« on: March 05, 2008, 03:07:22 PM »
http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=29126&only&rss

Samantha Power is the author of a Pulitzer Prize-winning book on genocide, and she has a professorship at Harvard (in something called "Global Leadership and Public Policy"). She is also a senior foreign policy adviser to Barack Obama. This isn't an honorific: she has worked for Obama in Washington, she has campaigned for him around the country, and she doesn't hesitate to speak for him. This morning, the Washington Post has a piece on Obama's foreign policy team, identifying her (and retired Maj. Gen. Scott Garion) as "closest to Obama, part of a group-within-the-group that he regularly turns to for advice." Power and Garion "retain unlimited access to Obama." This morning's New York Times announces that Power has an "irresistable profile" and "she could very well end up in [Obama's] cabinet."

She also has a problem: a corpus of critical statements about Israel. These have been parsed by Noah Pollak at Commentary's blog Contentions, by Ed Lasky and Richard Baehr at American Thinker, and by Paul Mirengoff at Power Line.

Power made her most problematic statement in 2002, in an interview she gave at Berkeley. The interviewer asked her this question:

Let me give you a thought experiment here, and it is the following: without addressing the Palestine-Israel problem, let’s say you were an advisor to the President of the United States, how would you respond to current events there? Would you advise him to put a structure in place to monitor that situation, at least if one party or another [starts] looking like they might be moving toward genocide?

Power gave an astonishing answer:

What we don’t need is some kind of early warning mechanism there, what we need is a willingness to put something on the line in helping the situation. Putting something on the line might mean alienating a domestic constituency of tremendous political and financial import; it may more crucially mean sacrificing—or investing, I think, more than sacrificing—billions of dollars, not in servicing Israel’s military, but actually investing in the new state of Palestine, in investing the billions of dollars it would probably take, also, to support what will have to be a mammoth protection force, not of the old Rwanda kind, but a meaningful military presence. Because it seems to me at this stage (and this is true of actual genocides as well, and not just major human rights abuses, which were seen there), you have to go in as if you’re serious, you have to put something on the line.

Unfortunately, imposition of a solution on unwilling parties is dreadful. It’s a terrible thing to do, it’s fundamentally undemocratic. But, sadly, we don’t just have a democracy here either, we have a liberal democracy. There are certain sets of principles that guide our policy, or that are meant to, anyway. It’s essential that some set of principles becomes the benchmark, rather than a deference to [leaders] who are fundamentally politically destined to destroy the lives of their own people. And by that I mean what Tom Friedman has called “Sharafat” [Sharon-Arafat]. I do think in that sense, both political leaders have been dreadfully irresponsible. And, unfortunately, it does require external intervention.... Any intervention is going to come under fierce criticism. But we have to think about lesser evils, especially when the human stakes are becoming ever more pronounced.

It isn't too difficult to see all the red flags in this answer. Having placed Israel's leader on par with Yasser Arafat, she called for massive military intervention on behalf of the Palestinians, to impose a solution in defiance of Israel and its American supporters. Billions of dollars would be shifted from Israel's security to the upkeep of a "mammoth protection force" and a Palestinian state—all in the name of our "principles."..

This shows that while John McCain is not our ideal candidate it is him or this.
Next time we have to do better in getting a real conservative candidate to run and win the GOP nomination.
“You must accept the truth from whatever source it comes”- Maimonides

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Re: Obama Adviser Samantha Power Wanted to Invade Israel
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 03:14:42 PM »
Chaim needs to be aware of this.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 03:28:58 PM »
This is the  prostitute       
Shot at 2008-03-05

Shot at 2008-03-05
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 03:55:29 PM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 03:57:02 PM »
"Old lesbians never die...they just keep munching carpets!"

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 03:59:22 PM »
"Old lesbians never die...they just keep munching carpets!"
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 05:38:48 AM »
This is the  prostitute       
Shot at 2008-03-05

Shot at 2008-03-05

How is it you can tell by just looking at people like her, that they are liberal, pot smoking degenerates?  You could look at her for one second and know where she stands on every issue.  Her face looks weathered and corrupted.

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 05:52:55 AM »
(Mc)Cain; do you noticed he sounds like this first murderer from Genesis??? Hitlery Sodomia Clinton and Barak Hussein Osama are all members of CFR; and she only spoke openly what NWO order plans to Israel. We lost our last chance after Hackubee left the race.
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008, 10:35:10 AM »
I remember seeing her do an interview on a news network a couple months ago.  I had never heard of her prior to that interview so I meant to post about her on this forum and ask if anyone knew anything about her.

Great find.

Offline Song of Silence

• New JTFer
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2008, 11:03:17 AM »
This is the  prostitute       
Shot at 2008-03-05

Shot at 2008-03-05

How is it you can tell by just looking at people like her, that they are liberal, pot smoking degenerates?  You could look at her for one second and know where she stands on every issue.  Her face looks weathered and corrupted.

Wow! :D :P O0 She looks darn cute!

Offline ASHISH

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2008, 02:59:38 PM »
This is the  prostitute       
Shot at 2008-03-05

Shot at 2008-03-05

Wow! :D :P O0 She looks darn cute!

I hope this is a sarcasm  :o

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2008, 11:38:09 PM »
she is ugly and looks like an fool
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2008, 01:55:32 AM »
She belongs cleaning the feet of gay men when they leave the bathouse. This smelly whore is just one of the many viscous nazi obama advisors.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline ASHISH

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2008, 11:20:48 AM »
Samantha power calls clinton a monster here is the quote

"We f***** up in Ohio," she admitted. "In Ohio, they are obsessed and Hillary is going to town on it, because she knows Ohio's the only place they can win.

"She is a monster, too – that is off the record – she is stooping to anything," Ms Power said, hastily trying to withdraw her remark.

"Interestingly, the people in her innermost circle seem to not mind her; I think they really love her."

But she added: "There is this middle circle – they are really on the warpath. But the truth is she has proved herself really willing to stoop."

In recent TV appearances Mrs Clinton had looked desperate and on the back foot.

Ms Power agreed, and said: "Here, it looks like desperation. I hope it looks like desperation there too.

"You just look at her and think: ergh. But if you are poor and she is telling you some story about how Obama is going to take your job away, maybe it will be more effective. The amount of deceit she has put forward is really unattractive."

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2008, 11:43:50 AM »
Yesterday she opened her mouth and called Hillary names.

Offline dhimmi_pride

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2008, 11:44:05 AM »
She has just resigned over the hillary comment....NOT over wanting the US to invade to help the PLO! Disgusting that her comments over hillary got more attention then her comments on Israel.