Author Topic: Pastor Hagee visits reform place  (Read 955 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Pastor Hagee visits reform place
« on: March 13, 2008, 06:53:23 AM »
http://www.forward.com/blogs/bintel-blog/12906/   

Pastor Hagee Goes to Shul, Says Jesus Was a ‘Reform Rabbi’
Posted by Daniel Treiman, March 12, 2008, 9:18 pm
Pastor John Hagee, the pro-Israel evangelical leader whose endorsement of John McCain recently became a contentious sideshow in the presidential race, dropped by a Los Angeles Reform synagogue for a public chat with a local rabbi. L.A. Jewish Journal “Calendar Girl” Danielle Berrin was at the Stephen S. Wise Temple’s “Forum on Critical Values” for the dialogue between Christians United for Israel founder John Hagee and Rabbi David Woznica.

Berrin reports that despite the controversy surrounding Pastor Hagee:

The packed synagogue of mostly Reform Jews loved him anyway. Especially when he said Jerusalem should belong to Jews and only Jews, undivided. But when asked, he said he wouldn’t cause a public stir if for their safety, the Jews decided to divide Jerusalem anyway.

Overall, Berrin described the event as “boring,” but she was kind enough to offer up some highlights from Pastor Hagee’s remarks at the synagogue:

“I’d rather talk to G-d for 30 seconds than to George [W.] Bush all night.”

“Granting forgiveness without demanding a change in conduct is to make the grace of G-d an accomplice to evil.”

“Jesus, who was a reform rabbi…”

On Jews bringing the bible to the world: “We, as Christians have a bible mandate to help you. If we have benefited from Jewish spiritual things, than we have an obligation to help Jews with material things.”

On he and his rabbi friend: “When we’re standing in the streets of Jerusalem together and the Messiah comes, one of us has a great theological adjustment to make.”

On the Crusaders: “They were thieves, liars, robbers and rapists.”

Interestingly, in the video that has been offered as evidence of his anti-Catholicism, Hagee also firmly condemns the Crusades for their violence against Jews.

I wonder how the crowd at the Reform synagogue reacted to his suggestion that Jesus was a “reform” (uppercase?) rabbi. (And I always thought Christian Zionists got along best with Orthodox Jews!)

Go to the link video.... i think Jesus would be insulted compared to a Reform
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 06:55:56 AM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

newman

Re: Pastor Hagee visits reform place
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 02:43:21 AM »
 “When we’re standing in the streets of Jerusalem together and the Messiah comes, one of us has a great theological adjustment to make.”

Missionaries take note.

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 03:56:45 AM »
Hague has a strange theology.  ;D

But the progressive and reformed Judaism is heavily influenced by Christianity. Sometimes I am not able to say if a reformed Rabbi is preaching or a leftist protestant.

Here is one reformed Rabbi from Germany. His name is Homolka. He was the CEO of Greenpeace for two years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Homolka

It is a totally different theology if you compare his preaching with the preaching of Rabbi Kahane or Rabbi Mizrachi.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 04:50:02 AM »
So Hagee support Jihad now? ::) He forgot that if not those "thieves, liars, robbers and rapists" we all woud be living as dhimis or be dead or muslime now. Jesus was rabbi but one combining Essene and Pharisee teachings while modern "reform" movement looks like  cross between Sadducees and hellenists.
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 04:58:01 AM »
So Hagee support Jihad now? ::) He forgot that if not those "thieves, liars, robbers and rapists" we all woud be living as dhimis or be dead or muslime now. Jesus was rabbi but one combining Essene and Pharisee teachings while modern "reform" movement looks like  cross between Sadducees and hellenists.

How do you come to the point with the Essenes?
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 05:39:54 AM »
The Crusaders were indeed all the things Hagee described. But Yeshu was not a rabbi he was a sorcerer and a kopher who had zero standing outside his small cult
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban