Author Topic: I'm confused  (Read 2742 times)

Offline chocolatecookie

• New JTFer
I'm confused
« on: March 16, 2008, 12:29:50 PM »
Shalom

One thing I am confused about; why the left love to stand by/stick up for Islam and terrorist organisations such as Hezbola and Humas, when these very organisations, if they were in charge, would systematically murder every last one of them. It confuses me more when I see so-called 'feminists' stand up for Palestinians; the same ones who routinely subjugate and murder women, and murder anyone in their family who either leaves Islam - or God forbid, comes out of the closet.

When you have fascism by the Arab world on one side, and a democracy on the other - can someone explain to me why these do-gooders don't support democracy?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: I'm confused
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 12:53:37 PM »
A while back I was on an atheist-dominated forum, and they openly bashed Christians but you weren't allowed to say anything bad about Muslims. I asked them why since Christians aren't doing near the amount of horrible things that Muslims are doing today, and they never really had any good answers. As atheists I would think they would hold either equal apathy, or equal disdain for all religions.

I've also wondered why leftists like to cuddle up to the Muzzies. It's not exactly like Muslims are pro-gay marriage, or pro-abortion, or pro-feminist, or pro-minority rights (except when they're the minority).

I think it has to do with the fact that all these different ideas are equally destructive, and are being used to destroy the West. Muslims are cancerous and will lead to the downfall of Western civilization if they get out of control, and so will radical gay rights groups, etc. All these are being encouraged by leftists because leftists hate civilization and elites among them see the vast numbers of human population as nothing more than pawns to control, and a third world population is much easier to control than a first world one, even though the first worlders are pretty well brainwashed for the most part.

Offline chocolatecookie

• New JTFer
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 01:08:11 PM »
A while back I was on an atheist-dominated forum, and they openly bashed Christians but you weren't allowed to say anything bad about Muslims. I asked them why since Christians aren't doing near the amount of horrible things that Muslims are doing today, and they never really had any good answers. As atheists I would think they would hold either equal apathy, or equal disdain for all religions.

True; for me, I'm converting to Judaism (I'm an ex-Catholic - its a long story :P ), and its interesting. When I left Catholicism when was 16 I looked through all Islam and Judaism. The more I read about Islam, the more horrified I became. Those who say Islam is a religion of peace obviously haven't done their homework.

I've also wondered why leftists like to cuddle up to the Muzzies. It's not exactly like Muslims are pro-gay marriage, or pro-abortion, or pro-feminist, or pro-minority rights (except when they're the minority).

Years ago, the left used to be anti-Religious with a zeal, and that anti-religious used to slice in all directions; now it seems that Islam is the new sacred cow, the sympathy case that needs protection from the 'big bad world of scrutiny and accountability'.

I think it has to do with the fact that all these different ideas are equally destructive, and are being used to destroy the West. Muslims are cancerous and will lead to the downfall of Western civilization if they get out of control, and so will radical gay rights groups, etc. All these are being encouraged by leftists because leftists hate civilization and elites among them see the vast numbers of human population as nothing more than pawns to control, and a third world population is much easier to control than a first world one, even though the first worlders are pretty well brainwashed for the most part.

I think the irony of the thing; most of the gays I know in New Zealand are either centre right or right - I mean, I'm part of a libertarian/right wing party - because I object to seeing my money going to fund everyone else's lifestyle choices under the guise of 'helping families' (what happened to 'you breed em, you feed em'?).

Its also funny when you hear the gay rights. Sure, I want civil unions so I can have my relationship recognised (and almost every gay wants that), but when it comes to same sex adoption, and so forth, anything beyond civil unions, the interest in it registers below the 5% interest. Even the 'gay political groups' admit that once the same sex civil unions was passed, pretty much all the political steam evaporated out of the gay rights movement in New Zealand. But of course, we have left wing nuts out there who want to re-create the whole of society in their 'vision' - some sort of 'brave new world' vision of society.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 01:32:03 PM »
True; for me, I'm converting to Judaism (I'm an ex-Catholic - its a long story :P ), and its interesting. When I left Catholicism when was 16 I looked through all Islam and Judaism. The more I read about Islam, the more horrified I became. Those who say Islam is a religion of peace obviously haven't done their homework.

Most rabbis would discourage you from wanting to convert to Judaism, and I'm not sure if the rabbis you may have spoken to have tried to do that or not, but they're supposed to.

From my own, non-denominational Christian perspective, I don't see why people want to convert to Judaism, but I won't bash those who do. You'll be obligated to follow over 600 rules and I don't know if anyone can do that every single day of their life without slipping up. Maybe some people can. Even though technically you're supposed to be considered as a full Jew by other Jews once you convert, some people will always see you differently than one who was born into the culture/religion. I've heard stories like that many times.

I think you should also think about how you would be accepted as a gay person in a Jewish community. Have you read what the Bible says about that? I don't honestly see how you could reconcile the two ideas unless you were completely celibate, and I'm not even sure about that one.

Years ago, the left used to be anti-Religious with a zeal, and that anti-religious used to slice in all directions; now it seems that Islam is the new sacred cow, the sympathy case that needs protection from the 'big bad world of scrutiny and accountability'.

I think they're just using Islam as a tool to harm the West with.

I think the irony of the thing; most of the gays I know in New Zealand are either centre right or right - I mean, I'm part of a libertarian/right wing party - because I object to seeing my money going to fund everyone else's lifestyle choices under the guise of 'helping families' (what happened to 'you breed em, you feed em'?).

Try telling that to the illegal immigrants and blacks here in America. lol

Its also funny when you hear the gay rights. Sure, I want civil unions so I can have my relationship recognised (and almost every gay wants that), but when it comes to same sex adoption, and so forth, anything beyond civil unions, the interest in it registers below the 5% interest. Even the 'gay political groups' admit that once the same sex civil unions was passed, pretty much all the political steam evaporated out of the gay rights movement in New Zealand. But of course, we have left wing nuts out there who want to re-create the whole of society in their 'vision' - some sort of 'brave new world' vision of society.

What do you think of the flamboyant, in-your-face style of the gay pride parades? The gay rights activists here aren't just asking for economic benefits, etc. They're actually trying to force everyday Americans to accept the most flamboyant among them as "normal."

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2008, 01:35:41 PM »
Shalom

One thing I am confused about; why the left love to stand by/stick up for Islam and terrorist organisations such as Hezbola and Humas, when these very organisations, if they were in charge, would systematically murder every last one of them. It confuses me more when I see so-called 'feminists' stand up for PLO/Hamas Arab Muslim Nazis; the same ones who routinely subjugate and murder women, and murder anyone in their family who either leaves Islam - or G-d forbid, comes out of the closet.

When you have fascism by the Arab world on one side, and a democracy on the other - can someone explain to me why these do-gooders don't support democracy?

It's because Evil makes people blind.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2008, 01:37:08 PM »
Chocolatecookie did not say that he or she is gay. 

And Rubystars, this is not the place to question why people would want to convert to Judaism. 

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2008, 01:37:16 PM »
chocolatecookie

I wish you the best of luck converting to Judaism if it is your calling..Just realize, it is a full transformation of your soul and it's not like changing underwear...your goal is to change your soul.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline chocolatecookie

• New JTFer
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2008, 01:45:57 PM »

Most rabbis would discourage you from wanting to convert to Judaism, and I'm not sure if the rabbis you may have spoken to have tried to do that or not, but they're supposed to.

Some Rabbi's would debate that issue; a good number are quite happy to 'convert' people to Judaism; even my local one I've chatted to briefly, after giving my background was more than happy to.

From my own, non-denominational Christian perspective, I don't see why people want to convert to Judaism, but I won't bash those who do. You'll be obligated to follow over 600 rules and I don't know if anyone can do that every single day of their life without slipping up. Maybe some people can. Even though technically you're supposed to be considered as a full Jew by other Jews once you convert, some people will always see you differently than one who was born into the culture/religion. I've heard stories like that many times.

The crux of the matter, I don't believe Jesus is the Massiah let alone the son of G-d plus may of the other basic tenants of Christianity. I can assure you after 10 years of studying the matter, I'm definitely sure I'm on the right path for me :)

I think you should also think about how you would be accepted as a gay person in a Jewish community. Have you read what the Bible says about that? I don't honestly see how you could reconcile the two ideas unless you were completely celibate, and I'm not even sure about that one.

Depends which branch of Judaism you go into. Then again, for me, I'm not a very sexual person anyway, so its a non-issue.

I think they're just using Islam as a tool to harm the West with.

True, with the left wing 'West as at the root of evil' tirades they go on about.

Try telling that to the illegal immigrants and blacks here in America. lol

True; its funny, I don't see a single Asian person in New Zealand supporting left wing parties. If every immigrant had the Asian work ethic, I'd be a happy lad.

What do you think of the flamboyant, in-your-face style of the gay pride parades? The gay rights activists here aren't just asking for economic benefits, etc. They're actually trying to force everyday Americans to accept the most flamboyant among them as "normal."

Here is the interesting thing; in New Zealand we used to have the hero parade; there are some exhibitionists within the gay community who want it back; but its been a decade without a parade, and the community is better off without it. Now there is a 'big gay out' where families get together, have picnics and so forth. A get together rather than a parade - very family oriented, so its a step in the right direction.

I do love what guy said about the 'pride marches' when asked about whether he would go, "oh, thats far too gay!". It seems that my generation (I'm 26) aren't interested in the anti-establishment BS you see the loud mouths in the gay community want. Most guys I come across (along with ladies) want to find that special someone, settle down, and be like any other couple - and basically fly below the radar. Its just annoying that there seems to be still people who want to have their sexuality on parade like its some sort of achievement.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 01:47:53 PM by chocolatecookie »

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2008, 01:52:41 PM »
Chocolatecookie did not say that he or she is gay. 

And Rubystars, this is not the place to question why people would want to convert to Judaism. 

Sorry Lisa. I just want people to make the best decision whatever that may be.

Offline chocolatecookie

• New JTFer
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2008, 01:52:53 PM »
chocolatecookie

I wish you the best of luck converting to Judaism if it is your calling..Just realize, it is a full transformation of your soul and it's not like changing underwear...your goal is to change your soul.

Well, thats one of the things; the more I read, the more my soul became oriented in the direction of Judaism; when reading I had the feeling that "this is the way it should be, this is for me" - kind of like being in a place and feeling safe and secure.

Regardng Lisa; yes, I am gay (and a male). I'm single, very picky, and a bit of a prude when it comes to sex (aka no one night stands, or sex on the first date etc.) - I'm sure with some faith there will be that special someone out there, its just a matter of waiting and being patient.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2008, 01:55:30 PM »
chocolatecookie

Well, thats one of the things; the more I read, the more my soul became oriented in the direction of Judaism; when reading I had the feeling that "this is the way it should be, this is for me" - kind of like being in a place and feeling safe and secure.

Regardng Lisa; yes, I am gay (and a male). I'm single, very picky, and a bit of a prude when it comes to sex (aka no one night stands, or sex on the first date etc.) - I'm sure with some faith there will be that special someone out there, its just a matter of waiting and being patient.

by gay you mean homosexual, right? boy do i have a lot of questions for you!

Offline chocolatecookie

• New JTFer
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2008, 01:57:07 PM »
chocolatecookie

Yeap....fire away :)

If you're wondering I'll be going into Reformed Judaism (although I'll be alot more observant that your average Reformed Jew).

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2008, 02:00:15 PM »
Chocolatecookie, I wish you luck.  Now just so you know, many people here would not consider a Reform conversion valid.  But I say you should go with whatever works for you.  Who knows?  Maybe the more you learn, the more observant you will become.   

Offline chocolatecookie

• New JTFer
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2008, 02:08:40 PM »
Chocolatecookie, I wish you luck.  Now just so you know, many people here would not consider a Reform conversion valid.  But I say you should go with whatever works for you.  Who knows?  Maybe the more you learn, the more observant you will become.

True, very true. For me, although Judaism is a community religion, whether or not someone considers my conversion valid is neither here nor there in the grand scheme of things; only God can see into my heart/soul. I'll leave it up to him to make those sorts of judgements.

For me, in terms of following rules; being an ex-Catholic, it shouldn't be too much difficulty (if anyone here ever remembers the mountain of prayers one has to learn, the fasting over lent, the roseries etc. etc.) - so in terms of the rules, it shouldn't be too difficult (and when I mean 'too difficult' I mean, it isn't as though its impossible).

Hmm, as for the 613 rules, yes, we make mistakes, but I think it is flawed logic to think that God is sitting up there just waiting for us to make a mistake just so he can smite us.

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2008, 03:43:40 PM »
chocolatecookie

If you're wondering I'll be going into Reformed Judaism (although I'll be alot more observant that your average Reformed Jew).

Reformed Judaism is not Judaism and their conversion are not real conversions. They are charades. You are wasting your time and money with them.
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2008, 03:46:55 PM »
chocolatecookie

Reformed Judaism is not Judaism and their conversion are not real conversions. They are charades. You are wasting your time and money with them.

What should he do then?

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2008, 05:30:37 PM »
chocolatecookie

What should he do then?

He should quit homosexuality and follow The Noahide Laws. If he can't even do that, how is he going to be a Jew?

Right!
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2008, 06:30:35 PM »
chocolatecookie

Oh, chocolatecookie....:(  I can't say that I approve.

Let first start by stating, you are what you are, but, sleeping with the same sex is an inappropriate thing to do.  With that being thrown out there, I do wonder how you have become to feel the way do about the same sex and how you feel about the opposite sex.

As far as the movements of Judaism...If you are converting properly, you should follow Torah Judaism to its fullest the best way that you can.  That means no shortcuts, avoiding breakign rules, being really scrupulous with what you do.  It's not something that can be done over night and will take a lifetime to do...so do what you have to do.