Author Topic: Silver Half Dollars  (Read 1423 times)

admin

Silver Half Dollars
« on: March 14, 2008, 12:32:22 PM »
Today I went to the bank and requested half dollars to give Mechatzit HaShekel on synagogue on Purim. They said they had 50 dollars worth of them. So I got 5 dollars worth of them. They were old and they said someone just brought them in to trade. Some of them are from The 1940's and have Walking Liberty on the front instead of Kennedy. And there were a couple from 1964 that were real silver with Kennedy and one from 1965 with mostly silver. So I went to another bank to get ones I could actually give for tzedakah because these ones are worth more than 50 cents each. The ones between Liberty and Kennedy have Benjamin Franklin on them but there weren't any with him on them. :(

I also tried to spend one to buy Hanukkah gelt to eat on Purim to represent the tzedekah on Purim and they said they wouldn't take my silver and that I should save it and they just gave me the Hanukkah gelt for free!

They stopped backing up American money on silver and gold. Those silver half dollars are worth the same then as they are now. It's just that the dollar is worth less so each of those half dollars are worth much more than 50 cents.

So I'm going to save one of each kind and sell the rest for profit!

« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 12:38:07 PM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Silver Half Dollars
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 12:53:01 PM »
Re:  "...So I'm going to save one of each kind and sell the rest for profit! ..."

Save your Confederate money!

The South shall rise again!