Author Topic: Was Mercaz HaRav mass murderer an employee of the yeshiva?  (Read 1986 times)

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
This blog post I found implies that the Arab Nazi SS butcher who slaughtered ten precious yeshiva students in Jerusalem this month was a BUS DRIVER for the school!  >:( :o My first reaction was, WTF!?!

Can somebody confirm whether or not this is true, and if so, what the hell the administration at a supposedly rightist and nationalistic yeshiva were doing hiring an Arab beast--especially considering how many tens of thousands of unemployed/underemployed Sfaradim live in East Jerusalem? I knew I read reports saying he (the killer) had an ID card.

If true, I really hope the victims' families sue the pants off of the administration of this "yeshiva". (I actually hope they face a fate quite a bit worse than a lawsuit, but my hopes are realistic.)
 >:( >:( >:(

Chaimfan

PS: Are you all sick of the media calling Mercaz HaRav a "seminary"? Is a simple Jewish word like yeshiva really so foreign to them?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arab Perpetrator of Massacre May Have Worked For Yeshiva

http://moderndayexodus.com/?p=190
Quote from: SteveB
Israel Fears Third Intifada As It Buries Latest Victims Of Terror

Mar7 2008
by SteveB | 63 views |

Among the thousands of mourners who gathered outside the Mercaz Harav seminary yesterday to mourn the victims of Jerusalem’s first terror attack in four years, Iman Muniyeh, an Arab resident of East Jerusalem, caught the attention of the police. The 22-year-old had not intended to take part in the funeral procession, in which the bodies of eight students shot in the seminary library were removed from the building and transported to various cemeteries around the country.

He was merely taking a walk, on a break from a nearby construction site, when he spotted a slip of paper on the ground —- he bent to pick it up and, before he was upright, two plainclothes police officers were moving in to question him.

The two were part of a huge police deployment throughout the city as the country braced itself for what local residents are already calling the “third intifada”. The Israeli Defence Forces sealed off the West Bank and Israeli police declared a “general state of alert”, as thousands attended funerals for the victims, aged 15 to 26.

“We aren’t taking any chances, we are securing the city to ensure that all the citizens, Arab and Jew alike, feel our presence,” said one officer. They would not comment on why they had stopped Mr Muniyeh. He may have been stooping to pick up a stone, they suggested, or to pull out a firearm. He looked Arab, they concluded.

Jerusalem was a frequent target of attacks at the height of the Palestinian-Israeli fighting during 2001-04. In addition to bus bombings and shootings, stones were often hurled at cars with Israeli licence plates that travelled into East Jerusalem.

“There was constant tension then. Today I felt it again, a feeling of dread I hoped I would not experience again,” said Avitai Ariel Yithaki, a Jerusalem resident who attended the funeral procession. “You would see someone who looked like they might be Arab and you would walk in the other direction. Today I found myself doing that again, for the first time in years.”

Sporadic stonings were once again reported, as Jewish-Arab tensions flared after Thursday’s attack. Police have named the gunman as Ala Hashem Abu Dhaim, 25, a resident of the east Jerusalem district of Jabel Mukaber.

He was shot and killed by Yitzhak Dadon, an off-duty army officer, who occasionally studied at the seminary. “He came out of the library spraying automatic fire … the terrorist came to the entrance and I shot him twice in the head,” said Mr Dadon, who, like many Israeli men, carries a weapon at all times. Police arrested more than a dozen associates of Abu Dhaim, included his fiancée. The mourning tent at the Abu Dhaim home was almost vacant, despite the scores of young men who gathered on the sidewalks, underneath a ring of Hamas, Fatah and Hezbollah flags.

“Those closest to him are all being detained, so they cannot mourn his death,” said Muhammad, who said that he was a cousin of the gunner. Abu Dhaim’s parents, who were released by police by midday, remained in the upper levels of their home, refusing to talk to the press.

The Palestinian Islamist movement Hamas, claimed responsibility yesterday for the shooting. “The Hamas movement announces its full responsibility for the Jerusalem operation,” a Hamas official said. But senior Hamas officials said that they could not confirm or deny responsibility for the attack, leading many to speculate over movement’s connection to the gunman.

Hours after the attack a Hezbollah television station in Beirut claimed that those responsible were members of a previously unknown group called Phalange of Free Men of Galilee —- Groups of the Martyr Imad Mughnieh and Martyrs of Gaza, avenging the death of the top Hezbollah commander killed in a Damascus last month.

“He probably did it because he was so angry over the Palestinian plight, with all the deaths in Gaza. We are all feeling the pain, the anger,” Muhammad said. Four days ago Israel ended an offensive in the Gaza Strip that killed more than 120 Palestinians, roughly half of them civilians. Israeli air strikes continued to hit the area, however, killing four Islamic Jihad men at about the same time as the gunman was opening fire at the seminary.

Abu Dhaim had no known political associations. He owned a small mini-van and is thought to have worked as a driver for the students. Analysts said that the attack was particularly well planned, suggesting that the gunman was familiar with the seminary.

Many students said that when they heard the gunfire they thought initially that it was the firecrackers, often used for the festive holiday. The seminary’s library was crowded for a nighttime study session when the gunman opened fire.

In his eulogy to the eight students, Mercaz Harav’s head rabbi said that the gunman had targeted “everyone living in the holy city of Jerusalem”. Responding to criticism that there was no security at the entrance to the seminary, he said that he had “never imagined” that the building could be the target of an attack.

The shooting could further complicate US-backed peace talks between Ehud Olmert, the Israeli Prime Minister, and Mahmoud Abbas, the Palestinian President. Hamas’s claim may also undermine talks undertaken by Egypt and encouraged by Washington to foster a truce. Israel said that negotiations with Mr Abbas would continue but demanded that he do more to rein in militants. Abu Dhaim, however, lived in Jerusalem, under full Israeli control.