Author Topic: Jews who eat pork.  (Read 20055 times)

Offline IslamIsCancer

• Master JTFer
  • My name is Stalinashvili.
Jews who eat pork.
« on: April 01, 2008, 01:23:09 PM »
I have one Jewish friend who is from Ukraine and she went to Israel last year to make an aliyah yet she eats pork and drinks alcohol.
She believes in god and all the stuff in Torah but she had a boyfriend for four years until they broke up, she is anti-muslim but of course not as much as JTFers or me. Would you consider her a Jew or shamelessly disown her just because she doesn't live by the book?
BTW she's a wonderful person one of the nicest Jews I met in my life.

Free Javakh!!!
I defecate on Stalin's grave.

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Jews who eat pork.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 01:48:06 PM »
Please ask her to join JTF  O0
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 02:39:52 PM »
"BTW she's a wonderful person"

Nothing personal on her, but that is a contradictary statement. If one knowingly goes agains't what G-d said, then they are not a good person, it just cannot be. For example lets say you have a person who smiles and does good deeds to all the people around him, but his wife he treats like garbage, even though she cooks, cleans and takes care of him. She doesn't do anything wrong against him, and is faithful providing whatever he needs, but he just acts like that to his wife, now tell me is that a good person, just because they put a show or are really nice to other people, but are not to those who matter the most and who give him the most? (How much more soo with G-d who provides each individual with everything, every second the heart pumps blood, every second you have air avilable while your alive, etc.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 02:49:23 PM »

Nothing personal on her, but that is a contradictary statement. If one knowingly goes agains't what G-d said, then they are not a good person, it just cannot be. For example lets say you have a person who smiles and does good deeds to all the people around him, but his wife he treats like garbage, even though she cooks, cleans and takes care of him. She doesn't do anything wrong against him, and is faithful providing whatever he needs, but he just acts like that to his wife, now tell me is that a good person, just because they put a show or are really nice to other people, but are not to those who matter the most and who give him the most? (How much more soo with G-d who provides each individual with everything, every second the heart pumps blood, every second you have air avilable while your alive, etc.

Tzvi,

the best would be, when she would join the forum.  ;)

"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 02:59:24 PM »
DISOWN HER WHO AM I TO DISOWN HER I'M FAR FROM PERFECT ,BUT LIKE GOLDEN PHEASANT SAID SHE SHOULD JOIN JTF
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Еврей

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 03:04:27 PM »
She is absolutely a Jew.
Just because she doesn't follow everything 100% doesn't mean she is not Jewish.
You said she believes in G-d and everything in the Torah :)
So she's a little rough around the edges... still Jewish in my book! haha...
"My name is Daniel Pearl. I am a Jewish American"
"My family follows Judaism. We've made numerous family visits to Israel."
~Daniel Pearl

"We are a small nation, but strong."
~Moshe Dayan

"First of all, Arafat is wrong. Jerusalem is Israel's capital, will never be divided, and will remain the capital of the State of Israel, the capital of the Jewish people, for ever and ever. "
~Benjamin Netanyahu

ביחד נשרוד, לחוד ניפול
Together we survive, apart we fall
~Subliminal

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 03:06:33 PM »

Tzvi,

Maybe, but their are unfortunatly people (Jews) here who still eat pork. The best would be for her and everyone else listining to Rav Mizrach for example or learning from other great speakers and works (books). Let her visit ww.Torahanytime.com or for example www.Israel613.com  and learn about each subject, and wake oneself up from this deep spiritual slumber that many (each) is in on their own level.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2008, 03:14:10 PM »
   Anyway about non-Kosher food, my Rabbi said on Shabb-t (from the Chafitz Chaim) a story from the Chafitz Chaim- a Jew was takin into the nations army (non-Jewish nation in Europe, probably Russia), and he had a choice of either being in a unit where he would be able to keep Shabb-t, but not Koshrut, or in a unit where he could get kosher foods (vegetables for example), and be the cook, but have to work on the Shabb-t. He asked the Chafitz Chaim which unit to join, the Chafitz Chaim said the one which breaks Shabb-t, but keeps Koshrut, because by eating non-Kosher he would also eventually break Shabb-t and many of the other laws.
  It is very important of what a person eats, not just for health reasons which in this case is wayy secondary, but about the way a persons mind and soul will work. Eating non-Kosher makes one become a Rasha by then being attracted to and doing other crimes. That is also (like my Rav said), why on Pessah it says to punch the teeth of the Rasha (from the 4 sons), why the teeth? Because it was threw that that he ate forbidden foods, which lead him to being a Rasha.

Offline IslamIsCancer

• Master JTFer
  • My name is Stalinashvili.
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 03:25:18 PM »
I am working on it now I hope she joins but I cant promise she is very obstinate sometimes.
Free Javakh!!!
I defecate on Stalin's grave.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2008, 03:32:20 PM »

Tzvi,

Maybe, but their are unfortunatly people (Jews) here who still eat pork. The best would be for her and everyone else listining to Rav Mizrach for example or learning from other great speakers and works (books). Let her visit ww.Torahanytime.com or for example www.Israel613.com  and learn about each subject, and wake oneself up from this deep spiritual slumber that many (each) is in on their own level.

You know I like Rabbi Mizrachi, althrough I have to disagree with him on a special point. ;

But you Jews here will get her back for shure, if she would listening to him or if she would ask our good Chaim.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2008, 03:34:31 PM »
 "althrough I have to disagree with him on a special point. ; "

I dont understand, explain here or PM.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2008, 03:35:20 PM »
Why cant Jews eat pork but Christians and Catholics can ?

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2008, 03:40:49 PM »
Isn't the phrase "Jews who eat pork" kind of like the phrase "moderate muslims"?
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2008, 04:10:21 PM »
But if you look at it this way pigs roll around in there fecal matter but Chickens eat theres

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2008, 04:30:52 PM »
I ate pork for a long time (not recently), my fathers family also snuck it. What was irritating is that my cousins told me their parents wouldn't let them eat pork but they caught their parents sneaking shrimp or bacon all the time. My cousins also ate shrimp and bacon.

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2008, 10:13:16 PM »
I have one Jewish friend who is from Ukraine and she went to Israel last year to make an aliyah yet she eats pork and drinks alcohol.
She believes in G-d and all the stuff in Torah but she had a boyfriend for four years until they broke up, she is anti-muslim but of course not as much as JTFers or me. Would you consider her a Jew or shamelessly disown her just because she doesn't live by the book?

Jews can drink alcohol  ;D

Depends on what type of Jewess she is.

She sounds like she has a lot of brains, and only people that disown other Jews are not true themselves. 

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2008, 11:33:40 PM »
She believes in G-d and all the stuff in Torah but she had a boyfriend for four years until they broke up, she is anti-muslim but of course not as much as JTFers or me. Would you consider her a Jew or shamelessly disown her just because she doesn't live by the book?

There is always time to better oneself and do teshuva, and I am in no place to judge any Jew.  The only Jew I would ever judge is a traitorous one (like a Shimon Peres).  I think that's justified.  BTW Jews are not forbidden to drink alcohol.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2008, 11:38:05 PM »
sorry a little off topic but has Ariel sharon died yet because you don't hear that much about him

Offline Khazan

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2008, 11:42:36 PM »

Oh please...enough with all this idealism.  I find it ironic that the holy torah forbids eating probably one of the most tasty of meats, bacon. 

I've been to Israel, and if some Jew eating bacon pisses you off, then you'll probably want to stay away from Jerusalem on a Saturday night, at least the bar scene.  There was one bar that had a projection screen showing various images of hot naked Israeli ladies.  I wasn't in that bar, I saw it from the outside, for any young Chassidic Herschel to see.  Being in a bar is a whole other story...this orthodox lady on the trip was making out with some dude in the bar, and one other girl took a lucky lad back to the hotel.  As for me, I wasn't innocent either, I probably dirty danced with every broad in the bar. 

And you're kvetching about bacon. 

Offline ThunderAppeal

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2008, 09:52:39 AM »
Jews can drink alcohol  ;D

Actually there are certain times Jewish people are commanded to drink.

Just another reason why I am glad I am Jewish.

I dont know how those stupid chechen muslims live with themselves, they are in russia
and they are forbidden to drink.  Idiots.

Offline ThunderAppeal

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2008, 10:02:44 AM »
Many russian Jewish people or Jewish people from that region are pretty far off the derek
that they have become accustomed to the habits of the surrounding population.
There is a certain amount of self-dislike for being Jewish mostly because that region has
conditioned us.  Not because we geniunely hate ourselves.

In fact in the early part of the 20th century they had a problem feeding the population
because that bull communist revolution and the idiot known as stalin couldnt figure out
how to feed the population.

Hence many people turned to slaughtering anything they could find, many Jewish people did so too.
In Torah it is permitted to eat to survive in times of crisis.
She is no longer in that times of crisis so there is no reason to eat traif.
Before I become religiously observant I used to eat pork products, more out of ignorance
than out of taste.  It is what was feed to me.
In my teens and early 20's I did not become religiously observant but I did stop
eating pork products.  I knew as a Jewish person I was forbidden and there were plenty of other
permitted foods to eat so I saw no need to transgress that command.
I was never a fan of crab, shell fish or shrimp.

Today almost everything I eat is Kosher, I eat meat mostly only on Shabbos when I am invited to
the homes of people from my Shul. 
I generally do not eat meat because I dont feel that I need to, but on Shabbos I have no problem indulging in chulent.

She will either come around to it or someone will show her the way or with Hashems help a little of both.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2008, 12:00:23 PM »
She can drink you know as long as it is Kosher. But the Pork part you really need to talk with her about the reasons why eating Pig is forbidden in the Jewish Religion

I used to eat pork about 5 years ago and I also used to work on Shabbat until 2 years ago it is a proses that takes time and I'd ask you to be patient with here. Getting Religious doesn't happen over night. It's just like someone who converts it is a process
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 12:02:34 PM by David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh »
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2008, 12:24:03 PM »
Trivial question, in the event we are in famine or starvation, needing to survival, is it possible for a Jew to violate the kosher laws to eat say pork or non kosher for survival purposes?

What about prison?

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2008, 02:00:36 PM »
Trivial question, in the event we are in famine or starvation, needing to survival, is it possible for a Jew to violate the kosher laws to eat say pork or non kosher for survival purposes?

What about prison?

For a quick answer Yes. If it is a matter of Life or Death then yes you can break Kosher Law but only Life and Death. When it is a matter of life and death then Torah Laws don't apply. But Prision it is okay to only eat what is Kosher which won't be much I know but just ask Chaim what he did in Prision he only ate what is Kosher. In Prision you don't have to break Kosher laws unless you are dying
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2008, 02:03:09 PM »

What about prison?

For a quick answer Yes. If it is a matter of Life or Death then yes you can break Kosher Law but only Life and Death. When it is a matter of life and death then Torah Laws don't apply. But Prision it is okay to only eat what is Kosher which won't be much I know but just ask Chaim what he did in Prision he only ate what is Kosher. In Prision you don't have to break Kosher laws unless you are dying

My father was in prison for a while on gun related crimes, not sure what he did for kosher though. He got into a lot of fights though, that's for sure.