Author Topic: GANGLAND killer Carl Williams has ripped into Channel 9  (Read 852 times)

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
GANGLAND killer Carl Williams has ripped into Channel 9
« on: April 02, 2008, 03:51:27 AM »

GANGLAND killer Carl Williams has ripped into Channel 9's crime hit Underbelly, saying it is full of lies and wrongly makes him out to be an idiot.

In letters to his mother from Victoria's Barwon Prison, Williams - played by Gyton Grantley in the show - wrote that he was pleased it had been banned in the state.

Williams is serving three life sentences for organising the murders of Jason Moran, Lewis Moran and Mark Mallia. He is also serving a concurrent 25-year sentence for a failed conspiracy to murder Mario Condello.

"I don't mind them telling the truth about me, but telling lies and painting me out like some kind of d**khead who is brain dead - well that's just bulls**t," he stormed.

The outburst is among a series of shocking revelations handed to Channel 7 reporter Norm Beaman.

Williams, who is linked to the deaths of up to 12 men and is allowed no direct access to the media, also insists he killed only in self-defence.

"I am the first to admit that I wish that I could turn back time and what happened never did … although I must confess I am certainly not ashamed of the lengths I was forced to take to protect myself and my loved ones," he wrote in the letters, reported by Fairfax today.

"I killed or played a role in killing people who were planning to kill me and for that I have lost my freedom for the best part of my life. Every day soldiers have to kill the enemy, otherwise the enemy will kill them.

"I am no saint … but the people I killed were far worse people than I will ever be … I never killed or harmed any innocent people."

Williams further confirmed the underworld war started when he was shot by Jason Moran in Melbourne's north in 1999.

"Just for a moment please try putting yourself in my shoes. It was my 29th birthday. As far as I was concerned I didn't have a worry in the world. That is until I went and met someone whom I thought was a friend of mine (Mark Moran) only to end up getting shot by him and his brother … because they were money hungry, greedy control freaks who I wouldn't bow down too."

He also remains defiant, with no sympathy for his victims.

"I was in a kill or be killed situation … I will always be able to see and talk to my loved ones … and that is a lot better than the scumbags who shot me can do," he said.

"I will always be able to look in the mirror and be very proud of the person I see."

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,26278,23471337-10388,00.html

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: GANGLAND killer Carl Williams has ripped into Channel 9
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 04:09:15 AM »

Carl Williams tells of murders
Article from: Herald Sun

Elissa Hunt

April 28, 2007 12:00am

GANG WAR: CRIME boss Carl Williams stepped into the witness box yesterday to lift the lid on his role in Melbourne's deadly underworld war.
The confessed murderer police say is one of the country's worst killers has spoken for the first time about a brutal attack almost eight years ago that sent drug rivalries spinning into a series of bloody paybacks that cost 27 lives.

The Broadmeadows father of one faces a life sentence but is fighting for a minimum term and the hope of freedom one day for ordering three men murdered.

In a day of courtroom drama Williams, 36, explained the roots of his vendetta against the rival Moran clan.

Williams gave evidence in the Supreme Court that:

JASON Moran was the mystery gunman who shot him in the stomach in 1999, sparking the bitter feud between his camp and the Morans.

HE had been told by the Morans that corrupt police were protecting their illicit activities and they were dealing amphetamines with disgraced drug squad detective Wayne Strawhorn.

HIS family had been warned by the Morans it was a case of "who gets who first".

HE turned to crack cocaine, alcohol and sleeping pills at the height of the underworld war.

PRISON life was "like groundhog day" and he wished the violence had never happened.

Williams has confessed to the murder of Jason Moran, who was killed with bodyguard Pat Barbaro at a children's football clinic in June 2003, saying he left the details of the execution to those he asked to carry it out.

"In a perfect world it would be to kill him elsewhere," Williams said when asked if he knew the murder was to take place in front of children.

Justice Betty King told him a perfect world would be one in which Moran was not killed at all.

Williams has also admitted arranging the murder of gang patriarch Lewis Moran as part of his revenge on the family. He was shot dead as he drank at the Brunswick Club in 2004.

Moran widow Judy -- who lost her husband and both sons in the gangland war -- told the court Williams' crimes had broken her heart.

Mark Moran was shot dead in 2000 and Williams was due to stand trial for the crime, but the charge was dropped when he pleaded guilty to other murders last month.
Williams revealed in his evidence his falling-out with the Morans began when he was hit over the head with a baton by the half-brothers then shot in the stomach by Jason Moran.

He said Jason Moran told him, "Don't f--- with us. Look what we done to Alphonse (Gangitano)" – referring to the murder of the standover man in 1998.

"We are working with the police. We have virtually got a licence to do anything," Moran allegedly told him.

Williams refused to co-operate when police questioned him about the wounding. He claims Jason Moran called him in hospital as he recuperated and told him: "Next time you won't be so lucky."

He said he was using crack cocaine and became paranoid about when he would "get popped".

Williams told the court he feared for his family's safety and both his wife and his father had been warned that he would be killed.

"Jason told him (his father George Williams) to pass on to his son that it's who gets who first," Williams said.

Prosecutor Geoff Horgan, SC, told the court police did not accept anything other than vengeance for the earlier shooting was behind his desire to wipe out the Morans.

The convicted drug trafficker – who is serving at least 21 years' jail for the 2003 murder of hotdog vendor Michael Marshall – claims he didn't pay for the killings he admits to ordering.

His other victims include drug dealer Mark Mallia, 37, whose body was found in a burning wheelie bin in Sunshine in August 2003.

The court heard Mallia had been strangled after being lured to a meeting, bound and gagged then possibly tortured with a soldering iron.

The Herald Sun and other media have asked for permission to record the sentence when it is handed down so it can be broadcast.

Justice King will rule on the application at a later date.

The plea hearing is due to continue on Monday.

newman

Re: GANGLAND killer Carl Williams has ripped into Channel 9
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 04:12:06 AM »
He may be a tough guy, top dog in the joint now, but as the years go by and he gets older, slower & weaker he'll get done by some young idiot out to establish a prison 'rep'. Live by the sword..............