Author Topic: The Federal Bureau of Prisons says Jonathan Pollard is projected to be released in 2015!  (Read 3454 times)

admin

I found this site because someone posted a link to Chaim's entry there.

http://www.bop.gov/iloc2/LocateInmate.jsp

Name     Register
Number    Age    Race    Sex    Release Date
 Actual  /  Projected    Location

1.    JONATHAN JAY POLLARD    09185-016    53    White    M         11-21-2015    BUTNER MED I FCI

« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 02:08:13 AM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »

Offline FULL METAL JACKET

• Senior JTFer
He was sentenced to life with the eligibilty of parole. When he serves atleast 30 years he can apply and most likely be approved for parole. However I don't think he will. He'll be on parole for all of his life and try to go to Israel, if he does that will bring huge problems.
Formely known as "1986"

• Senior JTFer
He was sentenced to life with the eligibilty of it so yeah he can apply after 2016.

The problem is he would most likely go to Israel, a clear violation of parole. And the U.S would demand his extradition.
Formely known as "1986"

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
But would he be let on the Plane in the United States while on Parole. I know Israel would be safe but how could he get on the Plane if The US Govt won't let him leave??
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

• Senior JTFer
But would he be let on the Plane in the United States while on Parole. I know Israel would be safe but how could he get on the Plane if The US Govt won't let him leave??
If he's on parole he wont be allowed to leave the country.
Formely known as "1986"

• Senior JTFer
If he's on parole he wont be allowed to leave the country.

Then why was Chaim allowed to visit Israel while he was on parole?

Chaim said he went to Israel and was immediately deported back, so there you go.

As far as Pollard, it would definitely be a condition of his parole not to leave the country, he's obviously considered a flight risk since he has spent some time abroad and has Israeli citizenship.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 02:35:42 AM by FULL METAL JACKET »
Formely known as "1986"

• Senior JTFer
Then ask Chaim about it.

If Pollard is given parole it would be an obvious condition that he can't leave the country.
Formely known as "1986"

• Senior JTFer
I think there would a certain condition to his parole not to leave the country, if not he would need permission.

Just think about parole itself for a second. Just to leave the state in which the crime a person has been convicted of you would need to apply for an interstate compact, that's just to travel to another state. Imagine all the technicality with leaving the country. People on parole need permission to do everything. If Pollard is granted permission to be allowed to leave, which I doubt, they wont allow him to travel to Israel.
Formely known as "1986"