Author Topic: Boer War descendants to march in Anzac parade  (Read 8721 times)

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
Boer War descendants to march in Anzac parade
« on: April 10, 2008, 05:26:26 AM »
Boer War descendants to march in Anzac parade

10th April 2008, 11:15 WST

Boer War soldiers will be remembered at Anzac Day parades around Victoria this year.

It’s the first time in 30 years a Boer War delegation will be included in Anzac parades.

The Boer War, from 1899 to 1902, was Australia’s first major campaign and ranks only behind World War I and World War II in terms of Australia’s war contribution.

Boer War March Committee spokesman Bill Woolmore told AAP all descendants were invited to join the march.

“Obviously, those who fought in the war are no longer with us,” Mr Woolmore said.

“But there are thousands of descendants of Boer War soldiers out there and we are trying to contact as many as possible.”

Descendants have been invited to wear their family member’s medals, on the right side of their chest.

Only people who were awarded the medals for their own combat are permitted to wear medals on the left side of their chest.

Two new banners will be paraded - one a copy of the original banner of the South African Returned Services Association and the other a brand new design.

Mr Woolmore said the decision to re-instate a Boer War section in the parade was made after a national committee was formed to fight for a memorial in Canberra.

“This war is such an important part of our history and we want to make sure people are aware of that.”

He said the RSL had approved the decision and members were fully behind the Boer War’s inclusion in the parade.

He said he hoped the Boer War part of the parade would become a permanent part of Anzac Day celebrations.

Mr Woolmore said about 25,000 Australians fought in the war, some as part of South African and New Zealand contingents.

Boer War descendants will march directly behind the frontline police in this year’s parades.

AAP

Boeregeneraal

Re: Boer War descendants to march in Anzac parade
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 07:04:50 AM »
I invite the muslims to blow these 'desendants' to hell!

Offline AriseSouthAfrica

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 12:44:18 PM »
This is great news!!
Let G_d arise, let his enemies be scattered: let them also that hate him flee before him. (Psalm 68:1)

Boeregeneraal

Offline AriseSouthAfrica

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 01:39:38 AM »
This is great news!!
??? :o

I'm sorry! I am an idiot! Let me restate this! "This is great news" that people like Boeregeneraal say that these 'desendants' should be blown to hell!

I never meant my statement to favour those desendents!
Let G_d arise, let his enemies be scattered: let them also that hate him flee before him. (Psalm 68:1)

Boeregeneraal

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 02:09:59 AM »
haha, thank you ARISESA

Yes, seeing that im on location...mmmm...

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2008, 02:12:34 AM »
Touching any ANZAC pride, wishing any death on Australian Military is an assault on Australia, and its people.
 >:(

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2008, 02:14:35 AM »
Boere you are meant to be a moderator of SAVE Australia and NewZealand, not Blow it up  :o

Offline AriseSouthAfrica

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2008, 02:19:38 AM »
Looks like cross purpose misunderstandings here!! Boeregeneraal, perhaps we should explain the situation!?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 02:23:11 AM by arisesouthafrica »

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2008, 02:28:23 AM »
I never meant my statement to favour those desendents

Those people the ANZAC's and their desendents are apart of Australia, those ANZAC's gave their lives for the freedoms we today now enjoy.

Boere is only here in Australia, because of people such as them, keeping Australia a free and great country.

You enjoy our culture our way of life, support Australia or leave it!

This is the ideal example of  multiculturalism gone bad.

Offline AriseSouthAfrica

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2008, 02:58:42 AM »
Hi Fidei defensor, I think perhaps you can see our predicament as South African Boers. These desendents fought against us! >:(

We have great respect for Australia and New Zealand, we have no intention of insulting you. It is just a little bit of a sore point!

I believe that we should together rather now focus on the imminent threats of islam and black invasions and destruction of western civilization!

A Small piece of history:
From 10th October 1899 to the end of May 1902 a bitter conflict raged across the South African veldt between Britain and her Empire and the two largely self governing Boer Republics of the Transvaal and the Orange Free State. The six Australian States (colonies) were quick to make troops available to Britain when a Boer ultimatum to the British expired and its consequential war declaration was enacted by Boer commandos as they streamed across the borders into the British colonies of the Cape of Good Hope and Natal. The first troops from Australia, a squadron of the New South Wales Lancers Landed in Capetown on 2 November 1899, less that one month after the British Government made its war declaration.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 03:06:57 AM by arisesouthafrica »

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2008, 03:08:10 AM »
I am aware of the History of the Boer War. Sore point or not, calling for Islam to attack this country and its people is unacceptable.

Calling for the deaths of diggers and their families is unacceptable.

Boeregeneraal

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2008, 03:09:51 AM »

Those people the ANZAC's and their desendents are apart of Australia, those ANZAC's gave their lives for the freedoms we today now enjoy.

Boere is only here in Australia, because of people such as them, keeping Australia a free and great country.

Oh yeah....those 'anzacs' of 1902 surely defended aus alright...oh yeaah...those Boers were on their ships heading right to invade aus...mmm...yeah  ::)

I am only in this pathetic hell hole called ASStralia because of ASStralians with their big mouths and noses sniffing and buggering up MY country!!!! They had NO right to interfere in MY and ARISE' country!

Oh believe me, I absolutely detest ASS culture!!! Hell...I prefer mussie culture before I submit to ass culture!

ugh! >:(

Oh yeah...those anzacs were great....aiding the genocide of WOMEN and CHILDREN!!!

yeah, and killing POW's....while the BOERS were giving the best of care to british and colonial pow's

.......mmmm.....you had it coming in ww2 and the JAPANESE!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2008, 03:14:21 AM »

Oh yeah....those 'anzacs' of 1902 surely defended aus alright...oh yeaah...those Boers were on their ships heading right to invade aus...mmm...yeah  ::)

I am only in this pathetic hell hole called ASStralia because of ASStralians with their big mouths and noses sniffing and buggering up MY country!!!! They had NO right to interfere in MY and ARISE' country!

Oh believe me, I absolutely detest donkey culture!!! Hell...I prefer mussie culture before I submit to donkey culture!

ugh! >:(

Oh yeah...those anzacs were great....aiding the genocide of WOMEN and CHILDREN!!!

yeah, and killing POW's....while the BOERS were giving the best of care to british and colonial pow's

.......mmmm.....you had it coming in ww2 and the JAPANESE!

You are not forced to stay here Boere you are free to go back to your country.

Offline AriseSouthAfrica

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2008, 03:16:12 AM »
I think we have a common enemy in islam, we would never want an islam invasion of Australia. I apologize for the statement, however also realize who we are and our history with Australia.

We have great respect for you and the people of Australia are our great modern allies! Which we greatly appreciate! Let us rather stand together in our current common cause which is preservation of our peoples rights (Australian and Boer) in Australia and South Africa!

Honestly guys, lets stand together NOW in the 21st century!

Boeregeneraal

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2008, 03:19:13 AM »
id love to get of this hell hole...worst bloody country in the world!

But....haha....ASStralians will get it x100 times worse....oh yesssss...you reap what you sow

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2008, 03:19:28 AM »
Boere is clear  you are a hater of this country.

And clearly only wish to destroy it.

I will not wish you luck in that venture.

Boeregeneraal

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2008, 03:34:52 AM »
An eye for an eye is it not?

The Boer war, ok yes it was a war...all understandable...but then you have things like Breaker Morant....and yet they are portrayed as heroes! :o >:(

So nearly a century later, by G-D they f*** us over AGAIN!!!

And you know what....when I talk to the Boer people in ASStralia, one can only start to hate these whoremongering drunkards of ASStralians for theire treatment of MY people up to this day!

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

I do not however hate New Zealenders! Theire good people...but the same can definitely not be said for...

newman

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2008, 03:52:05 AM »
South Africa is not screwed up today because of Australia's 'me too' contribution to Britain's forces during the Boer War. SA was independant 9 years after the treaty with Britain!

Nor is it screwed because of any Australian 'me too-ing' during the anti-apartheid activities of the 1980s/90s that the whole world (wrongly) took part in.

The sad and undeniable truth is that SA is screwed because a MAJORITY of South Africans voted to hand it over to the blacks. Like it or not, they are the facts.

For any SA resident of Australia (whilst benefiting from Australia's freedom, safety, education and social services etc) to call for an iSSlamic attack on Australia or it's citizens over our miniscule contribution to the Boer War over a century ago is absolutely unacceptable!

Want a scapegoat for the situation in SA today? Blame your own traitor De Klerk and the dumb white South African majority he fooled. Don't blame us!

Boeregeneraal

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2008, 04:56:48 AM »
MAJORITY of South Africans voted to hand it over to the blacks
eh correction! PW Botha ( G-D rest his soul) was forced out of office, and traitorous de klerk INSTALLED...he was NOT voted in!
Besides, if majority of australians refused to fight in Sa (like our brave Canadian brothers) it would be another story. Instead, they went on wild rampages killing righteous people.

For any SA resident of Australia (whilst benefiting from Australia's freedom, safety, education and social services etc
Yea...which South Africa HAD up until asstralia started pocking it's noses into things they have no idea of! In fact, we were MUCH better of in SA, which rivaled Asstralia!

An eye for an eye, and you reap what you sow

newman

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2008, 05:26:42 AM »
MAJORITY of South Africans voted to hand it over to the blacks
eh correction! PW Botha ( G-D rest his soul) was forced out of office, and traitorous de klerk INSTALLED...he was NOT voted in!
Besides, if majority of australians refused to fight in Sa (like our brave Canadian brothers) it would be another story. Instead, they went on wild rampages killing righteous people.
1/ They voted for HIS party.
2/ They voted to end apartheid.
3/ Australia prior to 1901 was a collection of British colonies, not an independant nation. Australian soldiers of those colonies had (on average) a sixth grade education, no internet, radio or TV. The press was controlled by wealthy Brit/establishment types who gave the impression that the Empire was fighting against 'renegade dutch types'. It's not like they made a fair assessment.

For any SA resident of Australia (whilst benefiting from Australia's freedom, safety, education and social services etc
Yea...which South Africa HAD up until asstralia started pocking it's noses into things they have no idea of! In fact, we were MUCH better of in SA, which rivaled Asstralia!

What possible impact did piss-ant 15 million pop' Australia have on SA in the 80s/90s? Try blaming the europeans whose sanctions actually had some affect on SA.

An eye for an eye, and you reap what you sow
If that's the case, SA whites should be killed by the ANC for their betrayal of Rhodesia. You can't have your cake AND eat it.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2008, 05:44:17 AM »
An eye for an eye is it not?

The Boer war, ok yes it was a war...all understandable...but then you have things like Breaker Morant....and yet they are portrayed as heroes! :o >:(

So nearly a century later, by G-D they f*** us over AGAIN!!!

And you know what....when I talk to the Boer people in ASStralia, one can only start to hate these whoremongering drunkards of ASStralians for theire treatment of MY people up to this day!

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

I do not however hate New Zealenders! Theire good people...but the same can definitely not be said for...

An Eye for an Eye, and the world goes blind.

Many Australian's were up in arms at the treatment of Whites in SA.

Many of Australia's Dutch sent money and aid, as well as supplies and equipment.

Many of those people today are ones you are spending your time wishing for their deaths.

Instead of helping Australia rid itself of the parasites to use its honor to better their own gains.

You wish more of the parasites here.

Its as if we wished SA to be only black.

But we don't.

Wishing death apon a country because of a minority is just plain wrong.

Boeregeneraal

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2008, 05:49:37 AM »
Aus WANTED black and mullah' supposed "emancipation"...and they sure as hell with get it!

Be carefull what you wish for. Mmmuhahaha

Wishing death apon a country because of a minority is just plain wrong.

What minority? More like Majority!

Boeregeneraal

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2008, 05:52:51 AM »
An Eye for an Eye, and the world goes blind.

oh, so it's a-ok to support the anc when theire bombing MY people, oh but when I am just making a statement about Al-Qaeda in aus, all the sudden the world goes blind  ::)

Australia's Dutch

Boeregeneraal

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2008, 05:55:31 AM »
3/ Australia prior to 1901 was a collection of British colonies, not an independant nation. Australian soldiers of those colonies had (on average) a sixth grade education, no internet, radio or TV. The press was controlled by wealthy Brit/establishment types who gave the impression that the Empire was fighting against 'renegade dutch types'. It's not like they made a fair assessment.

oh yeah....sure as hell enjoyed Boer hospitality, while their husbands were being murdered by the very people they were saving.

If ASStralians object to the war, then why do we have this post in the first place?

They voted for HIS party
YES, WHILE it was STILL under Botha!

There's just no point in that argument!