Author Topic: Jon Stewart & Stephen Colbert  (Read 7310 times)

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
Jon Stewart & Stephen Colbert
« on: April 10, 2008, 11:30:10 PM »
What are your thoughts on Jon Stewart and his show?
What are your thoughts on Stephen Colbert and his show?

Which show is your favorite?

Offline Yochai

• Senior JTFer
Re: Jon Stewert & Stephen Colbert
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 11:32:05 PM »
I think Jon Leibowitz is a self hating-Jew who deserves the worst.

They think that Muslims killing Americans in wars is material for comedy.

Offline Ben Ish Chai

• Junior JTFer
Re: Jon Stewart & Stephen Colbert
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 11:33:28 PM »
is this a bloody joke?

I think the real question and poll should be "which of these liberal leftists do you hate less?"

and if that were the question then i'm taking Colbert, because at least he wasn't born Jewish, and therefore he has nothing to do with me.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 11:35:32 PM by Ben Ish Chai »

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
Re: Jon Stewert & Stephen Colbert
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 11:33:37 PM »
I think Jon Leibowitz is a self hating-Jew who deserves the worst.

They think that Muslims killing Americans in wars is material for comedy.

Is that jon stewart real name?

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 11:34:38 PM »
is this a bloody joke?

No i want to know what you think of both of these guys

Offline jakennc

• New JTFer
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 11:36:52 PM »
Jon Stewart hates Bush.  He hates the war in Iraq which means he didn't mind Saddam paying PLO/Hamas terrorists for suicide bombings in Israel and he is against the killing of Muslims who would cut his head off first.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2008, 11:39:07 PM »
Jon Stewart hates Bush.  He hates the war in Iraq which means he didn't mind Saddam paying PLO/Hamas terrorists for suicide bombings in Israel and he is against the killing of Muslims who would cut his head off first.

Iraq was better off with saddam in charge because once we eave they will join with Iran

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2008, 11:41:07 PM »
I think the danger in those shows is that they're both extremely clever men who know how to make biting satire.

This makes liberals and leftists seem "smart" and of course the conservatives they have on their shows seem dumb.

Offline Yochai

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2008, 11:41:11 PM »
I remember that Jon Stewart had a thing where he was doing a parody of the crazy kids show on Hamas' TV station.

And guess what his twist on it was..... Instead of Muslims, he played an Israeli equivalent and it was called someything like " Dr. Mendelman's hour of Hate".

He just manages to mock Jews even when they have nothing to do with the subject at hand.  Its funny that a show that proves how crazy these dogs are is somehow used by Leibowitz to mock Jews.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2008, 11:43:15 PM »
On a couple of Shows Stephen Colbert  called Obama a Muslim and one of his guest got mad

Offline jakennc

• New JTFer
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2008, 11:45:20 PM »

Iraq was better off with saddam in charge because once we eave they will join with Iran

Maybe Saddam was better than what will take over.  But I have been told by a smart person that Iraqis will not accept Iranian influence once the Americans leave.  They only do it now because they need them, but that Iraqi Shiites are Arabs and Iranians are Persians and the Iraqi Arabs really don't like the Persians.  So for now it is a marriage of convenience.  Later they will be at war again.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2008, 11:48:38 PM »
On a couple of Shows Stephen Colbert  called Obama a Muslim and one of his guest got mad

You have to remember that Stephen Colbert's persona on his show is that of an ultra-conservative wack job. That's part of his mockery of conservatism.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2008, 11:49:12 PM »

Maybe Saddam was better than what will take over.  But I have been told by a smart person that Iraqis will not accept Iranian influence once the Americans leave.  They only do it now because they need them, but that Iraqi Shiites are Arabs and Iranians are Persians and the Iraqi Arabs really don't like the Persians.  So for now it is a marriage of convenience.  Later they will be at war again.

Not to sound  rude but who told you that

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2008, 11:49:53 PM »

You have to remember that Stephen Colbert's persona on his show is that of an ultra-conservative wack job. That's part of his mockery of conservatism.

I still like his show

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2008, 11:51:01 PM »
It makes sense that Iran and Iraq would fight. They're not just different countries, they're different nations (yes there's a distinction). They're not compatible.

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2008, 11:51:34 PM »
I detest Stewart.

Colbert is funny.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2008, 11:52:22 PM »
I detest Stewart.

Colbert is funny.

:::D O0 :::D O0  I agree

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2008, 11:53:42 PM »

I still like his show

I used to test whether I was over bronchitis or not by watching either him or Jon Stewart and seeing if laughing made me cough. They are hilariously funny, but ultimately the joke is at the expense of moral people. They're going to help white America laugh all the way to their deaths if we don't keep in mind their true agenda.

It was hilarious when he ripped  George Bush a new one and George Bush was sitting there grimacing. Colbert needs to do more of that but with all stupid politicians.

Offline Yochai

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2008, 11:54:57 PM »
I cannot beleive anybody can watch these two scumbags.

They epitomize what is wrong with Americans today.  Furthermore, a lot of leftists have them as there number one news source, and believe wha they say.

I do not know of any two guys whose views are further to the left.  Being a university student, I see how they instill impressionable kids with a strong leftist outlook on the world.

As well, I have no respect for people who "De-Jewify" their name.  Especially when they are in showbiz, where a Jewish name is not an impediment.
It proves that he has no respect for the religion he had the honour of being part of.

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2008, 11:57:23 PM »
I detest Stewart.

Colbert is funny.

Stewart seems like he has a chip on his shoulder, something to prove, an agenda.

Colbert just seems like a comedian.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2008, 11:57:47 PM »

They epitomize what is wrong with Americans today.  Furthermore, a lot of leftists have them as there number one news source, and believe wha they say.

I do not know of any two guys whose views are further to the left.  Being a university student, I see how they instill impressionable kids with a strong leftist outlook on the world.

As well, I have no respect for people who "De-Jewify" their name.  Especially when they are in showbiz, where a Jewish name is not an impediment.
It proves that he has no respect for the religion he had the honour of being part of.

Maybe his name would have been an impediment because it could have been easily misspelled by a lot of dumb people? Still, I think people should keep their real names too.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2008, 11:59:09 PM »
On a couple of Shows Stephen Colbert called Obama a Muslim and one of his guest got mad

I still like his show

I used to test whether I was over bronchitis or not by watching either him or Jon Stewart and seeing if laughing made me cough. They are hilariously funny, but ultimately the joke is at the expense of moral people. They're going to help white America laugh all the way to their deaths if we don't keep in mind their true agenda.

It was hilarious when he ripped  George Bush a new one and George Bush was sitting there grimacing

But i know one thing Stephen  Colbert has people on his show that a lot of people don't know like writers then after the show people buy there books .

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2008, 11:59:15 PM »
I detest Stewart.

Colbert is funny.

Stewart seems like he has a chip on his shoulder, something to prove, an agenda.

Colbert just seems like a comedian.

Colbert is more dangerous because he's an extreme leftist who plays a role on his show as an extreme (and wacky) conservative. Most of his audience knows the score, but it could seriously confuse someone who thought he was being sincere.

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2008, 12:00:14 AM »

Stewart is far worse.  He isn't funny and he is far left.

Colbert is funny and he's less to the left.  

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2008, 12:02:18 AM »
Colbert actually Supported Mike Huckabee and not Obama like most