Author Topic: Jon Stewart & Stephen Colbert  (Read 7295 times)

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Jon Stewart & Stephen Colbert
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2008, 12:03:11 AM »
I detest Stewart.

Colbert is funny.
:::D O0 :::D O0  I agree
Stewart seems like he has a chip on his shoulder, something to prove, an agenda.

Colbert just seems like a comedian.
Colbert is more dangerous because he's an extreme leftist who plays a role on his show as an extreme (and wacky) conservative. Most of his audience knows the score, but it could seriously confuse someone who thought he was being sincere.

Colbert is funny.  

Stewart isn't.  

They're entertainers.  

Who cares?

Its all bread and circuses anyhow.

Offline Yochai

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2008, 12:06:45 AM »
I don't know if you've realized, but both of these guys are so obviously Pro-Obama that it makes me sick.

Just get a pen and paper, watch either show, and make a tally of jokes that are offensive to McCain, Hussein, and Hillary.
It is unreal how soft these guys are on Obama.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2008, 12:08:12 AM »
Colbert actually Supported Mike Huckabee and not Obama like most

Was this on his show or when he was being himself?

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2008, 12:08:45 AM »
I don't know if you've realized, but both of these guys are so obviously Pro-Obama that it makes me sick.

Just get a pen and paper, watch either show, and make a tally of jokes that are offensive to McCain, Hussein, and Hillary.

The writers tell them what to say

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2008, 12:09:35 AM »

Both on his show and at a charity event he went to

Offline Yochai

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2008, 12:12:29 AM »

The writers tell them what to say

I'm sure that if these guys wanted, they could tell their writers "you know, we can make a couple jokes about Obama here and there".

But they don't, they simply shy away like all other comedians who are afraid of being called racist.  When they make jokes about Obama, they are complimentary, like disproving(wrongly) that he is Muslim, or making a joke saying that hes good looking, so nice etc.

Offline Yochai

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2008, 12:14:56 AM »

Colbert is a proud Democrat, who has stated publicly that he "doesn't like republican policies".

While I don't either, it is for very different reasons.  I see the Republcans as too leftist, while he sees them as evil right-wingers.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2008, 12:16:18 AM »
When Stephen Colbert says anything you need to figure out whether he's in or out of character. Come on now, Colbert is no conservative.

Offline Yochai

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2008, 12:17:26 AM »
When Stephen Colbert says anything you need to figure out whether he's in or out of character. Come on now, Colbert is no conservative.

Precisely.  I think a lot of people are getting the wrong message.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2008, 12:17:38 AM »
i know he is not and i dont care i like to watch his show

Offline Ben Ish Chai

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2008, 12:19:39 AM »

I really don't know where you are getting this from, but he has more than once proclaimed himself to be a PROUD DEMOCRAT.  How could someone who is conservative or right wing POSSIBLY be an integral part of the DAILY SHOW?  You hate Jon Stewart, yet you LOVE his PRODIGY????
are you some sort of rabble rouser or troll implanted into this forum to make us irate?
and beyond that, why do you IGNORE all the posters who are constantly telling you the truth - that he is OFTEN in-character (even outside of his show), and that he is a THOROUGH LEFTIST SCUMBAG DEGENERATE LOSER.... AND SO ARE HIS FANS.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2008, 12:20:55 AM »
Maybe it's easier for me to tell when someone's acting because I did a little bit of role playing before, so I understand the difference between OOC (out of character) and IC (in character). Some people that played just couldn't grasp it and ended up annoying everyone else.

Offline Yochai

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2008, 12:22:19 AM »
There are a lot of things that I find funny, but that doesn't make them right.  I find MLK funny, but that doesn't mean I like him.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2008, 12:22:49 AM »

I really don't know where you are getting this from, but he has more than once proclaimed himself to be a PROUD DEMOCRAT.  How could someone who is conservative or right wing POSSIBLY be an integral part of the DAILY SHOW?  You hate Jon Stewart, yet you LOVE his PRODIGY????
are you some sort of rabble rouser or troll implanted into this forum to make us irate?and beyond that, why do you IGNORE all the posters who are constantly telling you the truth - that he is OFTEN in-character (even outside of his show), and that he is a THOROUGH LEFTIST SCUMBAG DEGENERATE LOSER.... AND SO ARE HIS FANS.

No i am not i just wanted to know what were your thought on these two people and just because i like his show does not me i support him

Offline Yochai

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2008, 12:25:03 AM »

are you some sort of rabble rouser or troll implanted into this forum to make us irate?and beyond that, why do you IGNORE all the posters who are constantly telling you the truth - that he is OFTEN in-character (even outside of his show), and that he is a THOROUGH LEFTIST SCUMBAG DEGENERATE LOSER.... AND SO ARE HIS FANS.

No i am not i just wanted to know what were your thought on these two people and just because i like his show does not me i support him

You should have made that clear earlier.  I don't think I'm the only one who got the wrong idea from your comments, as I definitely thought you were supporting him.
Thanks for clarifying though, I understand what you're saying now, although I still beieve that leftist propaganda like this shouldn't be allowed on TV.

Offline jakennc

• New JTFer
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2008, 12:39:03 AM »
Colbert would NEVER support Huckabee.  In interviews -out of character- he has clearly shown he is on the left.  His show is a spoof on Bill O'Reilly and shows on Fox News.

Jon Stewart has been calling the war in Iraq "Mess-O-Potamia" since day one.  Yes Stewart has writers but he TOO is a writer on the show.  He clearly doesn't believe that "less Muslims is better".  He is on the left, which means he is by definition a Muslim lover.  I think if he ever went to Israel, Israeli Jews would beat his [censored] -- or at least they should -- or drop him over into the Gaza.  Maybe he could tell Hamas and Islamic Jihad --"hey don't cut my head off, I actually like you guys"

Offline ItalianZionist

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2008, 12:43:24 AM »
Oh they BOTH suck.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2008, 01:21:34 AM »
Do people really believe that either one are any voice to this country they are on a comedy channel.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2008, 02:24:50 AM »

Offline abdithefaithful

• Full JTFer
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2008, 09:23:24 AM »
There's no denying that both Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert host very popular television programs on the Comedy Central network... And there's no denying that they both have a solid and growing number of viewers.. Yes, they do wield quite a lot of power with their respective television shows... Sometimes, although very rarely, they do take a jab at liberal politicians, however, like most of you here have pointed out, their main "victims of prey" are usually conservatives... I would like to see either Jon Stewart or Stephen Colbert have the dignity and integrity to invite "The Great Chaim" on their programs... Let's see these two "whipper-snapper liberals" try to take on "The Great Chaim" in debate, let's see them go head to head with "The Great Chaim" and watch their jaws drop in defeat as "The Great Chaim" debates them right into a corner--- I'd actually have a little respect for Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert if they had the courage to invite "The Great Chaim" on their shows--- Unfortunately, I guess that's highly unlikely of ever happening... THAT'S sad... Very sad indeed...
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 09:25:09 AM by abdithefaithful »
If you don't like The Great Chaim, then you sure as heck wouldn't like me!

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2008, 09:52:38 AM »
Do people really believe that either one are any voice to this country they are on a comedy channel.

Presidential Candidates took them very seriously last time around.

Offline abdithefaithful

• Full JTFer
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2008, 12:15:30 PM »

Presidential Candidates took them very seriously last time around.

Yes, the fact that they're on a the "comedy channel" actually gives Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert a bit of an advantage... It seems that the "comedy channel" genuinely has more credibility with some younger generations politically because they're NOT a "news channel"!!!... I realize that may sound a little off the wall to some people reading this, but I assure you that it is true...
If you don't like The Great Chaim, then you sure as heck wouldn't like me!