Author Topic: Customer Service!  (Read 1732 times)

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
Customer Service!
« on: April 12, 2008, 10:46:53 PM »
Is it just me, or is it completely non-existant nowadays.  I had an issue with these Geek Squad morons at  Best Buy, and they are a bunch of the biggest idiots I have ever seen.  I would call, and then they would place me on hold, tell me I need to be transferred, and then hang up.  They did this about 5 times.  Then they had no clue as to the technical questions I was asking.  Then I finally get connected to the tech guy, and get this, HE DOESN'T SPEAK ENGLISH, ONLY SPANISH.  I was about to blow my head off.  Fortunately, my trusted Asian friend got in touch with me and was able to help me out.   :o :o ^-^ :-\

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
Re: Customer Service!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 10:47:49 PM »
Is it just me, or is it completely non-existant nowadays.  I had an issue with these Geek Squad morons at  Best Buy, and they are a bunch of the biggest idiots I have ever seen.  I would call, and then they would place me on hold, tell me I need to be transferred, and then hang up.  They did this about 5 times.  Then they had no clue as to the technical questions I was asking.  Then I finally get connected to the tech guy, and get this, HE DOESN'T SPEAK ENGLISH, ONLY SPANISH.  I was about to blow my head off.  Fortunately, my trusted Asian friend got in touch with me and was able to help me out.   :o :o ^-^ :-\

I delt with customer service of Verizon and I swore I can hear the goats in the background being swept away from the Monsoons.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 10:49:12 PM »
GeekSquad is no good! 

I strongly recommend Geeksontime.com.  No affirmative action types there! 

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 11:55:47 PM »
Geeksquad does suck but it is so much better than circuit city's firedog. Over at firedog, if you are a human being, they will not hire you. I had a nightmare experience with my laptop at firedog and have never stepped foot in a circuit city since.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 11:57:33 PM »
I'm telling you guys, Geeksontime.com is the way to go. 

Offline Zevida

• Full JTFer
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 11:58:11 PM »
I had to deal with Amazon customer service recently.  Seems they were having a problem with their credit card processors.  I had to call about 5 times on what should have been a simple online transaction.  Every time I called, it went to a different country to a person who spoke any language except English.......... :-\
By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. (Ps 137)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 02:27:10 AM »
Customers are often nasty and evil too, especially when they don't speak English, but I've had problems with customer service as well. Try getting help at the local Wal-Mart. Sometimes it's damn near impossible unless you find a manager. I went into a Target a few years ago and asked someone where the duffel bags were and they had no idea what that meant.

Offline firster555

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2008, 11:31:29 AM »
Direct TV is the worst I ever dealt with. Very long story so I will just give one small part. Three times, yes, three times, dealing with their automated system, I hate those things, it could not understand what I was saying. I was born in Brooklyn and consider my English definetly understandable. My son joking around said I should talk to the system with an Indian accent. I did so, with an over exaggerated Indian accent, and quess what, it understood me perfectly. I ended up doing this on two other occassions and it worked both times.
In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man. Brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2008, 11:36:26 AM »
Well if you call Time Warner it is in this country but you get Zulu Ebonics on the phone.  "Yea wha beez yo problem dis be no problem we can feex deez"
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2008, 11:37:19 AM »
TMoblie has really good Customer Service... knowledgable and friendly, the worst Cingular or AT&T, as far as mobile phones go.

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2008, 01:00:15 PM »
Direct TV is the worst I ever dealt with. Very long story so I will just give one small part. Three times, yes, three times, dealing with their automated system, I hate those things, it could not understand what I was saying. I was born in Brooklyn and consider my English definetly understandable. My son joking around said I should talk to the system with an Indian accent. I did so, with an over exaggerated Indian accent, and quess what, it understood me perfectly. I ended up doing this on two other occassions and it worked both times.

:::D :::D

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2008, 01:35:29 PM »
I've heard that screaming the F word will work to get through the automated systems sometimes or if you're on perpetual hold.

Offline Yochai

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2008, 01:41:21 PM »
Up in Canada, all the companies have outsourced their cutomer service to India.  This is usually alright, as Indians are very smart people for the omst part.
This of course is also terrible as sometime the call is picked up by a Muzzie, at which point I have to ask for somebody else to speak to, while informing the Muzzie I want nothing to do with him.