Author Topic: Billions of gallons of oil found in the US!!  (Read 3682 times)

Offline Еврей

• Senior JTFer
Billions of gallons of oil found in the US!!
« on: April 13, 2008, 11:48:10 PM »
Maybe we can finally stop buying oil from our enemies!
At least long enough for us to make oil-free technologies mainstream...  O0

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=61488
"My name is Daniel Pearl. I am a Jewish American"
"My family follows Judaism. We've made numerous family visits to Israel."
~Daniel Pearl

"We are a small nation, but strong."
~Moshe Dayan

"First of all, Arafat is wrong. Jerusalem is Israel's capital, will never be divided, and will remain the capital of the State of Israel, the capital of the Jewish people, for ever and ever. "
~Benjamin Netanyahu

ביחד נשרוד, לחוד ניפול
Together we survive, apart we fall
~Subliminal

Offline Nikola1389

• Full JTFer
Re: Billions of gallons of oil found in the US!!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 03:43:36 PM »
our use(the wests mostly) of oil is killing this planet,and we are spending oil in a realy dumb manner,there are 1000s better things to do with oil,and 1000 new more every day,with our inapropriet spending ways we have damaged this planet alot.

soz 4 my bas spelling

Offline Еврей

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 03:45:45 PM »
our use(the wests mostly) of oil is killing this planet,and we are spending oil in a realy dumb manner,there are 1000s better things to do with oil,and 1000 new more every day,with our inapropriet spending ways we have damaged this planet alot.

soz 4 my bas spelling

True, but buying our oil from countries who want to destroy us, and don't care about the environment at all isn't helping.
I support alternative energy, but while we switch over to that.... we also need energy dependence!  ;)
~Daniel Pearl

~Moshe Dayan

"First of all, Arafat is wrong. Jerusalem is Israel's capital, will never be divided, and will remain the capital of the State of Israel, the capital of the Jewish people, for ever and ever. "
~Benjamin Netanyahu

ביחד נשרוד, לחוד ניפול
~Subliminal

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 03:49:45 PM »
You will have peoplewho  wont let us drill because they will say you are messing up the ecosystem and it will be bad for the animals like what they are doing in Alaska

Offline Nikola1389

• Full JTFer
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 04:26:59 PM »
i'm not commenting on the way you are gaining oil,i'm talking about the way you are spending it,it won't have catastropical influence only on animals,but on the whole world,includeing us!

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2008, 06:30:36 PM »
This is a rehashed news story from the mid 1970's.

Everyone in the energy business has known about these shale deposits.

The energy industry has also long known that it requires almost as much energy in the form of petroleum to process the shale, as the total amount of energy which can be extracted from it.

I am ceaselessly unamused at the quantity of "recycled old news" articles which cynical editors turn into today's headlines whenever they need to stimulate readership and subscriptions.

Please do not deceive yourself when seeing "headlines" such as these.

The ugly truth is that there is no known substitute for petroleum at present.

And, short of a revolutionary discovery in science and physics, we all face a growing disaster.

The entirety of Western civilization as we know it, is 100% dependant on petroleum.

Offline Еврей

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2008, 07:27:22 PM »
i'm not commenting on the way you are gaining oil,i'm talking about the way you are spending it,it won't have catastropical influence only on animals,but on the whole world,includeing us!

Sorry, I misunderstood you.
But you are absolutely right... and it's a shame.
I don't know what we can do about it though. We are dependent on the stuff, and the oil companies love it.

Do you have any ideas?  ???
~Daniel Pearl

~Moshe Dayan

~Benjamin Netanyahu

ביחד נשרוד, לחוד ניפול
~Subliminal

Offline Еврей

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2008, 07:27:59 PM »
You will have peoplewho  wont let us drill because they will say you are messing up the ecosystem and it will be bad for the animals like what they are doing in Alaska

The animals in the Arab nations?  :P
~Daniel Pearl

~Moshe Dayan

~Benjamin Netanyahu

ביחד נשרוד, לחוד ניפול
~Subliminal

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2008, 07:28:38 PM »
I think we should all end our dependence on oil even non-Muslim oil.

I think he meant the animals in Alaska.

Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline Еврей

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2008, 07:49:43 PM »
I think we should all end our dependence on oil even non-Muslim oil.

Haha... I know... it was a joke lol
I think he meant the animals in Alaska.

~Daniel Pearl

~Moshe Dayan

~Benjamin Netanyahu

ביחד נשרוד, לחוד ניפול
~Subliminal

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2008, 08:26:23 PM »
I don't know but its seems like the oil situation in America has become a big game designed to fleece the American public. The slightest disruption causes the price of oil to jump wildly. I don't think anything is going to change soon. The dollar drops in value as we speak and every time it does it drives the barrel price even higher for Americans. I see bad things ahead because of this situation. The situation is self feeding and I see inflation rearing its head to levels never seen before unless things are rapidly put in place to get things under control as far as the dollar and the price of oil go.  Things are rapidly getting to the point where the ability of average people to keep up with their bills is possible. America needs to tap into known oil reserves in the Gulf of Mexico and in Alaska and pump at full speed. If the present oil producers see that we were able to supplement our needs when they try and squeeze us by cutting production they would not play games designed to keep the prices higher than needed. Shale oil is fine if we can produce it in amounts needed in the near future however we need to do something now. That would be more in the way of drilling oil wells in every know reserve available and that oil used for domestic consumption only.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2008, 09:47:24 PM »
Re:  "...Maybe we can finally stop buying oil from our enemies!
At least long enough for us to make oil-free technologies mainstream..."

We will not stop buying oil from our enemies, for the simple reason that our enemies are in fact a cartel consisting of seven major oil corporations; all of whom are now showing the greatest profits in all of recorded corporate world history.

And it is these corporations which will quite literally stop at nothing to maintain their profits.

They do not answer to any governments, other than making sure their sources of oil (Saudis, Nigeria, Iraq, etc...) are kept happy.

They will do whatever necessary to crush and eliminate any and all competitors; particularly those working to develop alternative energy sources.

Most of us have a great difficulty accepting the fact that it is already far too late (short of a miracle) for R&D to save us from oil addiction.

And because China and India are now demanding more each day to fuel their rapidly growing economies, the oil corporations could care less whether or not America runs dry and can't pay the exorbitant prices at the pumps.

All pharmaceutical drugs and products, all agro-chemicals & fertilizers, all of our containers, plastics, our military, our machinery, and our transportation (delivery of foods & goods), and more, are totally reliant on oil, and no substitutes or alternatives are so far known which can equal the amount of energy we derive from one gallon of oil.

Do any of you still believe that Bush invaded and occupied Iraq to topple a madman making WMD's?

We are there for one reason and one reason only:  Oil reserves.

Not that we citizens are going to benefit.

Only Bush's Oil CEO's and their circle of friends and business relations are to grow richer; none of whom consider themselves Americans or American corporations.

I know it sounds like I'm just trying to "spoil everyone's party", but my intention is only to make those reading this aware of just how serious a crisis all of us are facing.

Offline Еврей

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2008, 09:51:41 PM »

We will not stop buying oil from our enemies, for the simple reason that our enemies are in fact a cartel consisting of seven major oil corporations; all of whom are now showing the greatest profits in all of recorded corporate world history.

And it is these corporations which will quite literally stop at nothing to maintain their profits.

They do not answer to any governments, other than making sure their sources of oil (Saudis, Nigeria, Iraq, etc...) are kept happy.

They will do whatever necessary to crush and eliminate any and all competitors; particularly those working to develop alternative energy sources.

Most of us have a great difficulty accepting the fact that it is already far too late (short of a miracle) for R&D to save us from oil addiction.

And because China and India are now demanding more each day to fuel their rapidly growing economies, the oil corporations could care less whether or not America runs dry and can't pay the exorbitant prices at the pumps.

All pharmaceutical drugs and products, all agro-chemicals & fertilizers, all of our containers, plastics, our military, our machinery, and our transportation (delivery of foods & goods), and more, are totally reliant on oil, and no substitutes or alternatives are so far known which can equal the amount of energy we derive from one gallon of oil.

Do any of you still believe that Bush invaded and occupied Iraq to topple a madman making WMD's?

Only Bush's Oil CEO's and their circle of friends and business relations are to grow richer; none of whom consider themselves Americans or American corporations.

I know it sounds like I'm just trying to "spoil everyone's party", but my intention is only to make those reading this aware of just how serious a crisis all of us are facing.

In short, you are bringing us all down to Earth... as you have done for me many times before lol...

But hey, we can dream can't we?
Maybe we will get some decent politicians....
Maybe the oil companies will decide to take oil from this new reserve, or the one in Brazil mentioned above...

if only, if only....
~Daniel Pearl

~Moshe Dayan

~Benjamin Netanyahu

ביחד נשרוד, לחוד ניפול
~Subliminal

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2008, 10:04:55 PM »
Your not spoiling the party your post gives plenty of food for thought. The big corporations have ulterior motives I am sure but I think that there is more at play here than just cornering the oil reserves. Bush, Baker and company have been in bed with the house of Faud for years. I am sure that Iraq has quite a bit to do with seeing that the Royal family stays in power.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2008, 12:35:55 PM »

Didn't some of the CEO's of oil companies go to congress recently?  And when they were asked about their record profits, the CEO's were speechless.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2008, 01:23:24 PM »
Your not spoiling the party your post gives plenty of food for thought. The big corporations have ulterior motives I am sure but I think that there is more at play here than just cornering the oil reserves. Bush, Baker and company have been in bed with the house of Faud for years. I am sure that Iraq has quite a bit to do with seeing that the Royal family stays in power.

How does Iraq keep the Royal Family stay in power?

Offline Еврей

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2008, 02:41:37 PM »
     How does Iraq keep the Royal Family stay in power?

He's saying the fact that we're there has helped the 'royal family' stay in power.
Thanks to oil money and such. Not to mention other businesses such as Halliburton.
~Daniel Pearl

~Moshe Dayan

~Benjamin Netanyahu

ביחד נשרוד, לחוד ניפול
~Subliminal

Offline rob shepherd

• Full JTFer
  • We will be victorious!!
    • myspace.com
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2008, 09:59:22 PM »
The ecofreaks and the damned Democrats/Commies won't let us drill our own oil.  As for damaging the environment, take, for example Hiroshama and Nagasaki.  That is damaging the environment to the extreme.  It's going on 63 years since we put the fear of God into the Japanese.  There is no trace at all of radiation there now.  How is drilling for oil going to destroy the environment?  It's not.  As for global warming, which is think is a farce made up by some scientist wannabes.  They make this up so they can get government grants.  In the Swiss Alps, they have found cabins that were covered by glaciers that were 100's if not 1,000's of years old.  How did they get there.  The answer is that the glaciers just covered them up as they made their advance.  As for the hole in the ozone, this is my theory.  The atmosphere is similar to a pressure cooker.  As gas/steam build up, the hole widens to help the pressure escape into space.  The hole has always been there.  We just haven't been able to detect it until recently.  I do agree that we need to be energy independent from the enemy.  That we need to find a better alternative to fossil fuels.  We could possibly use hydrogen that is extracted from water, or better yet, solar or self-powered motors and engines.  It can be done.  They will be expensive at first, but after mass production, the price will go way down, as did VCRs and Walkmans.  But we must strive to cut off funding to our enemy and then cut off their heads as they wish to do to us.  God bless AMERICA and ISRAEL!!!!!
Rob Shepherd, proud AMERICAN infidel

Offline Еврей

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2008, 10:20:46 PM »
Completely agree!
We can't defeat the enemy if the enemy powers our entire nation!!
I say for a certain period of time we should switch to coal power for our electricity plants...
and hydrogen hybrids for automotive purposes. Once we are independent from our enemies we will be able to defeat them... because oil is their main source of income!!
~Daniel Pearl

~Moshe Dayan

~Benjamin Netanyahu

ביחד נשרוד, לחוד ניפול
~Subliminal

Offline rob shepherd

• Full JTFer
  • We will be victorious!!
    • myspace.com
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2008, 08:39:25 AM »
Good point about coal SR.  But the thing to do with coal is extract the fuels from it with the coke process.  I know there is billions of tons of coal just in West Virginia alone.  The biggest coalfields in there world reside there.  There is one coke plant that I know of there.  As for power plants, I say go nuclear because it will be cheaper in the long run.  The pollutants are far less than coal plants.  Have you ever been in West Virginia.  The smoke from coal gets in and on everything.  It's especially bad for people with asthma and may well have caused some people to contract asthma.  I myself has asthma and I am origionally from West Virginia.  I have problems breathing everytime I visit.  Of course smoking doesn't help either, which I am guilty of.  But getting back to the subject.  The cost will be enormous in the beginning, but look at all the jobs that states like West Virginia will get back.  The ones that migrated south to find work after Jimmy Carter signed the ban on sulpher coal will return.  The economy there will flourish again.  Now, it's just pretty much a starved economy run by corrupt Democrat/Communist politicians.  I believe that this could possibly work and that it could be quite lucrative for the long-term investor.  God bless AMERICA and ISRAEL!!!!!
Rob Shepherd, proud AMERICAN infidel

Offline Еврей

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2008, 03:33:37 PM »
Good point about coal SR.  But the thing to do with coal is extract the fuels from it with the coke process.  I know there is billions of tons of coal just in West Virginia alone.  The biggest coalfields in there world reside there.  There is one coke plant that I know of there.  As for power plants, I say go nuclear because it will be cheaper in the long run.  The pollutants are far less than coal plants.  Have you ever been in West Virginia.  The smoke from coal gets in and on everything.  It's especially bad for people with asthma and may well have caused some people to contract asthma.  I myself has asthma and I am origionally from West Virginia.  I have problems breathing everytime I visit.  Of course smoking doesn't help either, which I am guilty of.  But getting back to the subject.  The cost will be enormous in the beginning, but look at all the jobs that states like West Virginia will get back.  The ones that migrated south to find work after Jimmy Carter signed the ban on sulpher coal will return.  The economy there will flourish again.  Now, it's just pretty much a starved economy run by corrupt Democrat/Communist politicians.  I believe that this could possibly work and that it could be quite lucrative for the long-term investor.  G-d bless AMERICA and ISRAEL!!!!!

I'm not familiar with the coke process... but it sounds interesting!
I was actually in WV a few years ago... but I only drove through. And in the long run, pure coal is not the way to go... but I think if we want to be energy independent as quickly as possible, we should use coal heavily for a small amount of time until we are able to make more nuclear/wind/water/hydrogen/etc power plants. These new power plants will provide many new jobs (for security purposes and running the actual plants themselves, show American enginuity, and break the bond that we have with terrorist nations!

I think Israel is in the right track... do you know about Project Better Place?
http://projectbetterplace.com/
It's going to put mass-produced electric cars and infrastructure in Israel.
While the power plants may still use gas... its more efficiently produced, and some of the energy comes
from solar power and other methods.

If this is a success we should implement a similar project in America, but the cars would have to have a greater range.
We will see what comes of it. The cars are supposed to be sold starting in 2010  I believe.

and as you said, G-d bless America and Israel!!  O0

~Daniel Pearl

~Moshe Dayan

~Benjamin Netanyahu

ביחד נשרוד, לחוד ניפול
~Subliminal