Author Topic: Leftist Vermont denied Jewish inmate Kosher food even though it was donated  (Read 1178 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
The Jewish inmate Bock was denied Passover food as well as regular Kosher food even though the lftist state of Vermont did'nt have to pay a penny.I could imagine if a moslem piglet inmate demanded Hallal food and vermont had to pay they would give it to moslem pig even if it was 50$ a day

http://www.jta.org/cgi-bin/iowa/breaking/108057.html   

Vermont prison system settles lawsuit
 E-mail article 
 Share on Facebook
 Digg this
 Tell the Editors 
 What bloggers
are saying 

Published: 04/14/2008

A former Jewish inmate in Vermont denied Passover food and holiday items will receive $25,000.

Gordon Bock, 53, settled his lawsuit with the Vermont Department of Corrections earlier this month. The prison system also agreed to modify its policy regarding prisoners’ religious rights.

Bock said that during his incarceration in 2004 and 2005 he was not allowed to receive kosher-for-Passover food, a Chanukah menorah or gift baskets for Purim. All had been offered to him free by the Aleph Institute, a Chabad-Lubavitch organization that works with Jewish prisoners, the military and their families.

“The U.S. Congress and the U.S. Supreme Court have said very clearly that prison officials must meet the religious needs of inmates. That's the law of the land,” said Rabbi Mendel Katz, Aleph’s director of prison outreach. “Even more, from a Jewish perspective, every Jew has a soul, and regardless of whether they've made mistakes in life, that soul needs spirituality. Every mitzvah that they can do in prison is part of the process of bettering themselves.”

Robert Hofmann, a Vermont corrections commissioner, told The Associated Press that the department has drafted new rules on religious observances since Bock's incarceration that have been “well received” by inmates and faith communities.

Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

newman

Chaim should have sued.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Chaim should have sued.
THATS true but vermont such a liberal state i'm so suprised ;D
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
Chaim should have sued.

They're the ones who claim to be so tolerant, yet, they're really discriminating. 

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
Chaim should have sued.

They're the ones who claim to be so tolerant, yet, they're really discriminating. 

~My 'hobby' to get out my anger with what is happening in this nation is to go to chat in paltalk. I don't chose conservative rooms to chat, I go and sit with the enemy- the leftist nasty schmucks, to see what is REALLY on their mind.  I will tell you STRAIGHT UP- they HATE Jews, period.  HATE THEM. It does not matter what 'type' of Jew you are- (left, or right) they are ferocious. I have not EVER, in my life, seen SO MUCH hate. I have 3 friends that sit there and just take this.. they take the most filthy words that I have ever seen thrown at a human. I am CONSTANTLY in there, saying: Come here you filth, leave her be, and see if you can handle me- I 'IM' them and make terrible loud noises, call them anti-semite, pagan, swine, etc.. Bottom line with this man in jail- LEFTISTS HATE JEWS. NO TOLERENCE FOR JEWS. This does NOT surprise me, NOT one bit..which is WHY, I dont care if a Jewish brother or sister is left or right, I will ALWAYS go in to stand in the gap, take the heat- because the leftist Jew takes this garbage. :'(
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

newman

The second biggest fraud ever commited on mankind is the idea that the right is racist and dictatorial while the left is non-prejudiced and libertarian. It's the exact opposite in reality.

It is the left that hate Jews. It is the left who demand different laws based on race, it is the left who seek more government control and it is the left who oppose personal choice and responsibility.

Whoever engineered such a misrepresrentation of political reality on the body politic was/is a genius.

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
The Jewish inmate Bock was denied Passover food as well as regular Kosher food even though the lftist state of Vermont did'nt have to pay a penny.I could imagine if a moslem piglet inmate demanded Hallal food and vermont had to pay they would give it to moslem pig even if it was 50$ a day

http://www.jta.org/cgi-bin/iowa/breaking/108057.html   

BTW, do you know what Mr. Bock's crime was for which he was jailed?

Vermont prison system settles lawsuit
 E-mail article 
 Share on Facebook
 Digg this
 Tell the Editors 
 What bloggers
are saying 

Published: 04/14/2008

A former Jewish inmate in Vermont denied Passover food and holiday items will receive $25,000.

Gordon Bock, 53, settled his lawsuit with the Vermont Department of Corrections earlier this month. The prison system also agreed to modify its policy regarding prisoners’ religious rights.

Bock said that during his incarceration in 2004 and 2005 he was not allowed to receive kosher-for-Passover food, a Chanukah menorah or gift baskets for Purim. All had been offered to him free by the Aleph Institute, a Chabad-Lubavitch organization that works with Jewish prisoners, the military and their families.

“The U.S. Congress and the U.S. Supreme Court have said very clearly that prison officials must meet the religious needs of inmates. That's the law of the land,” said Rabbi Mendel Katz, Aleph’s director of prison outreach. “Even more, from a Jewish perspective, every Jew has a soul, and regardless of whether they've made mistakes in life, that soul needs spirituality. Every mitzvah that they can do in prison is part of the process of bettering themselves.”

Robert Hofmann, a Vermont corrections commissioner, told The Associated Press that the department has drafted new rules on religious observances since Bock's incarceration that have been “well received” by inmates and faith communities.