Author Topic: A Question About Prostate. I would like an answer  (Read 3018 times)

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
A Question About Prostate. I would like an answer
« on: April 16, 2008, 02:42:43 AM »
Being that I am 32 years old.. at what age is it a good age to begin to have check up for a disease that strikes so many men?  I know I am still young right now but when is the actual age the best age to start check ups on it?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 02:44:18 AM by MasterWolf1 »
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: A Question About Prostate. I would like an answer
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 10:30:10 AM »
I'm not a urilogist but cousin in Fla is he said anytime after 35 is good but i don'nt think till after 40
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 10:45:04 AM »
Being that I am 32 years old.. at what age is it a good age to begin to have check up for a disease that strikes so many men?  I know I am still young right now but when is the actual age the best age to start check ups on it?

I know somebody, 60,  that went to the doctor when he found he could not pass urine.

so maybe if you have certain symptoms, you do some googling and see the doctor .

No harm in getting the prostate checked if concerned.. apparently it involves the doctor putting on a glove and shoving a finger up your backside, and checking the prostate, the size of it. Should be walnut sized. He will see if it is too big. You will probably have to get it done eventually..

Watch Billy Connolly, talking about it (he does swear though, but he is harmless)
He says when you`re in your 50s doctors become obsessively interested in your prostate. He also talks of needing to go to the toilet and getting only drips.
I have heard him do the prostate talk, on TV, and it was better than this, but this is pretty funny..
In the show I saw, he said there are 2 ways in...  up your backside, or they shove a rod through the hole in your thing.  Well, he says, I am not having a camera crew crawling up mee willy.  
here he is

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 11:40:31 AM »
SO around 40?
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 01:00:57 PM »
  At 50 is the right time! :)
The whole system works because everyone is not mentally ill on the same day!!!!

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 07:21:09 PM »
Masterwolf, if you keep yourself in great shape, then these diseases will not be something you will have to worry about as much. Keep up your working out and I hope it ends up paying off for you.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2008, 09:39:55 PM »
I'm pretty much the same age MW.  Doctor hasn't brought it up yet, thank G-d. O0

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2008, 09:52:43 PM »
Men keep yourself from all the sex crimes, a consequence (minor in this case compared to much worse that can G-d forbid, G-d save us, happen), is prostate problems like cancer, etc. For women its modesty issues thats why the # 1 killers today for men is Prostate problems and for ladies is breast cancer.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2008, 10:01:18 PM »
Men keep yourself from all the sex crimes, a consequence (minor in this case compared to much worse that can G-d forbid, G-d save us, happen), is prostate problems like cancer, etc. For women its modesty issues thats why the # 1 killers today for men is Prostate problems and for ladies is breast cancer.

Actually number 1 killer for both men and women is Pulmonary Cancer! Number 2  for men : prostatic cancer, and for women Breast cancer...

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2008, 10:05:30 PM »
They made me do a prostate exam on someone in the Hospital.  My finger was not very happy about it.   :o
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2008, 10:06:55 PM »
They made me do a prostate exam on someone in the Hospital.  My finger was not very happy about it.   :o

HEHEHEHE I did it too!!! In the day of my Urology exam! I was soooo scared, and guess what I found! A prostatic cancer!!!!

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2008, 10:09:48 PM »

HEHEHEHE I did it too!!! In the day of my Urology exam! I was soooo scared, and guess what I found! A prostatic cancer!!!!
:D  For me I had no clue how to do a prostate exam so I thought the prostate was "up" and I felt for it there and wondered why I couldn't find anything  ???.  But my guy had known metastatic prostate cancer to begin with so it was just about the Resident having fun with me than anything else.  I would have rather the patient do it on that Resident so I could get some revenge.  Lol.
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2008, 10:12:24 PM »

Tzvi, your Kabbalah stuff doesn't make sense.  I know a Tzaddik in my family who died from prostate cancer.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2008, 10:15:41 PM »

:D  For me I had no clue how to do a prostate exam so I thought the prostate was "up" and I felt for it there and wondered why I couldn't find anything  ???.  But my guy had known metastatic prostate cancer to begin with so it was just about the Resident having fun with me than anything else.  I would have rather the patient do it on that Resident so I could get some revenge.  Lol.

what kind of a guy volunteers himself for that?!

They are either a saint who values training people above everything else, including his own dignity. Or they enjoy it, but that would not be easy to hide.

I think if a person in his 20s or 30s went to his doctor and asked for a prostate examination, and had no symptoms, the doctor would be very very suspicious!!

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2008, 10:18:18 PM »
Well the really wanted a stool sample to do a Guaic test (to see if there is blood) which anyone can do with the resident watching me and while I was doing that I minus well do a rectal and prostate exam as per the resident.  But it was pointless and the resident was an idiot I think.  If I was the patient I would have refused. 

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2008, 10:19:06 PM »
  Medical students have to do rectal examens, they have to learn how to perform one! so, patients of the hospital usually are teh victims, especially if they are in a teaching hospitals! Med Students will be doctors someday, so they have to know everything, right?

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2008, 10:21:52 PM »
  Medical students have to do rectal examens, they have to learn how to perform one! so, patients of the hospital usually are teh victims, especially if they are in a teaching hospitals! Med Students will be doctors someday, so they have to know everything, right?

Yeah, we got to find innocent victims to experiment on.   :) :)

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2008, 11:20:57 PM »
This is why I never went to medical school. ;)

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2008, 12:17:41 AM »
More men die every year from medical treatment for cancer of the prostate gland, whereas had they not received any treatment at all, the majority of them would live and die from old age long before prostate cancer would get them.

Almost every man who dies from natural causes / old age has cancerous cells in his prostate.

It is the advances in testing today which is finding early stages in men, and it is the greed and insanity of the medical surgeons and oncologists who stand to earn millions of dollars from burning, cutting, removing, irradiating, and chemically castrating men; after first convincing them that to do otherwise would be "putting themselves at risk".

Don't take my word for it...do your own research on prostate cancer "treatments".

Virtually every one leaves the patient incontinent and impotent for the rest of their lives, and usually suffering pain as well.

Even the standard "Trans-Urethral Prostatic Resection" (the standard fare surgery for an enlarged but non-cancerous prostate) has serious risks including incontinence and impotence, and is at best a short term temporary "treatment", for the tissue which is "roto-rootered" out will quickly grow back, requiring repeated surgeries.

Read about the "great advance" of injecting radioactive "seeds" directly into the prostate gland, believing that the constant localized radioactivity will shrink the gland and stall the cancer.

Of course, there is a very good possibility that the "seeds" of radioactive iodine will leave the gland and travel around inside the abdomen.

Whether or not they do get loose, one of the standard "side effects' is burned and ulcerated rectum and anus from the radioactivity burning your insides out over a period of months.

Silly me!...There's a "new" advance....the "latest" and "safest" treatment....

Cryosurgery.

The surgeon stabs about three spike needles into the perineum from different angles, all the while studying your insides on an MRI screen.

When he's "certain" he's in a good position, catheters are inserted through the needles and liquid nitrogen freezes (burns) areas of the prostate, bladder, and or other organs.

It's a wonderful treatment, as long as you realize that few surgeons are skilled enough to even attempt it, and those that do try it usually attempt to "minimize" the very real odds of ending up not only incontinent, but impotent as well.

MassuhD's advice to the forlorn:

NEVER have surgery unless there is absolutely NO alternative (meaning you will probably die tomorrow without it).

Me?  A good cigar and stop worrying about it.

You're not going to live forever regardless of what you do.

When's the last time you heard about some skid-row "junkie" with prostate cancer?
NEVER.

Because they die either from overdose or old age long before some Urologist gets a chance to earn $250,000 for destroying their sex life and leaving them dribbling urine into their pants 24/7.

Who wants to get very sick, lose all of your money, pee in your pants, never have sex again, and die early from the trauma of chemo, radiation, and cutting?

p.s.--and there's not a single new A.M.A. surgeon around who will agree with my opinions...to a man or woman, they ALL will INSIST you BEGIN TREATMENTS IMMEDIATELY!  (oh...you DO have INSURANCE, "don't you"?)

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2008, 07:26:42 AM »
Massuh: <<NEVER have surgery unless there is absolutely NO alternative (meaning you will probably die tomorrow without it).

Me?  A good cigar and stop worrying about it.

You're not going to live forever regardless of what you do.>>

Exactly.
A friend of mine's operation was a failure.
Six months later his father dies of complications of an operation.
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2008, 12:57:09 PM »
Its important for every male to take this seriously.  Like for every woman to take breast and ovarian cancer seriously