Author Topic: Rabbi Meir David Kahane, ZT"L, HY"D  (Read 10054 times)

admin

Rabbi Meir David Kahane, ZT"L, HY"D
« on: February 28, 2007, 08:51:35 PM »

Born August 1, 1932 - 29 Tammuz, 5692 in Brooklyn, New York.
Assassinated November 5, 1990 - 18 Heshvan, 5751 in Manhattan, New York.

Rabbi Meir David Kahane was one of the greatest rabbis of modern times. He was a leader, philosopher, visionary, revolutionary, scholar, warrior, activist, fighter, hero, rabbi, writer, speaker, Rosh Yeshiva, father, grandfather, husband, teacher, author, and statesman.

As a youth, Rabbi Meir Kahane was active in Betar. Vladimir Jabotinsky, Z"L, was a close friend of his father, Rabbi Charles Kahane. Meir met Jabotinsky when he was a guest at his parents home.

Rabbi Kahane received his rabbinical ordination from the world famous Mirrer Yeshiva in Brooklyn. He earned an International Law degree from New York University.

Rabbi Kahane served as a pulpit Rabbi and teacher in New York in The Early and Mid 1960's. During that time he also was one of the editors of The Jewish Press, which was the biggest English speaking Jewish newspaper in The World. He continued to work for the newspaper as a correspondent until his assassination.

Rabbi Kahane was the author of many books on Judaism, Israel, Torah and politics. He wrote classic books in English and in Hebrew such as The Jewish Idea, They Must Go, and Never Again!.

Rabbi Kahane was well known for his electrifying speeches in Israel, on American campuses, and in synagogues throughout The World. He was viewed as an eloquent, dynamic spokesman, and orator, appearing frequently on radio and TV talk shows.

Rabbi Kahane founded The Jewish Defense League in The United States in 1968 to combat the rampant growth of Anti-Semitism in the inner cities. At that time, the poor and elderly Jews were easy targets for Jew hating, mostly black thugs. Rabbi Kahane rescued these abandoned Jews and changed the image of the weak and vulnerable Jew to one of a mighty fighter who strikes back fiercely against tyrants. Jew-haters around the world soon began to respect and fear the wrath and retribution of Kahane's Chaya Squad, a group within the JDL, which succeeded in instilling fear in the hearts of the would-be criminals against Jews.

The JDL went on to conquer other local issues and problems as well as global Jewish problems. The JDL was the first group to really bring world attention to the plight of Soviet Jewry. They did so by engaging in unconventional and often violent tactics which succeeded in highlighting the plight of millions of oppressed Jews, suffering behind The Iron Curtain. The JDL succeeded in moving the issue off of the back pages and on to the front pages, where it belonged. Kahane was the "Moses" for Russian Jewry. It wasn't long before the major Jewish Establishment organizations were embarrassed and forced into action, after so many years of apathy and indifference.

Russian Jews started to make aliyah by the hundreds of thousands, thanks to Rabbi Kahane's dedication and vision. But as Rabbi Kahane said, "More than what we did for Russian Jewry was what they did for the young and lost American Jewish youth who finally had a Jewish cause to fight for, and boy did they fight, without sleep and at a risk to their freedom they did that which their parents never did for their Jewish brothers and sisters who perished during the Holocaust.".

Rabbi Kahane coined the phrase "Never Again" which did not mean that a Holocaust could never happen. It meant that never again would Jews stand idly by while their brothers cry out for their help.

Rabbi Kahane was jailed many times and was sentenced to prison terms for his actions related to the campaign on behalf of Soviet Jews.

Other famous causes which Rabbi Kahane fought for included Jewish identity and continuity. Far before The Jewish Establishment realized that there was a problem, Rabbi Kahane was demanding that Jewish funds go for Jewish causes, primarily for Jewish education. He spoke out against intermarriage and assimilation among Jewish youth. He saved thousands of lost Jewish souls from spiritual destruction.

Aliyah to Israel was another key campaign launched by Rabbi Kahane. In fact, he was assassinated lecturing at an emergency Z.E.E.R.O. conference calling for the mass Aliyah of American Jewry. He directly convinced hundreds of Jewish families to make Aliyah.

Rabbi Kahane and his wife Libby, made aliyah in 1971 with their 4 children. Rabbi Kahane resided with his wife in Jerusalem from when they made aliyah until his assassination.

After Rabbi Kahane made aliyah, he formed The Kach Movement. Kach was most famous for its platform calling for the removal of the hostile Arab population from Israel, the annexation of all of the territories liberated in 1967, and to have the right of unlimited Jewish settlement there. He believed that settling the land without removing the hostile Arab enemies would be counter productive. He predicted autonomy and retreat far before Likud ever signed The Camp David Accords and before The Oslo Declaration of Principles were ever even dreamed up. He even predicted that Likud would give in to the PLO Arab Muslim Nazi terrorists.

Rabbi Kahane was despised by many for quoting Jewish sources about Jews being a chosen nation and the exclusive owners of Eretz Yisrael. Many hated him for pointing out the contradiction between authentic Judaism and Western style democracy. "Judaism is not Thomas Jefferson and The Middle East is not The Mid West.", Kahane would say. Kahane made "comfortable" Jews feel uncomfortable for forcing them to deal with the painful truth and painful answers to problems they refused to think about. He even wrote a book called Uncomfortable Questions For Comfortable Jews.

Rabbi Kahane was jailed and imprisoned many times in Israel by both Labor and Likud governments. Rabbi Kahane was the first Jew to be held under administrative detention without charges or due process. He was also the first Jew charged with "sedition" for his population exchange proposal.

Rabbi Kahane also pioneered the campaign to save Syrian and Ethiopian Jewry as well as the battle against cults and missionaries in Israel. Rabbi Kahane dreamed of creating an independent Israel which would no longer fear the goyim. He dreamed of a State of Israel that would sanctify G-d's name through Jewish power and faith in G-d.

Rabbi Kahane was elected to Knesset in 1984. He headed the quickest growing party in Israel's history. Polls predicted him receiving as many as 12 seats in The 1988 Elections. But the Bolshevik authorities in Likud and Labor joined together and illegaly banned Kahane from The 1988 Elections. If he would not have been banned from participating in the elections, Kach would have turned in to the third largest party in Israel, and he would be on the way to becoming the next Prime Minister.

He was assassinated on November 5, 1990, in New York by the same Arab Muslim Nazi terrorists that were responsible for the first World Trade Center bombing in the first act of the Islamic terrorist war on The United States on American soil. Never in Israel's History was there a bigger funeral. Never before did so many different types of Jews stand side by side together. All of the enemies of Israel celebrated his death. Many of the Leftists in Israel happily predicted the death of Rabbi Kahane's yeshiva and programs in editorials published in the Bolshevik Israeli press, shortly after his death. Much to their amazement and disappointment, Rabbi Kahane's yeshiva and programs lived on. Some have even grown and expanded despite the Bolshevik government's continued harassment and the illegal outlawing of the Kahanist movements.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 08:53:11 PM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
Re: Rabbi Meir David Kahane, ZT"L, HY"D
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 09:27:56 PM »
On the first day we come to power we must demand the extradition of Nosair and all those involved in the murder for immediate execution >:(
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 12:34:04 AM »
Pic of our belovid Rav from 1980.  After the destruction of the Temple, there was never such a leader as the Rav.
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2007, 06:54:20 PM »
What an inspiration. His grave is very modest for such a great man as him.

Offline wakeupisrael

• Junior JTFer
  • I love the smell of naplam in the morning
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 03:51:00 AM »
 :'(

its so sad the greatest leader of the jewish modern times got murderd like this will he is blood be avenged will nossair butn in hell what would i do if i caught that [censored] muslim pig who murdered the greatest rabbi in jewish history >:(
There is no god but the F16 and his messenger the prophet JDAM600.

My youtube channel:

Israelipatriot92:

http://www.youtube.com/Israelipatriot92

косово je сербия

Kosovo Is serbia!!!
CCCC

newman

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 03:57:28 AM »
Without any doubt, the greatest Jewish leader since David and Solomon.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2007, 04:30:40 PM »
On the first day we come to power we must demand the extradition of Nosair and all those involved in the murder for immediate execution >:(
I've been thinking about that for a while.  Do you think the US would actually do that?

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2007, 09:14:01 PM »
They will, despite the endless whining and terror of our "leaders" America follows the path of least resistance, if we start acting like a sovreign nation again the US will change their tune on many issues.
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

Offline EagleEye

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2007, 12:07:23 AM »
For forming the JDL, making a new ideology about fighting back and the Arab Invasion, and making the Knesset, Kahane is a huge success.

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2007, 03:28:09 AM »
What a GREAT man, Torah scholar, and teacher to mankind! I wish I could have met him just once.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2007, 05:23:34 PM »
One of my favorite sayings of the Rav that he wrote in one of his books:  "Enough weeping and wailing and the following of leaders and rabbis who are pygmies of little faith and less understanding."
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 05:25:45 PM by jdl4ever »
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

newman

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2007, 08:57:07 PM »
One of my favorite sayings of the Rav that he wrote in one of his books:  "Enough weeping and wailing and the following of leaders and rabbis who are pygmies of little faith and less understanding."

I also liked...."We must bury 'respectability' before 'respectability' buries us".

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2007, 06:46:46 AM »
you could include how he worked for the FBI to infiltrate an anti-semitic organisation.. He did everything in his life, for the jewish people. His 2 law degrees.  Him being an attorney was no doubt useful. But he regretted his degree in "international relations", he said he wouldn`t have done it if he had known how irrelevant it`d be.  I am not sure where I read/heard that, it might`ve been one of te audios on the kahane hostultra site.

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2007, 06:44:03 AM »
I hate Jihad terrorist nazi scum! >:(

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2008, 08:11:42 PM »
   My prediction is that once Moshiach comes, Rabbi Kahane will be the first to be brought back from the dead.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2008, 09:56:59 PM »
   My prediction is that once Moshiach comes, Rabbi Kahane will be the first to be brought back from the dead.
All tzaddikim will be revived at the same time, I believe.

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2008, 04:34:53 PM »
Why are there rocks on his stone?Any significance?

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2008, 04:52:25 PM »
It's a Jewish custom to place a stone on the tomb when paying it a visit. i suppose it a sign of respect and commemoration. It is also the custom to take a part in the burial by placing a handful of soil or a stone on the grave at the grave immediately after the burial ceremony.

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2008, 04:55:24 PM »
Thank you .I kind of figured that! :)