Author Topic: Confirmed:Iranian govt wants obama as president  (Read 2060 times)

Offline ASHISH

• Pro JTFer
Confirmed:Iranian govt wants obama as president
« on: April 23, 2008, 12:22:47 PM »
Read the full article

From President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's office and the sitting rooms of high-ranking mullahs to university campuses and the Farsi-language blogosphere, Iranians are following the American presidential race more avidly than ever before. That's partly because they're eager for the exit of President Bush, who branded Iran part of an "Axis of Evil" and implicitly raised the possibility of a military strike against the country over its alleged nuclear weapons program. But the Iranians' interest is also driven by a sense among many Iranians that the candidacy of Barack Obama offers real hope for repairing the U.S.-Iranian relationship. Commenting on the Iranian preference for a Democrat in the White House, Sergei Barseghian, a columnist for the reformist Etemad Meli newspaper noted that in Farsi, the words Oo ba ma would translate as "He's with us."  :o :o :o :o :-X :-X

Senator Obama would be the first to disagree with that, of course, but the sympathy his candidacy has aroused among many Iranians stems from a variety of factors, including his African heritage, his partly Muslim family ties
, and a belief that Obama would move to end Washington's 30-year Cold War with Tehran — or at least reduce the prospect of a U.S. military attack on the Islamic Republic. "I think people want him to win," Shi'ite cleric Mehdi Karroubi, the reformist former parliament speaker defeated by Ahmadinejad in Iran's 2005 presidential contest, told TIME.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 12:25:20 PM by ASHISH »

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Confirmed:Iranian govt wants obama as president
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 01:18:26 PM »
I was once told that the name Kofi Anan translated as "monkey cloud". Is that true?

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 01:20:13 PM »
I was once told that the name Kofi Anan translated as "monkey cloud". Is that true?

Maybe it means finger licking good

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 01:23:25 PM »
Well we all know that as much as muzzies hate each other, they all manage to come together to kill the infidels.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 02:47:58 PM »
Obama can also be phonetically sounded and translated as "Oh the Bomb".

It may mean that the Iranians want bombs falling on each of their heads.  ;)

With Regards... :)

There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 05:37:11 PM »

It could mean Monkish Cloud in Hebrew

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 08:37:57 PM »
wow! obama=he's with us  :o
The whole system works because everyone is not mentally ill on the same day!!!!

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2008, 01:07:19 AM »
I've always been impressed by the fact that terrorists are quite clear on who is supporting them vs. who their enemies are, but Americans are so confused about who the enemy is.  When you go to an American bookstore you will see political books of all flavors, but I've been to Muslim countries and in the bookstores the only English political books they have are stuff by Michael Moore and other America haters.  Muslims are definitely not confused about who is going to do the most damage to America, so why is such a large portion of Americans confused?

They're confused because liberal left wingers control all the messages they receive through tv and radio.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2008, 01:09:45 AM »
I've always been impressed by the fact that terrorists are quite clear on who is supporting them vs. who their enemies are, but Americans are so confused about who the enemy is.  When you go to an American bookstore you will see political books of all flavors, but I've been to Muslim countries and in the bookstores the only English political books they have are stuff by Michael Moore and other America haters.  Muslims are definitely not confused about who is going to do the most damage to America, so why is such a large portion of Americans confused?

I was going to basically say the same thing before I saw your comment.  These Iranians, who don't really know anything about the US and haven't spent a day of their lives in the US, know more about Obama's politics than Americans do. 

And if that's a scary thought, what if it's not due to a lack of knowledge and Americans actually know this and WANT this.  G-d help us.   
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris