Author Topic: Black History seems to be replacing traditional American history in Pub Schools  (Read 1103 times)

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
My son's schools has about 1-2% blacks in it, the majority are recent immigrants from Korea, India, Russia, etc.

I went to the bookstore with my son, and was shocked when I went to the 'history' section.  Well over half of the books were 'black history/culture' .

Absolutely nothing on American revolutionary war.  Very little on the civil war, except the underground railroad.  Nothing on WWI, WWII only had a book on the Tuskeegee airmen.  Tons of books on Martin Luther Kink Jr, Rosa Parks, Jesse Owens, George Washington Carver, etc etc.

Its just amazing, since there are no blacks in his school, and its not Black history month.

Brian

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
They just shove everything about blacks down peoples throats.  Why don't the theach for black history the real rot in these inner cities?
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline NRAJ

• Full JTFer
Maybe,and hopefully,that is just because those book were not being bought and the others were sold out.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
My son's schools has about 1-2% blacks in it, the majority are recent immigrants from Korea, India, Russia, etc.

I went to the bookstore with my son, and was shocked when I went to the 'history' section.  Well over half of the books were 'black history/culture' .

Absolutely nothing on American revolutionary war.  Very little on the civil war, except the underground railroad.  Nothing on WWI, WWII only had a book on the Tuskeegee airmen.  Tons of books on Martin Luther Kink Jr, Rosa Parks, Jesse Owens, George Washington Carver, etc etc.

Its just amazing, since there are no blacks in his school, and its not Black history month.

Brian

Fasten your seatbelt Brian.  Your ride through the education system is about to get bumpier.  It is not for the faint of heart.   >:(
What grade is your son in?  My daughter is in the third grade.
We have learned more about Native American, BLACK and Latin culture/history then about the founding/
Founding Fathers of our own country.
The Native Americans, Blacks and Latin people are raised up on pedestals.

A MUSIC teacher told my daughter's class about the evil man Christopher Columbus that killed all the genteel Native Americans.  I was infuriated.  Why is a MUSIC teacher even discussing that with second grade children?
I can't go on...I'm infuriated most evenings by what comes out of my daughter's backpack.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline firster555

• Senior JTFer
Yes, Brian, better fasten your seat belt, and Bullcat, you just hit a little bump so far, there are craters ahead. I have one that will be entering college next year and one in the tenth grade. The one going to college has always been in private school and the one in high school has only been in public school for high school but it is one of the specialized science schools and there were still unbelievable things.
On the AP American History tests, tests in high school for college credits, there are absolutely no questions concerning military history.
Even though my kids have always been on the top honor rolls and my daughter has been offered a few college scholarships I had to inform them that George Custer not was only a hero at Gettysburg but that he was even there.
They also knew nothing of America's first foreign war with the Barbary states.
Charles Martel, Jon Sobieski, who are they?
In grammar school in 8th grade, my son was told by a nun that the Crusaders were on a mission to find gold and forcefully convert everyone, the only reason they started.
This same nun also did not let them read the word Indian out loud from their textbooks, even if that was what was printed, they had to say Native American.
My daughter told me a question on the American history regents was, which American war came first, WWI, WWII, the Cold war or the Gulf War.
There is so much more, just put out a couple of little ones. Guaranteed one February you will be helping your kid with a report on. "The Great American Martin Luther King". :'(
As long as you educate them as to the truth it will be ok, not easy as they will be getting taught differently in school, but it will turn out ok.
Just thought I would add this funny little story. Twice that I went to my son's school on parent/teacher report card night there was a student group in the hallways collecting money to Save Dafur. Both times I informed them that if they could correctly explain the situation there to me I would donate to them. I received blank stares. I then told them, just tell me who the janjaweed is and I would donate to them, again, puzzled looks. Funny, the second time I did this I got a sneering look from another parent, definitely liberal type, I have liberal radar. Even funnier though is that she did not donate anything. Typical liberal.
Welcome to the reeducation camp.
In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man. Brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
 :'(  I fear the coming years.
Glad to know that you can still raise great kids.  O0

That is a great story.
Wish I could have been a fly on the wall and witnessed some 'liberal' angst.
Don't you know they are too special to actually donate.  ::)

It does make me feel better to know that I'm not alone in my feelings.
I promised myself to educate my child 'as to the truth' (that is a great way to put it) about 1 month in to her education years.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.