Author Topic: Everything is expensive at the Supermarkt  (Read 3727 times)

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
Everything is expensive at the Supermarkt
« on: April 28, 2008, 01:04:06 AM »
Average cost of items.. As jobs are getting sent over seas or illegals picking up cheap labor in the United States.

I been researching this and this is also not just in my neck of the woods but across the country.

Items for the average working family (Mother, Father, 2 children on average)

Food

Milk - near $3 for 1/2 gallon
Box of Cereal - near $5 in many brands
Apples - what use to be 6 apples for $1 is now 3 apples for $1
Fresh Corn Cobs - at one time you gotten 10 cobs for $1 now it 4 cobs for the same price.
Tomato - My mother use to buy 8 of them for a buck now 3 if you are lucky for that price sometimes 2.
Coffee - can of coffee $3 to $7
Lettuce - 75 cents to 1.50 for each

Forget about any meat products.  Beef, chicken, turkey that also has gone way up.

Orange Juice - I saw in the supermarket for a 1/2 gallon $3.25 for Minute Maid?  Why the oranges were grown out of gold dust?

Oranges themselves - 3 for $1 sometimes 4 for $1.  At one time you could get 8 for that amount.

RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Everything is expensive at the Supermarkt
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 01:08:20 AM »
If you notice there have been little hints in the media about a food "shortage" cropping up. An article here and there. It's as if they're trying to cause some sort of worry. They'll get people all worked up about global warming and a "global food shortage" that they won't pay attention to the one-world agenda.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 01:18:32 AM »
You can now spend easy about 100 bucks a week on food andwe are not going into other things yet this is just to put food on the table.

100 bucks and you bring home these bags hardly 4 full bags of groceries within days its almost done
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 01:22:17 AM »
The Iraq war is sucking us dry. Jorge Bushtamante needs to be thrown the hell out for what he has done. They should of just listened to jtf and bombed the hell out of Iran. That would of taken care of the security threat and we would all be richer. What a crazy situation.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 01:30:02 AM »
The Iraq war is sucking us dry. Jorge Bushtamante needs to be thrown the hell out for what he has done. They should of just listened to jtf and bombed the hell out of Iran. That would of taken care of the security threat and we would all be richer. What a crazy situation.
You can't solve every conflict with arms. The USA typically looses every war since '45.

A strong empire uses diplomacy as a tool for balance. Good diplomacy can have nice effects upon the enemy as well. I guess the USA can learn a bit from England and France in that respect.

Indeed better to bomb Iran. But now that USA is stuck in Iraq, this will not happen any time soon.
That means in 10 years, they'll have ICB nukes.

Maybe, it was better indeed not to attack S. Hussein, but to use him, to neutralise Iran (by instigating a 2nd Iran Iraq war e.g.)
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 01:32:29 AM »
Its sad that its always a lesser of the evils when its time for us to choose who to endorse. I wish we had a republican candidate who supports Israel but wanted to get the hell out of Iraq and bomb Iran Instead. That would be the best situation.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 01:38:23 AM »
All the politicians want this war to drag its feet, this war could of been done in a few days if they relent bombing from the air non stop and that would be that if he really wanted to play with Iraq not drag itself to a point we are looking at 10 years of Iraq most likely and anyone who will get elected wont stop this

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2008, 01:51:01 AM »
Why not support ayatollah-hating Iranis? I'm sure there are lots of them. I've never seen an Irani here in Belgium that even called himself muslim.
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2008, 01:57:17 AM »
Yeah, it's true.  I like running to the supermarket three or 4 times a week rather than doing a big shopping, but I drop like 30 or 40 bucks each time and leave with practically nothing to show for it. >:(

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2008, 05:47:19 AM »

It's a shame nobody listened to JTF in 2002 when Congress was discussing Iraq.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2008, 05:50:37 AM »

]You can't solve every conflict with arms. The USA typically looses every war since '45.

A strong empire uses diplomacy as a tool for balance. Good diplomacy can have nice effects upon the enemy as well. I guess the USA can learn a bit from England and France in that respect.

Indeed better to bomb Iran. But now that USA is stuck in Iraq, this will not happen any time soon.

Maybe, it was better indeed not to attack S. Hussein, but to use him, to neutralise Iran (by instigating a 2nd Iran Iraq war e.g.)

Diplomacy has been used with N.Korea for more than a decade.  Bill Clinton's administration used bilateral diplomacy and N.Korea tricked Bill's administration.  Jorge's administration has been involved in "six-party diplomacy". 

Offline Gruzinit

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2008, 09:48:02 AM »
Lets not forget oil prices are soaring through the window. Last time I checked it was a $120 dollars a barrel and growing! It makes sense that food manufacturers are increasing prices to break even.

We can also blame government intervention. The use of corn-based ethanol, in which nearly a third of corn is being diverted to make an oil that we cannot even find at our local gas station, subsidized by the with taxpayer money, causing a huge increase in corn based products as well as grain products, because less wheat is being planted. My aunt runs a bakery and last year it cost her $9 dollars for a bag (wholesale) of flour, this year she's paying $31 .
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 10:01:03 AM by Gruzinit »
The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money. – Alexis de Tocqueville

Communism is like prohibition, it's a good idea but it won't work. - Will Rogers

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2008, 10:05:47 AM »

]You can't solve every conflict with arms. The USA typically looses every war since '45.

Diplomacy has been used with N.Korea for more than a decade.  Bill Clinton's administration used bilateral diplomacy and N.Korea tricked Bill's administration.  Jorge's administration has been involved in "six-party diplomacy". 
Diplomacy may not be a synonym for being reluctant to use force.
But the day of the two superpowers(Ussr-Usa) is over.
N-Korea is a country not to be diplomat against.
They are still at war with S-Korea&USA.

(I would have nuked them in after the fall of the Soviet union, together with the PPR China and Cuba, and Saudi-R-ape-a.

No merci for stalinist mass murderers. The population will be better of with their country bombed to the stone age, then what it is now.

But for Iran, e.g. I think it would be smarter to trigger an Iran - Iraq war II.)

I suppose N-Korea and the US are good friends since 53. 8)

But at the other hand, the US government, is not to be trusted at all. Especially the Communists Clinton.

They did use force to destroy Serbia, and to protect MUSLIM UCK-Albanian criminals ILLEGALS!!!

look what they do to Israel.

I hate the US government. They are communist traitors. just like the EU.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2008, 01:00:06 PM »
I've noticed an increase on food as well, I need to learn gardening skills and grow my own food. Meat, is there anyway to hunt a animal in a kosher way? It's probably healthier and costs less.

Fishing, is that kosher?

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2008, 01:38:06 PM »
I think fishing would be kosher, as long as you kill the fish the right way.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2008, 01:39:09 PM »
I think fishing would be kosher, as long as you kill the fish the right way.

I've always taken the handle of the knife and knocked out/killed the fish so it stop moving and then gutted it, is there a specific way I am supposed to do it?

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2008, 01:42:29 PM »
I think you are instructed to kill the animal in a way which causes it the least pain possible.  As for the exact way to do this, you should probably consult a Rabbi or someone familiar with all the Kosher dietary laws. O0

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2008, 01:59:56 PM »
Average cost of items.. As jobs are getting sent over seas or illegals picking up cheap labor in the United States.

I been researching this and this is also not just in my neck of the woods but across the country.

Items for the average working family (Mother, Father, 2 children on average)

Food

Milk - near $3 for 1/2 gallon
Box of Cereal - near $5 in many brands
Apples - what use to be 6 apples for $1 is now 3 apples for $1
Fresh Corn Cobs - at one time you gotten 10 cobs for $1 now it 4 cobs for the same price.
Tomato - My mother use to buy 8 of them for a buck now 3 if you are lucky for that price sometimes 2.
Coffee - can of coffee $3 to $7
Lettuce - 75 cents to 1.50 for each

Forget about any meat products.  Beef, chicken, turkey that also has gone way up.

Orange Juice - I saw in the supermarket for a 1/2 gallon $3.25 for Minute Maid?  Why the oranges were grown out of gold dust?

Oranges themselves - 3 for $1 sometimes 4 for $1.  At one time you could get 8 for that amount.

I think the main problem here is the weak Dollar combined with the biofuel industry.

A few tips to save money:

Bake your bread yourself with flour, oil, yeast, some salt and water.  O0

Buy cheap fish like Herring and Mackerel.  O0

Buy potatoes, onions and oil in catering size.  O0

Dig up your garden in order to plant wine, tomatoes, fruit trees and vegetables!  O0

Here is the grandmaster of self-sufficiency: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Seymour_%28author%29

and his books:

I know there are some special rules for Jews in farming. Perhaps you should ask Chaim, Lubab or Judeanoncapta  before you start.  :)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 02:03:18 PM by Golden Pheasant »
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2008, 04:04:31 PM »
And this is just an expense for food,, there are other living expenses that is expensive

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2008, 05:09:59 PM »
MasterWolf1:  "...this is just an expense for food,, there are other living expenses that is expensive..."

The Constitution doesn't guarantee the "right to eat"!

Nor does it guarantee the "right to live with a roof over your head"!

We should all be free to find a nice cardboard box...one which we could think of as "home".

Some discarded newspapers make for wonderful 'matching decor' blankets at night.

Expensive food a problem?

Why hassle with boogies at the MacDonald's window who can't even count out change?

Just go rummage in some trash bins or garbage back in the alley...good eatin' and free of charge!

Smoker?...Fed up with $8 per pack cigarettes in NY City?

Just look at all the free cigarette butts on the streets everywhere...sometimes even a choice cigar butt for "those special moments spent in repose".

Need a little "freshing up"?

No problem...almost every parked car has a rear view side mirror, and should you get "really lucky" and find a car left unlocked, consider it your own personal "Port-a-Potty"!

Need some money?

Soon, you'll smell so bad that the nicely dressed people will give you real dollar bills when you "grunt" at them and stick your hand out!

Each year when it's time for you "complete physical", just wander out in traffic and pretend to be hit by a late model car...you'll be in good doctor's hands before you know it!...all paid for at taxpayers' expense!

Think of it!...never again will you worry about being "one or two paychecks away from homelessness" like all those others in your town!

This is the "true prescription for total self-reliance"!

Don't be misled by fancy books convincing you that all you have to do is move out on some land to raise your own food and be self-sufficient!...Every hippie in San Francisco did that exact same thing back in 1968, and just look at where it got them today!

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2008, 05:52:02 PM »
;D

Hey MassuhDGoodName,

the books are very good. I practice a lot of the stuff in it already.

In addition to that it is healthy to be a few hours in your garden. Fresh air, sun and some gratis workout.

P.S.:
Nobody is complete self-sufficient. It is only a useful hobby for one or two hours the day and only the little skinflints get the big money ;)

Skinflint is a translation. We say "Saving-Fox" ;D

« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 05:55:32 PM by Golden Pheasant »
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2008, 06:04:21 PM »
GoldenPheasant:  "...Nobody is complete self-sufficient..."

Yes, I know!   ;D

Modern civilization means reliance on others for almost everything!

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2008, 06:16:16 PM »
GoldenPheasant:  "...Nobody is complete self-sufficient..."

Yes, I know!   ;D

Modern civilization means reliance on others for almost everything!

True!

I have thought about buying me an electric flour mill in order to save extra money. I have found one great mill on ebay. A short time before the auction ended, I thought - I am a fool. Buy the big pack flour and you are done.

The same thing with oil, shugar, onions and potatoes. :)