Author Topic: Ambiorix, food for JTF get-together  (Read 1762 times)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Ambiorix, food for JTF get-together
« on: April 28, 2008, 11:15:16 PM »
How about barbecue chicken (kosher) and Hebrew National beef hot dogs? There could be a kosher barbecue sauce and some kosher side dishes and desserts (probably not including dairy because of the beef hot dogs). Maybe salad with italian dressing, boiled eggs, delicious green vegetables, maybe fruit salad for dessert?

Just some ideas.

Maybe someone could make some sort of matza dish with all the talk of matza lately. :)

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
Re: Ambiorix, food for JTF get-together
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 11:16:58 PM »
You're making me hungry Ruby. 

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 11:22:35 PM »
My stomach is growling.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 12:36:25 AM »
How about barbecue chicken (kosher) and Hebrew National beef hot dogs? There could be a kosher barbecue sauce and some kosher side dishes and desserts (probably not including dairy because of the beef hot dogs). Maybe salad with italian dressing, boiled eggs, delicious green vegetables, maybe fruit salad for dessert?

Just some ideas.

Maybe someone could make some sort of matza dish with all the talk of matza lately. :)

if we have certain observant jews joining, it should be a kashered bbq..I know i know..but yes..it's only logical..i just don't konw how a bbq grill shoudl be kashered.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 01:07:07 AM »
Barbecue can be kosher, right?

I'm pretty sure I saw a U symbol on some barbecue sauces.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 01:08:06 AM »
Yeah. And make the dessert parve please or something non-dairy.
I hate it when after having a nice meat meal the only dessert is with dairy. 

That's why I was thinking of a fruit salad. It would be delicious, sweet, and healthy too, plus it wouldn't require dairy, just mixed chilled fruit.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 01:10:16 AM »
I would love to have a jtf meeting even if their is no food served.  ;)
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2008, 01:14:23 AM »
There are a lot of recipes that are supposed to taste like dairy but actually use soft tofu. I haven't tried those recipes so I'm not sure how they really taste, but they're supposed to be just like the real thing. People make pies with it and stuff.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2008, 01:37:36 AM »
How about fish?  A nice baked cod.  Can you BBQ fish?  I'm not sure.  Tuna steaks I have seen BBQ'd, but I don't like those, lol.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2008, 06:24:10 AM »
Most BBQ SAUCES ARE KOSHER OR IT CAN BE MADE AT HOME
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2008, 02:34:28 PM »

Just some ideas.

Hebrew National are problematic in terms of kashrut.. I have heard of some controversy there.

There is more to kashrut than the makes. For it to be properly kosher, cutlery e.t.c. has to have been to a mikvah keilim...  It should be done by somebody who is strictly orthodox and knows what he is doing already regarding kashrut..  People who don't know about kashrut already, should not be planning the kashrut details!

I have had times when I have eaten at a secular jewish friend's house, and they have gone to the trouble of getting a kosher make of burger, but then cooked it in their oven, which has of course had non kosher things in there.    They always thought it strange that I didn't eat anything.  Another secular friend more sensibly would give paper plates and a packet of bamba snacks!

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2008, 04:09:28 PM »
<snip>
I'm bumming myself out feeling like I'm raining on people's parade, lol.  :-\

Goodness me, that does sound bizaare. We aren't all american you know!