Author Topic: Torn in the new South Africa  (Read 897 times)

Offline AriseSouthAfrica

• Senior JTFer
Torn in the new South Africa
« on: April 29, 2008, 05:56:28 PM »
Torn in the new South Africa

In January 2004, expatriate Bronwyn McIntosh wrote an Internet article entitled Dangers Of South Africa: Fear Of Crime.

That October she was denounced as a racist by President Thabo Mbeki in his weekly column.

Now she is writing a book based on the correspondence that ensued with hundreds of people around the world.

"I will always be split in two - did I make the right decision? And I will ever have a life that straddles the ocean - a foot on each continent. I will not ever be completely whole again."

These were my words written in an article four years ago. I wrote of feelings personal to myself and my experience, never for a moment thinking it would trigger an emotional deluge.

The passage is the one quoted by most expats who correspond with me. It aptly communicates feelings that never leave them. A continuous stream of e-mails arrive weekly for me, from all over the world. The ebb and flow depends on the time of year and events on the political and economic stage.

In four years, this has never stopped. Many describe intense emotional upheaval upon leaving South Africa (and the experiences that led to their decision). They feel torn at "having" to leave and their families are torn apart by their departure.

Others remain in South Africa (and want to leave) but describe their ambivalence - they ask me for help and guidance with their decision. Their desire to leave is triggered by a fear for their future.

Fear fuels most of the departures. The major fear is crime - most people have experienced violent crime and been touched by it in a myriad of ways. They tell me that these days, the fences are higher, the steel bars and safety doors have multiplied and are stronger and the criminals are becoming cleverer. Despite all of that, people feel that it's simply "a matter of time" before crime will affect their family and they want to stay ahead of the statistics.

South Africa draws a passionate response from people. Students, tourists, businesspeople who've visited the country for a short period of time write about how deeply the visit affected them and, in some instances, changed their life path. These people want to return.

Others write and thank me for changing the course of their life because they read my article and decided not to go and live in South Africa. Do I feel good about that? No. That was not my intent.

When I receive letters asking for information about visiting the country, I encourage them to go and see South Africa. I explain that I haven't lived there in six years and I cannot give them advice about safety. I also tell them that South Africa is a unique country and culture and they will fall in love with it.

Read More:
http://www.int.iol.co.za/index.php?newslett=1&art_id=vn20080407060113831C136313&click_id=79&set_id=1&em=54602a6a20080407at
Let G_d arise, let his enemies be scattered: let them also that hate him flee before him. (Psalm 68:1)

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
Re: Torn in the new South Africa
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 10:08:31 PM »
this really touched my feelings....if you say you love your people your are white racist this days, if you fight for your people you are criminal, if you defend your home you are white rasist murderer...
what this black savages think? we outsiders are stupid or something? they think we do not know what they are doing to white heroes overthere? they think leftist media can hide the truth from us europeans?
well you are wrong black nazi pigs
Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,

Offline AriseSouthAfrica

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 01:56:27 AM »
Thank you serbian army! I am so glad you are our friend and that you can see our plight!
I believe we shall overcome,the truth will shine in the end!

We also see your plight and will always be your friends and allies!
Let G_d arise, let his enemies be scattered: let them also that hate him flee before him. (Psalm 68:1)

Offline Boeregeneraal

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 10:00:33 PM »
Thank you very much my serbian brother for your support. You are an allie of the whites of africa!

We also see your plight and will always be your friends and allies!
Yes Absolutely! We will provide the Israeli's and Serbians with all the resources they need! South Africa will also be a sympathetic country that will provide refuge for our serb brothers being oppressed by the world.

May G-D bless our peoples!