Author Topic: Affirmative Action can cost lives  (Read 1717 times)

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
Affirmative Action can cost lives
« on: April 30, 2008, 02:18:11 AM »
This affirmative action supervisor got four of the people under his command killed because of his stupidity. He screwed up so badly that the government filed charges for his poor decision making during the wildfire.

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/breaking/story.asp?ID=14744

Supervisor pleads guilty in Thirtymile fire case
Bill Morlin
Staff writer
April 29, 2008

Ellreese Daniels pleaded guilty today in U.S. District Court in Spokane to a federal crime associated with the deaths of four firefighters during the Thirtymile Fire near Winthrop, Wash.

The 47-year-old midlevel supervisor with the U.S. Forest Service pleaded guilty to two counts of making false statements to federal investigators, which is a federal misdemeanor.

He had been charged with four counts of involuntary manslaughter, all felonies, and seven counts of making false statements during the fire investigation conducted by the U.S. Department of Agriculture.

The case has attracted nationwide attention, particularly within the ranks of crews who fight forest fires. It is one of the first cases where a fire incident commander was charged criminally for decisions that led to the deaths of firefighters.

While some survivors supported the criminal prosecution of Daniels, others who know him have come to his support and say he was unfairly singled out. One group of supporters started a "Free Ellreese" Web site, collecting comments from across the country.

Daniels had been scheduled to stand trial next Monday. The jury trial was expected to last four weeks or more and involve 50 witnesses.

Daniels was accused of making command decisions that put the four firefighters in harm's way during a fast-moving wildfire. The Thirtymile fire, as it became known, started on July 9, 2001, and ultimately burned more than 10,000 acres in the Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest, about 22 miles north of Winthrop.

At a hearing one week ago, Assistant U.S. Attorney Tom Hopkins said a last-minute plea bargain with Daniels appeared doubtful. He said the prosecution was pressing for a felony if any plea deal was made.

Assistant Federal Defender Tina Hunt said at the hearing that her client wouldn't plead to a felony.

A book, "The Thirtymile Fire," also was written about the wildfire. Its author, John Maclean, is due to speak at Auntie's Bookstore on May 8.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Affirmative Action can cost lives
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 07:39:09 AM »
I don't trust black health professionals because you never know whether or not they were passed through medical or dental school due to affirmative action or not. I've heard a lot of affirmative action stories about surgeons, etc. that scare the heck out of me.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 10:51:41 AM »
Rubystars:  "...I don't trust black health professionals because you never know whether or not they were passed through medical or dental school due to affirmative action or not. I've heard a lot of affirmative action stories about surgeons, etc. that scare the heck out of me..."

One of the funniest things I ever read was a "population survey" conducted recently which had as one of its conclusions the fact that white people were revulsed at the thought of going to a negro dentist because they viewed black fingers as "being dirty" and "filthy" and therefore the thought of black fingers inside their mouths made them gag and want to vomit; whereas with a white dentist they knew that white skin couldn't hide and cover up any dirt!   :::D

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 12:42:08 PM »
I'm sure they would wash their hands before they did any work, so that's not really my thought. I don't think their hands are "dirty" or anything like that. I just would question whether or not they were passed through school because of their race or not. I'd rather go to a white dentist out of personal preference, not because I think black hands are dirty. I ate at barbecue restaurants owned by blacks and I never questioned the quality of the food.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 01:14:18 PM »
Is things really so bad? Are you saying that "House" and "Chicago Hope" don't reflect reality??

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 01:16:03 PM »
Is things really so bad? Are you saying that "House" and "Chicago Hope" don't reflect reality??

If they can't even manage the English language are you going to trust them with your heart?

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 01:56:15 PM »
I was being sarcastic, but seriously we have in Israel some good Arab doctors, with very good reputation, so I would trust a doctor if I've got good recommendations about him/her. 

It is always adviceable to go to a doctor you can trust and have heard about.

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2008, 04:11:02 PM »
The problem too is that if you are truly qualified and are black, anyone can always say its because of affirmative action.  The crazy part are doctors, fire chiefs, construction managers etc. who are in positions they can't handle.  Then you end up with dead employees and customers.  Soemone should sue for this issue.

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2008, 04:57:35 PM »
What a joke. Whatever happened to Irish firemen?

They've been replaced with affirmative blacktion  ;D