Author Topic: rav meir's bio by his wife...  (Read 1651 times)

Offline nikmatdam

• Pro JTFer
  • one of my earliest rebbeim/rav nachman bulman zt"l
rav meir's bio by his wife...
« on: April 30, 2008, 03:02:05 PM »
sensational... i highly recommend this book... i can't put it down... almost 200 pages in now... anyone who really wants to know or get an insight into the real meir kahane... who he really was and what he actually was like... will get this book and read it cover to cover... including the footnotes which add so much to their respective chapters... nik. out...
"i am nikmatdam... humble and imperfect servant of Hashem... and i yearn for redemption but i absolutely ache for Divine justice and vengeance..."

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: rav meir's bio by his wife...
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 04:47:53 PM »
sensational... i highly recommend this book... i can't put it down... almost 200 pages in now... anyone who really wants to know or get an insight into the real meir kahane... who he really was and what he actually was like... will get this book and read it cover to cover... including the footnotes which add so much to their respective chapters... nik. out...

How is the title of the book and has it an ISBN-number?

"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 05:13:59 PM »

Thank you, I will look for it.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 05:58:35 PM »
I find him speaking/debating more riveting.

http://www.urimpublications.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=UP&Product_Code=Kahane

RABBI MEIR KAHANE: His Life and Thought (Volume One: 1932-1975)
Hardcover, 761 pages (including index) + 32 additional pages of photos
ISBN 978-965-524-008-5
publication: 2008
Published by the Institute for the Publication of the Writings of Rabbi Meir Kahane
Distributed by Urim Publications
written by Rebbetzin Libby Kahane

She is working on volume 2.

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 06:19:01 PM »

http://www.urimpublications.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=UP&Product_Code=Kahane

ISBN 978-965-524-008-5
Published by the Institute for the Publication of the Writings of Rabbi Meir Kahane

Thank you  O0
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 06:31:06 PM »
Who was Eliot Jager of the Jerusalem post was he a member of the JDL i don'nt like his review     
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 06:39:08 PM »
Who was Eliot Jager of the Jerusalem post was he a member of the JDL i don'nt like his review     

he`s obviously a nobody like most people! 

anybody who was in the jdl is not going to be writing for the jerusalem post.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2008, 08:38:27 PM »

rabbi kahane developed.. I think the "real rabbi kahane" / the one we are most familiar with, will come out in volume 2 !

What is incredible was how he started..
As some may have heard in the interview libby kahane gave tamar, regarding the book.

while rabbi kahane, from a religious zionist family, was studying at mir(a really advanced charedi yeshiva, he was probably the only zionist there), he payed his way by delivering papers in the morning. At one point he was a taxi driver to get by.     When he came out of high school, he knew tenach really well, and was fluent in hebrew, but had not learnt talmud, and he found it difficult at Mir, but soon he became one of the top students, and eventually of course obtained smicha from Mir.  And he got his secular degrees too , history, law,  which helped him do what he did.  He struggled with his stutter, even going to classes to get it sorted out.

I heard him say in one of his audios online, that he was really into basketball, but he gave that up.

So He really developed religiously.    He was a real red blooded american!  There is a picture of him proudly sitting on the bonnet of his car!  It seems to me that he transformed alot of that around the time his children were growing up..   He went to israel when he was needed to run the JDL.. Because he wanted his son Binyamin to speak hebrew naturally and fluently..   That is what I recall from the book anyway.  On youtube, we largely saw him from 1985-1990.

Rabbi Kahane was a very multi faceted man.. you can see from the different types of talks he gave. And He probably spent alot of time away from home.. But,   in my opinion, when at home, he would have been first and foremost a father and husband.. Not even talking to his wife about his debates and things.. and about any violent activities done by the JDL..  Libby Kahane is a librarian.  To Meir Kahane, she would have been a nice jewish wife. And she is quite a quiet religious woman.  Infact, Libby Kahane got alot of material for the book, from FBI records. The FBI tracked every step rabbi kahane made!  You do see the letters he wrote to his children.. as he spent alot of time in prison.  You do really see the husband/father side of rabbi kahane, in the book, that`s a side you would not really see from his talks.  Those early years covered by the book seem to be more about preparation for what was to come.  I liked the book, as a fan of anything about rabbi kahane!

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 04:48:27 AM »

ISBN 978-965-524-008-5

Thank you  O0

Thanks O0

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2008, 07:14:31 PM »
we should "make sure" Chaim sends her some stories for vol 2  !
so,  1976-1990
it would improve it, and get chaim a well deserved mention.

she actually asked for people to send her any personal recollections.

her email address is
MrsLkahan  AT  yahooDOT cee oh em

change AT and DOT and cee oh em , to the obvious.

I wrote the email address like that (munged) for technical reasons. Sometimes once an email is posted on the web, software finds it and sends spam.

we shoudn`t all email her.. I just wrote her email address because when I said chaim should send her stories, the sentence would have been incomplete had I not mentioned that.. So, you see how easy it is for him or anybody with recollections, to do that!

Chaim`s story about the guy with one arm is amazing.. I don`t know which ask jtf that is, and what year.
His story about when he was 14 is good, though that may be a bit early for vol 2.
Maybe people have other ideas.. this is really one for chaim.. he must be overflowing with stories.