Author Topic: Who are the "Haredim"?  (Read 1024 times)

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
Who are the "Haredim"?
« on: May 06, 2008, 12:43:06 PM »
There are videos of them on zootube harassing Christians in Israel, I wondered what that was all about  ???

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Who are the "Haredim"?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 06:46:18 PM »
Haredim are just very religious jews..
They do just enough work to support their Torah lifestyle, learning and prayer and observing judaism. They think that is all that matters.

Israel has let in lots and lots of chrisitan missionaries (probably to provoke religious jews). These missionaries sometimes dress as jews e.g. jews4jesus, and they use tricks to make jews believe in jesus, by any means possible. They will not say they are christians.. Recently a group handed out telephone numbers for shiurim(religious jewish term for lectures), claiming they were a yeshiva  (religious jewish learning seminary).. Of course they were preaching chrisitanity subtly..     Even in america, they are very active, avoiding the name jesus incase it scares jews off...  In Israel they are getting stronger and sneakier.. and preying on ignorant jews..

So some religious jews come out when they see that a missionary is in the vicinity handing out literature, and they harass them, to try to get rid of them.

The purpose of these videos on youtube, is to turn christians against jews. to ruin the relationship between jews and christians in support of israel. So they would not tell you the real story.. the above.

of course, christians should and Do support israel because "he who blesses israel shall be blessed" Genesis.  And many , such as those here, support israel without missionizing.

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 06:56:47 PM »
Ahh gotcha.. that's why one of the Jews in a video was saying "he's not a real Jew" etc..  ;D But another Haredi was telling an Israeli that "Christians are evil, don't talk to them".. I found that pretty strange too.

Chaim harshly criticizes the Haredim type Jews that only believe in studying Torah, as opposed to going to the military.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 08:29:30 PM »
Ahh gotcha.. that's why one of the Jews in a video was saying "he's not a real Jew" etc..  ;D But another Haredi was telling an Israeli that "Christians are evil, don't talk to them".. I found that pretty strange too.

Chaim harshly criticizes the Haredim type Jews that only believe in studying Torah, as opposed to going to the military.

One of the things about Haredim is they lived in very closed off communities.. And the only christians they have ever seen are missionaries..

Infact,  in britain there are hardly any religious christians, and the only contact jews have with religious christians , are missionaries. 

JTF is quite a rare organisation, having jews and christians working together like this.   Tovia Singer manages it too on his show - though I find his show a bit annoying, I don't listen to it.. 
It can only happen in America.  Not in israel, or britain, or prob anywhere in europe.. America has many religious sincere righteous bible believing christians.

In britain, any religious christians are more likely to ask a jew if he has horns!! ok, that was around 10 years ago, but there are many stories like that.

My cousin used to play football with christians, they liked him, but asked him if he had horns under his funny little hat. He joked that they only come out at night. They actually believed him.
And a jewish studies teacher when I was in secondary school, said he was sitting down having a portrait done by one of those street artists, and somebody whispered to somebody else quite loudly "look carefully, you might see his horns".

The idea that jews have horns, comes from christians using a wrong christian translation, where they translate  rays of light, as in the rays coming from moses's face, as Horns. And from there they got the idea that jews have horns.. And christians hated jews all over europe quite blatantly, it has been like that all the way up to the holocaust! Jews as devils, jews having horns, e.t.c.

I can tell you that as a kid I used to think about how jews were thrown into the fire and christians holding crucifixes at them screaming "SATAN", with wild eyes..  As jews , myself included, burnt in the fire.. imagining my eyes, testicles, the pain, everything burning..   It's really alot scarier than muslims.  Many jews when threatened with christianity or death, they chose death, and jumped into fire. Muslims were very civilised compared to christians..

So after 2000 years of persecution from christians, it is firmly etched in the jewish psyche..
The way I see it, it is only in the past few decades, in america, that a new brand of christians are emerging, righteous christians. And in europe things have improved, as people dropped christianity completely.

(still, even in america, where there is a movement of religious righteous christians many are just out to convert us, and are only friendly for that reason. But there ar,e sincere christians, as you see in JTF - though a few have been kicked out for missionizing)