Author Topic: Jewish view on afterlife?  (Read 1057 times)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Jewish view on afterlife?
« on: May 23, 2008, 02:36:11 PM »
So I have heard varied explanations on afterlife in Judaism, some have claimed that there is "the world to come" and others claim there is no afterlife in Judaism, only a resurrection. Opinion on this?

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Jewish view on afterlife?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 02:49:54 PM »
So I have heard varied explanations on afterlife in Judaism, some have claimed that there is "the world to come" and others claim there is no afterlife in Judaism, only a resurrection. Opinion on this?

Whoever told you their is not after-life wasn't telling you something from Judaism. It was probably deform.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 02:55:20 PM »

Whoever told you their is not after-life wasn't telling you something from Judaism. It was probably deform.

That is weird, I was in a Kahanist room on paltalk and he was saying "heaven is only for G-d and the angels" but I remember hearing that the only afterlife was mentioned was Gehenna which was explained as a place of purification for the soul. The same guy claimed that was nonsense and that the only thing guaranteed was a resurrection. I've also heard various different beliefs on afterlife from different sects of Judaism.

Also quoted this

Job 7:9; "As the cloud is consumed and vanisheth away: so he that goeth down to the grave shall come up no more."

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 02:47:43 AM »

Perhaps I am too 'opinionated' but Jews go straight to G-d in Heaven, we have served our time in h*ll here, ESPECIALLY victims of the holocaust and  the survivors. Perhaps I am wrong- Perhaps it is just an opinion. But, I SEE the great love that G-d has for his people..........The Children of Israel. ~Arrogant? Perhaps. But, it IS my faith that sustains me, in the darkest hours, G-d is omnipotent. "I will never leave, nor forsake thee"  So, I see this also as Heaven, and eternity.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 03:54:31 AM »
really, to be honest...WHO CARES about any after life or antying like that...have faith that there is a world to come...and live your life!  And live it as righteously as possible.

It is dumb and insane, in my opinion, to worry about the after life in this life.  Worry about living because you only get one chance!
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein