Author Topic: Barack 'jimmy carter' Obama the gift that just keeps giving  (Read 2588 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
http://www.ibdeditorials.com/IBDArticles.aspx?id=296176363619228

Email To Friend | Print

Barack Carter Obama
By INVESTOR'S BUSINESS DAILY | Posted Tuesday, May 20, 2008 4:20 PM PT

Mideast: He views Iran's nuclear threat as "tiny." He'd meet with its leader, who is pledged to Israel's destruction. His adviser wants Israel to disarm. Clearly, Barack Obama is running for Jimmy Carter's second term.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read More: Election 2008 | Iran

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If we've been particularly hard on Sen. Obama in recent days, it's because he's a gift that keeps on giving. He consistently demonstrates his lack of qualifications to be commander in chief based on experience, worldview and judgment.

His latest foray into dangerous naivete came while campaigning Sunday in Pendleton, Ore. He told the assembled multitude: "Iran? Cuba? Venezuela? — these countries are tiny compared to the Soviet Union. They don't pose a threat to us the way the Soviet Union posed a threat to us."

He went on to defend his policy of "aggressive personal diplomacy" and called for "tough, disciplined and direct diplomacy. That's what Kennedy did. That'd what Reagan did."

Well, not quite.

Kennedy in his inaugural address pledged that "we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty." That doesn't sound like Obama's policy on Iraq or anywhere else.

Yes, Kennedy talked to Khrushchev. But the Soviet leader came away from that summit so unimpressed with the young and untested American president that the following year he put nuclear missiles in Cuba targeted on American cities. Kennedy was forced to blockade Cuba and risk nuclear war.

We can't risk that with Iran. As John McCain points out, Iran, unlike the Soviet Union, is directly and daily involved in the killing of Americans through training of Iraqi insurgents and arming them with deadly improvised explosive devices. It is a state sponsor of terror that supports Hezbollah in its attempt to turn democratic Lebanon into an Islamofascist state.

Obama said that Reagan's "direct negotiation" with Gorbachev "over time allowed the kind of opening that brought down the Berlin Wall." What brought down the Berlin Wall, and the Soviet Union, was Reagan's unrelenting resistance to and confrontation with the "evil empire" based on his strategy of "we win, they lose." That was how Reagan "negotiated" with Gorbachev.

Yes, Reagan talked with Gorbachev. But he resisted the Soviet advance from Nicaragua to Grenada to Afghanistan. He put Pershing missiles in Europe. He launched the Strategic Defense Initiative and said "nyet" when Gorbachev wanted us to deal it away. When Reagan said, "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall," the end of the Cold War already was a fait accompli.

Would Obama have done or said any of this?

Obama wants to talk with Iran. But the question he refuses to answer is what he'd tell Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. Obama dislikes being called an appeaser. But would he say to Iran: No deal unless you disown and disarm Hezbollah? We doubt it. More likely he'd sacrifice a country such as Lebanon to Tehran's ambitions in a modern-day Munich.

In his book, "Bomb Scare: The History and Future of Nuclear Weapons," Obama adviser Joseph Cirincione, director of nuclear policy at the center for American Progress, says he favors Israel giving up its nuclear weapons to ensure Iran doesn't obtain nukes. That's called appeasement.

Cirincione also was quoted in 2006 calling Israel's 1981 raid on Iraq's nuclear reactor a "failure." But the raid on Saddam Hussein's Osirak nuclear reactor was an unqualified success that kept the Iraqi dictator from having a nuclear weapon when he invaded Iran a decade later.

McCain said that Obama's view of Iran as a "tiny" threat, a view not shared by the Israelis, "betrays the depth of Sen. Obama's inexperience and reckless judgment. These are very serious deficiencies for an American president to possess." Indeed they are.

Obama responded during a campaign stop Monday in Billings, Mont.: "The Soviet Union had thousands of nuclear weapons, and Iran doesn't have one." And he'll probably believe that right up to the moment the phone rings at 3 a.m. and he hears: "Mr. President, Tel Aviv has been nuked."

Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Cyberella

• Master JTFer
Re: Barack 'jimmy carter' Obama the gift that just keeps giving
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 04:06:49 PM »
He's already making plans for his presidency..drug out the wife and kids looking all 'First Family for photo ops. (GAG)
Will nothing stop this @$^&! ?

Offline rob shepherd

• Full JTFer
  • We will be victorious!!
    • myspace.com
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 07:49:35 PM »
This guy is nothing like Ronald Reagan.  He's more like Joseph Stalin in a Muslim/Nazi/terrorist kinda way.  What sickens me is that people in AMERICA believe every word he says.  Of course the majority of his supporters are black so that tells you alot.  They are like dogs that bites the hand that feeds them.  I am using the aforementioned statement as an example.  They don't care if he is a Muslim/Nazi/vermin, all they care about is he's black.  They think he will put it to whitey and the Jew boy as they say.  The majority of blacks are more racist than the KKK/white trash ever thought to be.  I myself feet that there are some dreadful times coming upon AMERICA and ISRAEL soon, so we all must be ready to help each other in any way we can.  I see Osama as another Chamberlain in the 30's, IGNORANT.  But he is also smart and very evil.  As far as I am concerned he will see Imagonnacleanajohn as a brother in Islam/Nazism/terrorism.  He's no different than Osama bin Laden, Imagonnacleanajohn that is.  We need to destroy the current regime in Iran/sewerhole before Osama takes office.  As for comparing Osama to Carter/Mr. Planter, he's much worse than Carter ever hoped to be.  God bless AMERICA and ISRAEL!!!!!
Rob Shepherd, proud AMERICAN infidel

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 07:50:58 PM »
G-D help us if that Mussie gets elected

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 02:56:46 AM »
G-D help us if that Mussie gets elected

G-d Forbid, this beast grows an African jungle in the White House, that will destroy all America and the West  :(

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 02:54:16 PM »
People need to be reminded about the hostage crisis from when Carter was president and how Iran's president was involved in it. 

Offline rob shepherd

• Full JTFer
    • myspace.com
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 07:13:52 PM »
Very true.  Carter should have told Iran to release our people or face the wrath of the AMERICAN people.  But if he had done that, they would have laughed at him like the joke he was.  God bless AMERICA and ISRAEL.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 08:46:39 PM »
Very true.  Carter should have told Iran to release our people or face the wrath of the AMERICAN people.  But if he had done that, they would have laughed at him like the joke he was.  G-d bless AMERICA and ISRAEL.
Carter spent most of his presidency mothballing the Navy and cutting back on military spending. When he did try to send some helicopters into Iran to try and free the hostages they were so worn out and unmaintained that many of them crashed in the desert. The filthy Ayatollah Khomeini must have been in his glory. That all changed the moment Reagan come into office. In fact the hostages were set free as Reagan was taking office
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline rob shepherd

• Full JTFer
    • myspace.com
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 09:26:30 PM »
And lets not forget that it was him that put Noriega in power in Nicuagra.  God bless AMERICA and ISRAEL!!!!!

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2008, 09:34:17 PM »
And lets not forget that it was him that put Noriega in power in Nicuagra.  G-d bless AMERICA and ISRAEL!!!!!

Noriego was in Panama.

I think your right Yacov but now you reminded me of Carter giving up the rights to the Panama Canal. The fact he did that really makes me sick.

Offline rob shepherd

• Full JTFer
    • myspace.com
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2008, 10:05:57 PM »
My mistake, it was Ortega, I get two scumbags mixed up.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2008, 10:33:55 PM »
My mistake, it was Ortega, I get two scumbags mixed up.
Yes I had to think about it also when Yacov said Panama. I had completely forgot about Ortega until you mentioned him.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2008, 10:54:31 PM »
Ortega is a good brand of tortilla chips too.  O0 ;D

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2008, 10:57:54 PM »
We will never give up our nukes!
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline Katie

• Full JTFer
  • OBAMA SUCKS
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2008, 03:16:49 PM »
ah i can't stand carter and obama!!! if obama is elected he'll be remembered as one of the worst presidents just like jimmy carter
"Over the last 15 months, we've traveled to every corner of the United States. I've now been in 57 states? I think one left to go." - Barack Obama

haha

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2008, 07:19:44 PM »
ah i can't stand carter and obama!!! if obama is elected he'll be remembered as one of the worst presidents just like jimmy carter

if oSSama gets elected, he'll be without a doubt the worst president in entire U.S. history!

Offline rob shepherd

• Full JTFer
    • myspace.com
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2008, 12:03:15 PM »
Don't know about that.  Can't get much worse than Bill (flag burnin' draftdodger) Clinton and his husband.  Afterall, he proudly gave us NAFTA and GAT.  A pile of dung has more uses than all three of them though.  God bless AMERICA and ISRAEL!!!!!