Author Topic: OBAMA CAMPAIGN SAYS THEY HAVE PLAN THAT WILL CRUSH McCAIN IN NOVEMBER  (Read 2310 times)

Offline Cyberella

• Master JTFer
US elections: Barack Obama juggernaut 'will crush John McCain'
By Toby Harnden in Des Moines, Iowa
21/05/2008

Senator Barack Obama has established a battle-tested 50-state grassroots organisation and fundraising “juggernaut” that will crush John McCain in November, according to his senior advisers.

With the Illinois senator declaring himself “within reach” of the Democratic nomination after achieving a majority of the pledged delegates - those allocated by vote - on Tuesday, his campaign has already pivoted to preparing for the general election against Mr McCain, the presumptive Republican nominee.

Although publicly heaping praise on Hillary Clinton, Mr Obama’s Democratic rival, and carefully avoiding putting pressure on her to drop out before the final states vote on June 3rd, the Illinois senator’s staff is impatient to launch a full-scale offensive against Mr McCain.

But they believe that the ferocious fight Mrs Clinton has put up has helped them build an organisation of unprecedented strength.

“I don’t think John McCain realises what he’s in for,” said one adviser. “We’ve created a juggernaut,” said another, “and it’s going to overwhelm him.”

They cite their internet fundraising operation, the grassroots organising network that secured victory over Mrs Clinton by winning a series of caucus states and hundreds of thousands of idealistic young volunteers as crucial advantages over Mr McCain.

Democrats have attracted colossal numbers of new voters - in just seven primary states in March and April, some one million new party members were registered.

At Mr Obama’s campaign headquarters in Chicago, the focus is firmly on the general election. Even on primary day on Tuesday with contests against Mrs Clinton in Kentucky and Oregon a large sign in the open plan office announced: “Countdown to Nov 4th -167 days”.

Joe Trippi, a Democratic consultant who pioneered some of the successful grassroots and internet techniques when he ran Howard Dean’s campaign in 2004, said that John McCain is already in “deep, deep trouble” because of a poor organisation and an anaemic fundraising total of about a fifth of the $500 million raised by Mr Obama and Mrs Clinton.

“Obama’s got the strongest organisation in history because of what he’s done with the internet and plugging volunteers into the paid organisers operation. McCain’s team is in a shambles. He has no organisation and no grassroots fundraising operation.”

More than 100 staff and volunteers, the majority of them in their 20s and dressed casually, work in the Obama headquarters, leased from the consulting firm Accenture on the 11th floor of a downtown skyscraper.

The atmosphere is akin to that of an internet start-up company - relaxed but with an earnest calm. Only a handful of senior staff have glass offices and there is none for Mr Obama himself, who drops in every time he returns to Chicago.

Although Mrs Clinton scored a 35-point victory in Kentucky, Mr Obama’s comfortable double-digit win in Oregon put him a whisker away from securing the Democratic nomination. On Thursday, he begins a three-day trip to Florida, a key swing state that is a must-win for Mr McCain.

Mr Obama has quietly begun to take over the Democratic party. Paul Tewes, who masterminded the Iowa victory in January that stunned Mrs Clinton and set Mr Obama on the path to the nomination, is expected to expected to run the party during the general election.

There have also been overtures to key members of Mrs Clinton’s staff.

David Axelrod, Mr Obama’s chief strategist, is understood to have held talks with Patti Solis Doyle, a senior Clinton adviser who was ousted as her campaign manager in February.

Mr Obama’s advisers believe he can win in states such as Iowa, Colorado, Virginia, New Mexico and Missouri that President George W. Bush won in 2004, though they concede they have work to do in Michigan and Florida, where he has not campaigned extensively because their primaries were disallowed by the party.

“We’ve become a very tested organisation, “said Robert Gibbs, Mr Obama’s communication director and his closest aide after Mr Axelrod. “We’ve built organisations in every place int his country. We don’t have to start building anything from scratch.

“Once we become the nominee, that’s going to be tremendously important for the fall [autumn] because as we’ve seen in the last two presidential elections, it’s all about turnout. We think we can not only expand the map in terms of the states in play but also expand the electorate within each one of those states.”

Mr Obama’s campaign team has been remarkably stable with his inner circle of Mr Axelrod, Mr Gibbs, David Plouffe, the campaign manager, and others remaining unchanged.

In contrast, Mr McCain has sacked or lost a string of senior aides, when his campaign ran out of money and virtually collapsed last July and again this month when at least five advisers left because of conflicts over their lobbying for businesses and foreign governments.

This week, Mark McKinnon, Mr McCain’s media adviser, stepped down because, as he said last year, electing Mr Obama would “send a great message to the country and the world”.

Mr Trippi said: “Obama has been battered, beaten, screamed at, yelled at, kicked and - nothing, totally unflappable, his staff’s unflappable, no schisms. McCain has imploded twice. So you have to have more confidence in Obama’s ability to put a team together and keep it together.”
 http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/uselection2008/democrats/2002809/US-elections-Barack-Obama-juggernaut-%27will-crush-John-McCain%27.html

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
He ought lower his confidence level
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Еврей

• Senior JTFer

Let it stay where it is....
It'll make him be even more ashamed when the people realize what he's really about!  O0
"My name is Daniel Pearl. I am a Jewish American"
"My family follows Judaism. We've made numerous family visits to Israel."
~Daniel Pearl

"We are a small nation, but strong."
~Moshe Dayan

"First of all, Arafat is wrong. Jerusalem is Israel's capital, will never be divided, and will remain the capital of the State of Israel, the capital of the Jewish people, for ever and ever. "
~Benjamin Netanyahu

ביחד נשרוד, לחוד ניפול
Together we survive, apart we fall
~Subliminal

Offline Bruicy Kibbutz

• Full JTFer
FULL SPEED AHEAD! :::D
They think Obama will be elected, AND then become president.
DukeNukem

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
FULL SPEED AHEAD! :::D
They think Obama will be elected, AND then become president.
Let Obamas car go FULL SPEED AHEAD right into a wall

Offline Cyberella

• Master JTFer
I wish those Brits would learn how to spell.
(lol)

Oh, the muzzie has already been dragging the wife and brats (gag) out for photo ops and trying to look 'presidential', and like the 'first family'. (gag  gag)

« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 09:09:27 PM by Cyberella »

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer

I agree

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Sadly everything in this article is right-on. Let's face it... a worn-out, cancer-riddled dinosaur who is 99% as leftist and America-hating as Barack Hussein Osama does not inspire many Republican voters to turn out, especially youths. This piece only states the obvious. *gulp*

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
Since it is public, and they MADE it public.. It would be good about now for McCain to go Ramming Speed, Battle Speed- He has been attacking Obama right i Illinois- that is a pretty good strategy.. He said to the audience: "I will do everything in my power, to make sure that obama finishes his term in the senate" It was quite comical.. BUT, McCain does not know what he is in for- muZZlims fight with murder in mind. They WILL slaughter him.  I dont see him as an "America Hater" though..hard to do this, when one is a POW.  I dont think that waterboarding is really an issue either ith McCain- just "Kill the Enemy"- why'torture' them.. He just thinks like a soldier should actually- Take No Prisoners.  McCain, I BELIEVE can be PERSUADED- obama and hillary CANT.  Its ALL about POWER anyway- to be perfectly candid, I think ALL of congress and house, and ALL of this leadership would be on the SAME ship on the SAME day, and hit an iceberg like the titanic. I AM TIRED OF THIS.  >:( 
And....BLOOP you barack hussein muhammed obama. ;;!;;;
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline Еврей

• Senior JTFer
Sadly everything in this article is right-on. Let's face it... a worn-out, cancer-riddled dinosaur who is 99% as leftist and America-hating as Barack Hussein Osama does not inspire many Republican voters to turn out, especially youths. This piece only states the obvious. *gulp*

I don't think John McCain is America hating...

and what the Republicans need to do is tell the people "Listen, which is better? A moderate Republican, or a Muslim, Communist, extreme-leftist Democrat? YOU DECIDE"

Or something to the tone.
~Daniel Pearl

~Moshe Dayan

"First of all, Arafat is wrong. Jerusalem is Israel's capital, will never be divided, and will remain the capital of the State of Israel, the capital of the Jewish people, for ever and ever. "
~Benjamin Netanyahu

ביחד נשרוד, לחוד ניפול
~Subliminal

Offline Cyberella

• Master JTFer
No, McCain doesn't hate America. He's is just too far left- and he needs to grow some and hit Obama where it hurts.
He's all we've got, so we have to help him out and spread the word.

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
No, McCain doesn't hate America. He's is just too far left- and he needs to grow some and hit Obama where it hurts.

Cyberella,
  Perhaps this will help us out- we can take the better things and run with it, we are FAR in the game- fighting the enemy, and left the ONLY candidate behind, which is a HUGE mistake, Barack Hussein Muhammed Obama has us CONCENTRATING on him- he has us on the DEFENSE, we NEED to get on the OFFENSE with McCain- we alreay know of some of his lefty ways- nevermind- we have to charge now, FAST b4 a muZZlim gets in office.

http://www.savage-productions.com/McCain_Conservative_Rating.html

I hope this will help people.
Defense is a BAD place to be.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Еврей

• Senior JTFer

Cyberella,
  Perhaps this will help us out- we can take the better things and run with it, we are FAR in the game- fighting the enemy, and left the ONLY candidate behind, which is a HUGE mistake, Barack Hussein Muhammed Obama has us CONCENTRATING on him- he has us on the DEFENSE, we NEED to get on the OFFENSE with McCain- we alreay know of some of his lefty ways- nevermind- we have to charge now, FAST b4 a muZZlim gets in office.

82% is better than 0% (Bobama!)  ;D hahah
~Daniel Pearl

~Moshe Dayan

~Benjamin Netanyahu

ביחד נשרוד, לחוד ניפול
~Subliminal

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
Well, It is a B-    barack hussein muhammed obama is an F.  >:(
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Cyberella

• Master JTFer

Cyberella,

Yes, and it is the passion, anger and drive of people such as you and I who can help bring him down. There are some (yes, I mean on this board) who just don't seem to care or understand what this man can do to this country- and to Israel!

« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 05:44:47 PM by Cyberella »

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
Obama is little boy with little toys, hopefully he will be defeated, if not its going to be a tough 4 years
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline Cyberella

• Master JTFer
Obama is little boy with little toys, hopefully he will be defeated, if not its going to be a tough 4 years

Hussein Obama is a dangerous, dangerous man with an agenda that  will detroy America and Israel.