Should it be banned?

Yes.
5 (9.1%)
Yes, absolutely.
8 (14.5%)
No.
42 (76.4%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: What Do You Think Of Pre-Marital Intimacy And/Or Touching?  (Read 158184 times)

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Should male-female pre-marital touching be banned?
« Reply #125 on: May 27, 2008, 10:23:13 PM »
But Yacov, lets say you meet a nice jewish girl, and you get to know her and like her, will the fact that she is not a virgin make you turn her away even after getting to know her.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #126 on: May 27, 2008, 11:42:23 PM »
But Yacov, lets say you meet a nice jewish girl, and you get to know her and like her, will the fact that she is not a virgin make you turn her away even after getting to know her.

Yes. Every Jewish man who is a virgin deserves to marry and sleep with a virgin on his wedding night. I have stayed a virgin and I expect the same of a woman.

Yacov, in a religious environment, you wont really feel comfortable asking the woman if she is a virgin until you have become friendly wih her. Its not like you can meet her and right away ask if she has slept with someone. This is going to prove challenging as you will end up liking someone and only then will you ask if she is a virgin. At that point will you turn someone away? On the other hand, if you ask the girl if she is a virgin right away, she will get turned off and wont want to pursue the rlationship. This is a tricky situation.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #127 on: May 28, 2008, 12:15:36 AM »
But Yackov, if you yourself aren't completely religious yet, why do you expect a very religious girl to be interested. Most will get nervous if they know you dont keep shabbos totally. I feel I have to point this out. I also think you are narrowing down the list of qualified females to drastically.

She doesn't have to be "very" religious. She can be Modern Orthodox Liberal (A term Frumster uses.) and still be a virgin and be okay for me. I call myself Modern Orthodox Liberal too. The other kind of Modern Orthodox is Machmir. I'm very strict on hugging, kissing, and sex, but I will still listen to female singers and if I see an attractive woman, I will still look at her. I also am not opposed to watching TV or other modern things.

This is a tricky one! 

My view is if wearing a kippa, then I would almost certainly not look..  Because I would think it is a chillul hashem..

But if I was wearing a hat, then I wouldn't be quite as  strict with where my eyes go.. But I tend to keep them lowered. In normal walking - Head up usually ..  Fedor keeps his head up and (respectfully keeps his ) eyes down in the stare down against his opponent!    I think the RAMBAN(with a Nun) writes in a letter that one should walk like that.

There was one instance where the woman with the most unbelievable legs anybody has ever seen, she was wearing a short skirt and no tights and was walking down quite a religious jewish road.  The friend I was with, started slurring his speech, and said(afterwards) He has -NEVER- seen anything like that before in his life. And BTW, He is not jewish and doesn't live a sheltered life.

The whole street stood still watching, including a guy with a beard. Standing still, staring behind him in amazement with his mouth hanging open - not drooling, but open in suprise/disbelief.. 

It was an uncontrollable stillness, like a UFO had landed..

It happened once or twice in school, a stunning girl would appear, and because we were all 17, she could stun people into slurry silence. And we'd stare into space even after she had gone, until somebody would wake up and wake up his colleagues, out of the daze.

But for that to happen on a busy public street, to guys in their 20s, 30s 40s.  I have never seen anything like that before or since..

I didn't always cover my head in public.

But what about synagogue where they know you are Jewish no matter what head covering you are wearing? I like to look at the girls after services. I just don't talk to them.

Well.. there is a difference between

a)being outdoors and looking silently in a sexual way.. A way that is easy with the anonymity of being a stranger in the street (to girls that might sound perverted, but most guys take advantage of it and look in that situation!)
That is probably quite sinful, and with a kippa on, would be a chillul hashem

b)And looking at them because you have to or want to talk to them.  Which would happen in or near a shul!

I wouldn't normally let my mind wonder if I am in or near a shul.
It has happened, but even then, only when I was young, and tired and bored and closing my eyes. I wouldn't look at a girl sexually in or near a shul!  They would know, and it's not anonymous. Nobody really stares at girls like that in a shul..    And if you did, it would be a very publc thing.. If you did it while in shul, then the whole ladys' gallery would be aware of it..  And even if outside the main building.. Girls are not alone in a shul, they are with friends.. If Your parents are there, and their friends too, it's even worse. It's just not the place at all.. People talk, but it's far from a place for sexual thoughts to prosper..    I would be afraid of such thoughts there! Especially if talking to a girl and within inches of her!  sexual thoughts are not for such public situations. They are for private or if you want to be sinful! then for anonymous situations(like a reflex reaction of staring at a girl in the street when in that open free frame of mind!).     

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #128 on: May 28, 2008, 12:18:30 AM »
But Yacov, how will you initially know whether or not she is a virgin. You cannot go over to a girl when you first meet her and ask her that. She will not appreciate being asked such a question and will immediately not be interested. I am curious to know how you will fright away find out if she is a virgin without the relationship ending before it begins.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #129 on: May 28, 2008, 12:48:49 AM »
I'm against any dating that involves touching and I only want a religious woman.

i respect that
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #130 on: May 28, 2008, 12:50:41 AM »
I'm against any dating that involves touching and I only want a religious woman.

Yacov, why do you want only a religious woman. Of course she must be jewish, but why only religious. It might be easier for you to broaden your options.

dwi there are plenty of religious women...i think it makes the most sense for yaacov to pursue shomer negia religious jewish women...or at least try it
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #131 on: May 28, 2008, 12:56:38 AM »

Yes. Every Jewish man who is a virgin deserves to marry and sleep with a virgin on his wedding night. I have stayed a virgin and I expect the same of a woman.

That is why I don't want to get close to women who are not virgins. Once I get attached to her, finding out she is not a virgin and having to dump her would be devastating.

i know some non religious virgins who prefer a man with experience for they feel its not good for the blind to lead the blind.  just a thought

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #132 on: May 28, 2008, 11:27:48 AM »
Well it's easier for you guys to actually meet a girl, from a religious perspective, I am heavily limited. Not only do I live in a area where very few Jews actually reside, the small number (maybe 5-10) are all reform Jews. If that doesn't top it, their children certainly aren't virgins considering how much they party and what not. I'm 22 years old and finding a Jewish girl is not going to be easy. I've dated non Jews because that's my only option, but i'm still a virgin because I choose to stay that way, besides, there's way too many diseases and crap floating around and I know I would never forgive myself or another women if I got her pregnant and I wasn't married to her. Even with condoms, theres still risk of breakage although condoms would technically be forbidden wouldn't they since you are wasting the seed?

I don't think i've dated a Jew since most don't take interest to me and I don't take interest to most of the ones i've met. I guess we're completely different in political views, hobbies, and what not.

Sad to say, but the rednecks here have better morals than the reform Jews in this area.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 11:37:43 AM by מאיר כהן »

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #133 on: May 28, 2008, 03:45:59 PM »
Well it's easier for you guys to actually meet a girl, from a religious perspective, I am heavily limited. Not only do I live in a area where very few Jews actually reside, the small number (maybe 5-10) are all reform Jews. If that doesn't top it, their children certainly aren't virgins considering how much they party and what not. I'm 22 years old and finding a Jewish girl is not going to be easy. I've dated non Jews because that's my only option, but i'm still a virgin because I choose to stay that way, besides, there's way too many diseases and crap floating around and I know I would never forgive myself or another women if I got her pregnant and I wasn't married to her. Even with condoms, theres still risk of breakage although condoms would technically be forbidden wouldn't they since you are wasting the seed?

I don't think i've dated a Jew since most don't take interest to me and I don't take interest to most of the ones i've met. I guess we're completely different in political views, hobbies, and what not.

Sad to say, but the rednecks here have better morals than the reform Jews in this area.

It might help to move to a jewish area... 

Of couse, many jews have been to jewish primary school, or "high  school" , or at university they've been at a jewish accomodation.

I think if you went to shul you'd find some kahanist types.. whether you have other things in common is another matter.  I saw a guy in shul with a kahane tzedek kippa.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #134 on: May 28, 2008, 05:07:12 PM »

It might help to move to a jewish area... 

Of couse, many jews have been to jewish primary school, or "high  school" , or at university they've been at a jewish accomodation.

I think if you went to shul you'd find some kahanist types.. whether you have other things in common is another matter.  I saw a guy in shul with a kahane tzedek kippa.

I really don't want to move, most of the Jews tend to stick in the city and I want to avoid cities at any cost possible.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #135 on: May 28, 2008, 08:52:27 PM »

That is why I don't want to get close to women who are not virgins. Once I get attached to her, finding out she is not a virgin and having to dump her would be devastating.

i know some non religious virgins who prefer a man with experience for they feel its not good for the blind to lead the blind.  just a thought

Then those are self-hating women.

um, no they're not....

Some prefer the same innocence they have and others prefer a man with experience...the latter are not self hating women, yaacov..think before you speak!

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #136 on: May 28, 2008, 09:12:03 PM »

um, no they're not....

Some prefer the same innocence they have and others prefer a man with experience...the latter are not self hating women, yaacov..think before you speak!

For Jews- A women who respects herself and keeps herself from sin, should not settle for a guy who sinned by sleeping around with other women, unless he did serious Tishuva (Real Tishuva, not only the loosly way it is said many times). Also vica versa, but I would think that even with that it would definitly be much harder for a guy to go for a girl who slepped with even 1 other guy.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #137 on: May 28, 2008, 10:09:32 PM »

um, no they're not....

For Jews- A women who respects herself and keeps herself from sin, should not settle for a guy who sinned by sleeping around with other women, unless he did serious Tishuva (Real Tishuva, not only the loosly way it is said many times). Also vica versa, but I would think that even with that it would definitly be much harder for a guy to go for a girl who slepped with even 1 other guy.

Well said...

Offline Katie

• Full JTFer
  • OBAMA SUCKS
« Reply #138 on: June 05, 2008, 06:52:27 PM »
well isnt it already banned by the torrah? or is it not? i mean if it is then isnt it banned already? but i dont think it should be, people can do whatever they want lol not my or ur place to tell them what to do
"Over the last 15 months, we've traveled to every corner of the United States. I've now been in 57 states? I think one left to go." - Barack Obama

haha

Offline shimon

• Full JTFer
« Reply #139 on: June 05, 2008, 08:49:05 PM »
Yes, it is banned by The Torah. Jews should not touch a member of the opposite sex unless it is their parent, sibling, son/daughter, or spouse.

It is not banned for Gentiles since it is not a violation of The Noahide Laws.

can you where in the torah it says this.

im sorry to say but it doesn't it just was another fence made by the rabbis to prevent immoral sexual behavior.

The whole concept of shomer negiah today is also misunderstood. Some people say "i will only shake a women's hand if it is for buisness and she puts her hand out"for me this is rather silly because even if you offer your hand is this considered sexual?
Does shaking a women's hand make you aroused?

For the vast majority of men it in fact does not. So i dont think we should go so crazy about pre marital touching.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 08:51:27 PM by shimon »

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #140 on: June 05, 2008, 08:57:32 PM »
I wouldn't say it's "banned".

In the Torah it's a sin and I think it has an earthly punishment  - capital punishment, just as breaking shabbat does.  But capital punishment requires a temple and sanhedrin - (since I think the sanhedrin sits in the (courtyard of?) the temple)..
And witnesses, and a warning to the person, and that they agree.. So many conditions.. And a court that does more than one in x(70?) years is considered bloodthirsty.

If any gentiles in israel are noachides, then it is even more unlikely to happen.

It's a nice idea to make a basic law, like not marrying a gentile, into the law in israel. But I don't think there is a torah mandate to do so.  Adding a moderate but reasonable punishment that can be applied, like prison. So as to deter people from sinning.

Offline shimon

• Full JTFer
« Reply #141 on: June 05, 2008, 09:13:17 PM »

Yes, it does make a man aroused if the woman is attractive.

Yes but seeing an attractive can  also makes a man aroused. So should we require all women to stay in private?

No one can honestly tell you that in today's world a handshake will lead to sexual activity.

Offline shimon

• Full JTFer
« Reply #142 on: June 05, 2008, 09:15:25 PM »
And can anyone tell me one place in the Torah where it says Shomer Negiah.

Offline Archie

• Full JTFer
« Reply #143 on: June 05, 2008, 09:16:43 PM »

Are you aroused when a girl makes eye contact and gives you a nice smile?

Offline shimon

• Full JTFer
« Reply #144 on: June 05, 2008, 09:20:27 PM »

Are you aroused when a girl makes eye contact and gives you a nice smile?
good post Archie. Im not saying it is not a holy thing  for Yacov and other tzadikim to not touch girls , i am just saying that the Torah does not prohibit it. And therefore should not be banned

Offline Archie

• Full JTFer
« Reply #145 on: June 05, 2008, 09:21:28 PM »

Yes but seeing an attractive can  also makes a man aroused. So should we require all women to stay in private?

No one can honestly tell you that in today's world a handshake will lead to sexual activity.

I don't believe that either.

Offline shimon

• Full JTFer
« Reply #146 on: June 05, 2008, 09:22:31 PM »

Don't believe what

Offline Archie

• Full JTFer
« Reply #147 on: June 05, 2008, 09:24:28 PM »

Don't believe what

That a handshake automatically lead to sexual activity / immorality.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #148 on: June 06, 2008, 06:26:58 AM »
you would get more of a sexual feeling if you avoid it completely, and then your hand brushes a girl's hand by accident.

Even if man was to wear a blindfold and learn to navigate with sound waves, like a bat, he would still find a way to identify women, their proportions, and get a "sexual feeling". And that's without touching.  You can't avoid it completely. You can try to minimise it, but if doing that, then it would require far deeper techniques than avoiding touching their hand. Hand touch is minor compared to what can go through the mind when you dream. Or for that matter, when you are awake and alone and have a "lapse".  If you are aiming at minimising sexual feelings, then you should focus on that.

I knew a crazy guy that wanted to take te medication they give to pedophiles - to suppress his sex drive - so that he could concentrate on his work. 

There may be something in jewish law about not touching anywheer e.g. her hand. But I can see why. It is to avoid sexual contact of that kind. It is unnecessary. Easily avoided.
It's not to avoid  or minimise sexual feelings though.. that wouldn't make sense, as mentioned.  If I was to guess at the logic. I would say that it's just to avoid one of the causes, because it's an obvious one.

I wouldn't shake hands with a woman in or near a shul.. 'cos it's probably against jewish law.. not the place to be flippant and go out of your way to sin.

Offline Archie

• Full JTFer
« Reply #149 on: June 06, 2008, 06:33:16 AM »

Don't believe what

That a handshake automatically lead to sexual activity / immorality.

I never said it does. I said it leads to a sexual feeling in your body just like when the woman hairdresser washes your hair.

I hope you find and marry your wife real soon, because it must be very hard for you to live under such restrictions / sensorial deprivation, especially at your age...

I could never make it. Hats off to you Yacov.