Author Topic: Monsanto  (Read 1439 times)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Monsanto
« on: May 22, 2008, 11:04:44 AM »
http://research.money.excite.com/custom/iac-com/html-profile.asp?cobrand=EXCITE&symb=MON

It is an agricultural company that is somehow connected to making super corn for oil that can be used as biofuels instead of crude oil or actual gasoline. Stocks are going up.  Look into it.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Monsanto
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 02:38:47 PM »
 Am not sure that Monsanto is a good thing, they put a lot of small farms out of business and are against the organic food market.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 03:41:13 PM »
Our gas is $3.20 a gallon. ..

They also make some pretty nasty stuff too..
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 03:45:52 PM »
They are trying to control the world's food supply--one of the most evil corporations on the planet.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 03:52:26 PM »
The horrors of GMOs have caused me so many health problems its not surprising , ironically when I changed to a organic diet completely as a permanent life change and only freerange beef, no surprise I feel much better.

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 04:01:36 PM »
They are trying to control the world's food supply--one of the most evil corporations on the planet.

Absolutely!

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 04:19:49 PM »
Oh Monsanto is not the only one here. If you have a car that can run E 85 it's only 2.68 a gallon.

I don't think anyone should eat GMO corn, but I don't see why we can't use it for fuel. .
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2014, 04:29:22 PM »
Fill her up with Mazola..

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2014, 04:45:15 PM »
David vs. Monsanto

Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2014, 05:39:12 PM »
Better the righteous should capture all the muslamic and arabic oil.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2014, 06:24:21 PM »
I agree with alternative oil sources but the issue is Monsanto is literally feeding their GMO corn to cows, chickens, even farmed salmon now.

Monsanto is literally evil, I'm not a Greenpeace nut by any means but when it comes to food, it's a necessity for life and modification has been proven to cause cancer. Its ironic how when I switched to natural foods I felt so much better.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2014, 06:31:30 PM »
The horrors of GMOs have caused me so many health problems its not surprising , ironically when I changed to a organic diet completely as a permanent life change and only freerange beef, no surprise I feel much better.

So what's this have to do with GMO?   Organic and free range is quite different already from all non GMO meat.   The anti gmo people havve a LONG way to go to prove with any kind of scientific rigor that there is anything wrong with GMO foods.

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2014, 06:42:16 PM »
^ Wouldn't it be a sin to eat GMO corn? If they are crossing species to make it?

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2014, 06:46:55 PM »
^ Wouldn't it be a sin to eat GMO corn? If they are crossing species to make it?

Sounds like a good question to ask a rav, but I tend to doubt it would be.   The question is, is it forbidden to eat or not?  Maybe I'm parsing language but asking if its a sin is a bit different kind of talk.

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2014, 06:47:37 PM »
This is another major side effect of GMO corn...  CHILDREN OF THE CORN - Isaac's Revenge On Malacha…:

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2014, 06:55:54 PM »
So what's this have to do with GMO?   Organic and free range is quite different already from all non GMO meat.   The anti gmo people havve a LONG way to go to prove with any kind of scientific rigor that there is anything wrong with GMO foods.

There's no evidence that GMOs are safe to consume, when tomatoes are being injected with trout genes or salmon are being injected with insect genes and feeding on their own feces I fail to see how that is healthy. My dad and my grandpa gardened and my grandpa and uncles were all farmers.

The issues are so various I could go on, we can talk about the ethical issues of farmers being shut down because a patented seed flew into their crops or the overall health issues and subsidized products.

Let's start with high fructose corn syrup,corn is mainly GMO in the us and its used in everything from ketchup to sodas, its esentially replaced sugar and is a cause of diabetes and obesity, cheap soy oil and canola oil from the rapeseed is a GMO and highly refined. The rapeseed is toxic and was responsible for 700 deaths in Spain back in 81.

When chickens and cows are fed grains it makes them fat and is not part of their natural diet, they are pumped full of anti biotics and are sick and cramped in slaughter houses and we are consuming that.

Gmo companies claim that their yield is higher and blame e.coli breakouts on compost and cow manure and have effectively done what they can to put organic farmers out of business with no evidence, yet GMOs don't want labeling showing consumers information thst we have the right to know what's in our food. Practically all tests for GMOs are corporate funded , however testing with GMOs and msg was proven by a independent lab to cause cancer and tumors in rats.

Ironically much of the world is opposed to GMOs and we see healthy people all over Europe, israel, south america yet the majority of the US is obese , dying of cancer , diabetes, ocd, mental illness etc . much of this has been tied to diet , a pill should not be a additional part of out diet to live

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2014, 06:59:27 PM »
Sounds like a good question to ask a rav, but I tend to doubt it would be.   The question is, is it forbidden to eat or not?  Maybe I'm parsing language but asking if its a sin is a bit different kind of talk.
Okay, forbidden. I think it is forbidden for Jews, and I think for Noachide too (I can't look it up, my Noachide in depth halacha book was stolen), but I'm pretty sure it is. And if it is forbidden, could that not lead to some sort of punishment, like cance, etc?

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2014, 07:03:01 PM »
What I am opposed to is the big corps like monsanto who are lobbying in the government and promoting subsidiaries and protection for their industry while at the same time forcing the small farmers out of business and legislation that makes it.more difficult to run a traditional farm. I'm just tired of all the cancer causing foods and the ignorance most people have about keeping healthy.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2014, 07:20:48 PM »
We have a cattle farm. We had to sell the cattle because we couldn't feed enough cattle off the land to afford to live there, and the feed price was to high to feed them, so we rent the land to corn farmers.

A lot of people here have Corn burners to heat there homes, but when corn prices jumped that really hurt.

There are a lot of other companies here though, ADM, Cargill, Valero, Grain processing,  etc. And we really do get cheaper gas. Ethanol is everywhere here.