Author Topic: John McCain rejects Rev. John Hagee's endorsement  (Read 2884 times)

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
John McCain rejects Rev. John Hagee's endorsement
« on: May 22, 2008, 07:05:53 PM »
http://uk.reuters.com/article/usPoliticsNews/idUKN2252526620080522?pageNumber=1&virtualBrandChannel=0

McCain rejects pastor's backing after Hitler remark
Thu May 22, 2008 11:28pm BST

By Steve Holland

UNION CITY, California (Reuters) - Republican presidential candidate John McCain on Thursday rejected the endorsement of a Texas preacher after the pastor was discovered to have made derogatory comments about Jews.

"Obviously, I find these remarks and others deeply offensive and indefensible, and I repudiate them," McCain said of the remarks by John Hagee. "I did not know of them before Reverend Hagee's endorsement, and I feel I must reject his endorsement as well."

McCain's rejection of the Hagee endorsement drew comparisons to controversy surrounding the longtime pastor of Democratic front-runner Barack Obama. Obama cut ties with the Rev. Jeremiah Wright last month over his former pastor's racially charged remarks.

McCain's statement came after The Huffington Post Web site reported on a late 1990s sermon Hagee gave in which he quoted from the Bible to make the argument that G-d's will had its influence on Nazism.

"'And they the hunters should hunt them,' that will be the Jews. 'From every mountain and from every hill and from out of the holes of the rocks.' If that doesn't describe what Hitler did in the Holocaust, you can't see that," Hagee had said.

Hagee is staunchly pro-Israel and is the founder and national chairman of Christians United for Israel. In his many writings he sees historical and contemporary events, especially in the Middle East, as unfolding biblical prophecy.

McCain had until now been forced to distance himself from Hagee, founder of Cornerstone Church of San Antonio, Texas, but still accepted his endorsement because of Hagee's influence with evangelical Christians.

But after the Huffington Post's report, including a statement from Hagee in which he did not seem to apologize for the sermon, McCain took a stronger stand.

In his statement, McCain raised the issue of Obama's former pastor, who often delivered racially charged sermons.

"I have said I do not believe Senator Obama shares Reverend Wright's extreme views. But let me also be clear, Reverend Hagee was not and is not my pastor or spiritual advisor, and I did not attend his church for twenty years. I have denounced statements he made immediately upon learning of them, as I do again today," McCain said.

Hagee issued a statement saying he was withdrawing his endorsement of McCain because of the distractions.

"Ever since I endorsed John McCain for president, people seeking to attack Senator McCain have combed my records for statements they can use for political gain. They have had no qualms about grossly misrepresenting my position on issues most near and dear to my heart if it serves their political ambitions," Hagee said.

"I am tired of these baseless attacks and fear that they have become a distraction in what should be a national debate about important issues. I have therefore decided to withdraw my endorsement of Senator McCain for president effective today, and to remove myself from any active role in the 2008 campaign," Hagee said.

(Additional reporting by Deborah Charles; Editing by Eric Beech

On the surface,   it seems like John Hagee's viewpoint is similar to the viewpoint of Chaim and a number of others who are very knowledge in Judaism.    I'm going to still vote for John McCain because the alternative is beyond horrific.    That doesn't change the fact that I'm far from thrilled with McCain as the GOP choice in 2008.     
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline Zionist Revolutionary

• Pro JTFer
Re: John McCain rejects Rev. John Hagee's endorsement
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 07:41:24 PM »
As far as the 2008 election is concerned this changes nothing.  The only practical way to keep Hussein out of the White House is through McCain.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 07:45:14 PM »
I like Hagee.  I think the Media loves to demonize him... but every time I listen to his speeches... I nod with agreement.  He really understands that the Muslims and Iran are the true evils of our time.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 08:25:37 PM »
As far as the 2008 election is concerned this changes nothing.  The only practical way to keep Hussein out of the White House is through McCain.

Regarding the election,  my concern is John McCain is going to alienate the Conservative Christian base to the extent that it costs him the election.     If even a small % of these voters sit out the election or vote for a 3rd party type of candidate,    that could easily prove to be the difference in Barack Hussein Obama winning the election.
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 08:29:19 PM »
I like Hagee.  I think the Media loves to demonize him... but every time I listen to his speeches... I nod with agreement.  He really understands that the Muslims and Iran are the true evils of our time.

There's no question that the media has a double standard when it comes to their criticism of conservatives,   while they give liberals a free pass.

I have more confidence in John Hagee than any of the remaining candidates in the Presidential election.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 08:34:40 PM »
    Someone named Double Demon wrote a left wing opinion about John Hagee's comments.     After I mentioned Chaim /  JTF/  Jews against Obama in a reply that offered my support of Rev. Hagee,    Double Demon compared Chaim to Osama Bin Laden.     This is another example of the poison that is being fed to people on the internet.     

http://doubledemon.newsvine.com/_news/2008/05/21/1504600-mccains-pastor-hitler-the-god-sent-hunter-sent-the-jews-back-to-israel

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 09:04:23 PM »
Re:  "...On the surface,   it seems like John Hagee's viewpoint is similar to the viewpoint of Chaim and a number of others who are very knowledge in Judaism."

Exactly correct.

Rabbi Meir Kahane stated that the Holocaust was Ha'Shem's Decree against us for abandoning Torah.

Read the entire account of Moshe's receiving the tablets and law from Ha'Shem at Sinai, in which the Jewish nation is offered a choice of blessing and life through Torah, or the CURSE of EXILE from the Land of Israel as a punishment for choosing DEATH and abandoning our Covenant, during which we would chased from land to land, murdered, tortured, raped, cursed, and be seen by non-Jews as not having a G-d.

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 09:14:34 PM »
Mccain is a joke.  If Obama gets elected, maybe the conservative base will unite stronger than ever and demand a real candidate in 2012.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2008, 09:28:13 PM »
Mccain is a joke.  If Obama gets elected, maybe the conservative base will unite stronger than ever and demand a real candidate in 2012.
I agree, Mccain is a shmuck and a joke. It is such a nightmare that he is our only choice. Lets hope he chooses Huckabee as his VP to make this slightly kosher.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline spiritus_persona

• Pro JTFer
  • Say NO to Dhimmitude
    • Cultural Jihadist (Warning!  May contain harsh language!)
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2008, 10:33:43 PM »
I agree, Mccain is a shmuck and a joke. It is such a nightmare that he is our only choice. Lets hope he chooses Huckabee as his VP to make this slightly kosher.

Mike Huckabee for Veep!  The conservative base will vote McCain only if Huckabee becomes Veep.
Me: Muslims get offended too easily.
Muslim: What!?  That is an outrage!  Take that back or I kill you!

Offline aggressi0n

• Full JTFer
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2008, 10:34:13 PM »

Tom Tancredo is a 100x better, he is truly anti-Islam. He said that Muslims attack us because the Quran dictates it. Has Huckabee said that?

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2008, 11:08:08 PM »
Hagee's comment about Hitler isn't entirely wrong, it was because of the Holocaust that Israel arose (from a purely historical view), but in truth Israel would have risen anyway because it was the appointed time and G-d controls history
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2008, 12:26:34 AM »
Hagee really has no choice except to endorse McCain at this point. As that image says, the alternative is unthinkable.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2008, 12:29:27 AM »
Hagee's comment about Hitler isn't entirely wrong, it was because of the Holocaust that Israel arose (from a purely historical view), but in truth Israel would have risen anyway because it was the appointed time and G-d controls history

The way the quote was understood by some who heard it makes it sound really bad, as if Hagee's saying that God wanted the Holocaust to happen. I don't think that's how he meant it though. I think he meant to say that the Bible predicted that the Jews would be a persecuted people because of their special mission on earth.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2008, 12:30:54 AM »
No surprise here...
McCain is a sell-out who's only purpose left in life is to be President, at any cost. He already signed the pack with the devil, so now he must fullfill his obligations!

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2008, 12:39:41 AM »
McCain is doing everything possible to cause himself to lose the election.

I envision that OsamaBarama will be thoroughly coached, just like a pro boxer in training for the heavyweight crown, so that he will know exactly what to say and know exactly what to do, to cause McCain to "blow his stack" and go off in a rage during their debates.

He has more than a few "skeletons" in his past, and he's "famous" for "losing it" in public and acting berserk.

Mom & Pop America will be home in their comfortable living rooms watching it all go down in real time...McCain will appear to be a befuddled old fool and a dangerous one at that.

And you can rest assured that the media hacks in charge of questioning the candidates will have the decks stacked against McCain, just to add insult to injury.

Offline AriseSouthAfrica

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2008, 01:45:29 AM »
McCain is obviously a sellout! and everyone is correct about the media demonizing John Hagee, they are all (CNN, Sky, BBC, its been running this story all of last night and this morning) attempting to compare Hagee to Obamas idiot evil pastor, trying to create the impression that both republicans and democrats have an "evil" pastor connection. Therefore downplaying the Obama connection to his satanic pastor!

Hagee is a good man, he has always supported Israel and G-ds people, and when you hear his sermons you can only agree with him! I believe that McCain has made an enourmous mistake rejecting his endorsement, but Hagee has also retracted his support of McCain!
Let G_d arise, let his enemies be scattered: let them also that hate him flee before him. (Psalm 68:1)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2008, 06:25:33 AM »
The secular media never read the Tanach [Bible] what fools they are.MC Caine i see never studied it  or he forgot it.If these fools have complaints they should complain to Jeremiah,Hagee was'nt being pro Hitler he hates Hitler he was just telling a commentary as he sees it.BTW the real reason the media hates Haggee is becuse he said New Orleans got the hurricane because of it's Homos and rampant sex
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2008, 06:36:01 AM »
McCain is obviously a sellout! and everyone is correct about the media demonizing John Hagee, they are all (CNN, Sky, BBC, its been running this story all of last night and this morning) attempting to compare Hagee to Obamas idiot evil pastor, trying to create the impression that both republicans and democrats have an "evil" pastor connection. Therefore downplaying the Obama connection to his satanic pastor!

Hagee is a good man, he has always supported Israel and G-ds people, and when you hear his sermons you can only agree with him! I believe that McCain has made an enourmous mistake rejecting his endorsement, but Hagee has also retracted his support of McCain!

McCain is definitely the less of the two Republictats

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2008, 01:11:40 PM »
You may not have realized it, but the liberal media hates Hagee. 

Offline Minuteman

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2008, 01:56:57 PM »
We the left is trying to catch McCain over a barrel.  If they can successfull paint Hagee as a anti-semite and associate him with McCain, then McCain will have 2 very terrible options.  1 would be to distance himself from Hagee and alienate himself from the Christian Evangelicasts, or 2 lay off the issue of Wright to avoid attacks about his association with Hagee and focus on the "important issues".