Author Topic: McCain to Meet 3 Possible Running Mates  (Read 2086 times)

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
McCain to Meet 3 Possible Running Mates
« on: May 23, 2008, 12:36:02 AM »
Senator John McCain, the Republican presidential nominee, on Friday is scheduled to meet with two Republican governors who have been prominently mentioned as potential running mates, according to Republicans familiar with Mr. McCain’s plan.

Charlie Crist, the governor of Florida, and Bobby Jindal, the governor of Louisiana, have both accepted invitations to meet with Mr. McCain at his home in Arizona, according to Republican familiars with the decision. One Republican said that Mitt Romney, a former rival of Mr. McCain for the presidential nomination — is also expected to visit him this weekend. Mr. Romney’s advisers declined to comment.

If these are the VP nominees who do you prefer?

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
Re: McCain to Meet 3 Possible Running Mates
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 12:39:33 AM »
I prefer Mit Romney
Who is Bobby Jindal?

Offline aggressi0n

• Full JTFer
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 01:52:27 AM »
I prefer Mit Romney
Who is Bobby Jindal?

Louisiana governor. He's trying to fix what the leftist done to it.

Offline AriseSouthAfrica

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 01:54:06 AM »
I prefer Mit Romney
Who is Bobby Jindal?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Jindal

"Jindal was a Hindu, but converted to Catholicism in high school.[8] He has also offered his religious testimony before Baptist and Pentecostal congregations"

"Positions on selected issues
Jindal has stated that he is "100 percent against abortion, no exceptions."[27] During his 2003 run for governor he distinguished himself from Blanco, who is also anti-abortion, by stating that he supports an abortion ban without exceptions for life, health, rape, or incest. His definition of abortion differs from the medical community's in that it only includes procedures that target the embryo or fetus, a definition that excludes procedures, such as a salpingectomy, that do not target the embryo specifically but still terminate the pregnancy.[28] He has stated that he would allow emergency contraception, which some pro-life groups consider morally equivalent to abortion.[29]

During his tenure as Congressman for Louisiana's First Congressional District, Jindal consistently voted with the Republican Party on all abortion-related legislation.[30][31]

Jindal opposes using taxpayer money to fund embryonic stem cell research that involves the cloning and destruction of human embryos, and he supports the teaching of intelligent design in public schools.[32]

As a private citizen, Jindal voted for the "Stelly Tax plan",[33] a referendum named for former state Representative Vic Stelly of Lake Charles, which swapped some sales taxes for higher income taxes. Whether or not the "Stelly Plan" is giving the desired results is still hotly debated statewide. Early Republican challenger Steve Scalise challenged Jindal on his vote for this tax plan before Scalise dropped out of the congressional race in 2004.

Jindal supported a constitutional amendment banning flag burning,[34] and the Real ID Act of 2005.[35] Jindal has an A rating from Gun Owners of America.

He is a member of the conservative Republican Study Committee.[36] In 2006, Jindal voted with the Republican Caucus 97 percent of the time during the 109th Congress.[37]

Jindal also supports co-payments in Medicaid.[38]

In 2006, Jindal sponsored the Deep Ocean Energy Resources Act (H.R. 4761), a bill to eliminate the moratorium on offshore oil and gas drilling over the U.S. outer continental shelf, which prompted the watchdog group Republicans for Environmental Protection to issue him an environmental harm demerit.[39] Jindal's 2006 rating from that organization was -4, among the lowest in Congress. The nonpartisan League of Conservation Voters also censured Jindal for securing passage of H.R. 4761 in the House of Representatives; the group rated his environmental performance that year at seven percent, citing anti-environment votes on 11 out of 12 critical issues.

Jindal's lifetime score from the League of Conservation Voters is seven percent.[40] Despite claims that Jindal's bill was successful,[41] H.R. 4761 was actually replaced by S 3711 (known as the Domenici-Landrieu Fair Share Plan). The Senate version was the actual legislation that was passed by both houses of Congress, word for word, and signed by President Bush.[42]"

Let G_d arise, let his enemies be scattered: let them also that hate him flee before him. (Psalm 68:1)

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 02:49:28 AM »
I like Jindal the most.  He is the most conservative, and most importantly, he;s very reform minded.

PLUS.. his name is cool  :)

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 03:41:31 AM »
  Though I'm planning on supporting the John McCain ticket under 99.9999% circumstances,   I'm concerned that Bobby Jindal's age would damage McCain's chances of winning the election.    Jindal turns 37 in June.    The combination of a 72 year old at the top of the ticket and a 37 year old in the # 2 spot could easily scare off many voters.

Of the 3 candidates mentioned,    I think Mitt Romney would be the best option for John McCain.
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 04:48:52 AM »
I like Jindal the most.  He is the most conservative, and most importantly, he;s very reform minded.

PLUS.. his name is cool  :)

The most conservative is my most favorite, the more righteous  O0

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008, 08:45:52 AM »
the more I read and hear about Jindal the more I like him as VP, however his age could be called into question.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 02:49:27 PM »
Actually it's about 9-10.    Huckabee was invited but is scheduled a trip with his wife so he won't be attending the gathering.  That doesn't mean that he has no chance at being the VP.  The governor of Minnesota also is invited but won't be attending.  Others invited--who I think are attending--include Rob Portman, Lindsay Graham, Sam Brownback and Joe Lieberman. 

Lindsay Graham and Sam Brownback both voted for amnesty for illegals. 

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2008, 03:50:05 PM »
Guys--unless the guy's melanoma comes back and he croaks in office (let's cross our fingers...), this is meaningless. The veep is a figurehead unless the president dies or there is a tie in the Senate. I don't think the running-mate selection makes that big a deal--the question only is whether McCain will pander to the right (Jindal, Romney, Huckabee) or the left (Lieberman).

Offline firster555

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2008, 05:46:36 PM »
Jindal for the top of the ticket. Then he can pick Tancredo for VP. Oops, sorry, just dreaming a little.
In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man. Brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2008, 05:54:45 PM »
Jindal for the top of the ticket. Then he can pick Tancredo for VP. Oops, sorry, just dreaming a little.
Just when I was warming up to McCain somewhat I heard today he made a speech today or yesterday falling back to his old position about legalizing the illegals that are here in this country already. One thing I can't stand is a two face he should just pick a position and stick with it. If this guy doesn't get smart soon he is going to blow the election and Obame will be de pres e dent.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 06:17:01 PM by cjd »
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline takebackourtemple

• Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2008, 12:20:15 AM »
I think the voters should be the ones making the choice and not McCain. Given there was not an independent election, it should be either Romney or Huckabee, which ever one had second place.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2008, 01:43:53 AM »
 RET GENERAL TOMMY FRANKS.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2008, 05:19:05 AM »

Just when I was warming up to McCain somewhat I heard today he made a speech today or yesterday falling back to his old position about legalizing the illegals that are here in this country already. One thing I can't stand is a two face he should just pick a position and stick with it. If this guy doesn't get smart soon he is going to blow the election and Obame will be de pres e dent.
The guy is not stupid. He knows there are far more pro-amnesty Hispanic voters than there are anti-amnesty right-wing conservatives. He also knows that the right has no choice but to support him over Obama. But you can also blame the vast majority of white "middle America" who is willing to tolerate the wetbacks because they actually buy the argument that they make for cheaper produce and services.