Author Topic: Chaim's "Kike" reference  (Read 942 times)

Offline Mifletzet

• Senior JTFer
Chaim's "Kike" reference
« on: May 30, 2008, 08:33:20 AM »
On another forum they object to the term "kikes".

Chaim in his latest video

at 24:05 "the spark in the Kikes is the spark which has burned us on many occasions", yehudonim being translated as "kikes".

Not being from the USA, is the term "kikes" that offensive, or are they just being overly thin-skinned?

R.Avigdor Miller used to use the 'K' word on his tapes, and called Haredim "frumakken" also!

Is it humour, or can some take real offense?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 09:55:21 AM by Mifletzet »

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Chaim's "Kike" reference
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 10:01:35 AM »
In the USA it's pretty much equivalent to calling a black the N word.

Offline Mifletzet

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 10:09:36 AM »
In England a Jew will accept being called a "Yid" by another Jew, but not by a goy (or "yok" as their called in Blighty!).

In the US, a negro will accept being called a "N" by another black, but not by a white.

Will a US Jew take offence to being called a "Kike" by another Jew, or is it always derogatory?

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 10:35:44 AM »
I take responsibility for these translation if way takes offense from it. To the best of my knowledge Kike is the closest equivalent to 'Yehudom'. I think most English speakers don't know the word Yehudon so that's why I though it should be translated. Anyway this term is used in the video towards the likes of Weizmann and Sharon so we couldn't care less if they took it as an offense.