Author Topic: Let's Arrange to Meet Again in Manhattan  (Read 800 times)

Offline Madeline

• Full JTFer
Let's Arrange to Meet Again in Manhattan
« on: June 02, 2008, 11:02:06 AM »
Under another topic, Dr. Dan wrote:

I think it would be great for peopel on the forum here who are nearby or who can come this way to join us in the future.  Really, just to socialize and share ideas if anything.  It's great to put a face next to a name and make connections outside of JTF. Nothing like a close knit family of great people to start..and I do believe that the more we get the future to meet up the stronger the bond and the stronger the desire to grow. After today, I feel even more motivated and determined for JTF and its ideas to spread.

And I answered:

Terrific idea, Dr. Dan.  I think face to face contact is an important way for organizations to grow in strength and motivation.  Why don't we arrange another meeting where JTF'ers can just sit down and talk?  It could be at the same cafe at 964 Lexington Avenue, which was kosher, I believe.  Manhattan would still be good, since it is central.  As for a meeting time, my preference would be Sunday afternoon or evening, but let's see what works for the majority who want to attend.

I'm going to re-post this separately so that more people will see it. 

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Let's Arrange to Meet Again in Manhattan
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 11:06:38 AM »
sounds terrific... especially since I wasn't able to attend the one this past sunday.

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 11:14:58 AM »
I just mentioned this in my last post :D

I'm in.. what's a good day for everybody? Obviously it would have to be in the late afternoon/evening. And I assume Manhattan would be the easiest place for everybody to get to.

I'm open for (the evenings of) Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and some Sundays.

Online Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 11:16:02 AM »
Great idea, Madeline.  Like I said before, it doesn't have to be in conjunction with any major Jewish event, although meeting people at the concert was nice.  Why not just make it a nice laid back social gathering of like-minded people?  That coffee bar is a good place.  Or for that matter, any quiet place is good.  So we can get to know each other.