Author Topic: what to do?  (Read 1754 times)

Offline hillyeah81

• New JTFer
what to do?
« on: June 02, 2008, 07:35:46 PM »

I'm new to this site, I actually stumbled upon it and was very excited to see it. I don't practice Judaism,but have respect for those who do. I'm of Jewish decent on both sides of my family;recently discovered that I had a great grandfather who was a rabbi.
 I have a decision to make, do I vote for a candidate I don't believe in( Mccain), since we know Hillary won't make it, or write Hillary's name in anyway?  I saw a bumper sticker that said either way we're screwed 08'- That's exactly how I feel. Yes, Mccain is a Christian and supports the state of Israel, but he also has ties to right-wing fundamentalists, not friends of most Jews.He also thinks we need to continue fighting the war, another issue I don't believe in.
I could use some kind words of wisdom. Thanks so much.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
Re: what to do?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 07:54:29 PM »
Thanks and welcome
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 07:56:19 PM »
Welcome aboard   8)

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 08:02:35 PM »
Welcome.

Offline underthesun

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 08:03:00 PM »
I could use some kind words of wisdom.

Then you should listen to Chaim. He has plenty of those and I have never heard him tell a lie.
There is a Category "ask jtf":
http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php?topic=19693.0
Where you can put one question which will be answered in a broadcast on June 7th.

You can also ask Yesha:
http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php?topic=21335.0
His broadcast will be on June 11th.

And of cause you can use the forum.

But be aware that the truth isn't always easy to digest.

Offline underthesun

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 08:07:44 PM »
Don't be confused, if somebody shifts this post to the "introduce yourself" section.
You can always find your posts with your profile under: "Show the last posts of this person"

Offline Katie

• Full JTFer
  • OBAMA SUCKS
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 08:59:31 PM »
welcome! :)

thats a great point there, i don't really like any of the '08 candidates either anymore, since hill is outta it, i liked her
"Over the last 15 months, we've traveled to every corner of the United States. I've now been in 57 states? I think one left to go." - Barack Obama

haha

Offline Raede

• New JTFer
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008, 10:52:30 PM »
I actually have noticed a trend of the far right-wing conservatives not being huge fans of McCain, for the simple reason that he's willing to cross party lines and isn't an advocate of far right-wing policies.  He may have befriended these types of people to gain the Republican nomination, which is what every successful candidate has done.  When the national election campaign starts, candidates from both parties start the "race to the middle" in which they go away from the radicals on both sides. 

That's equivalent to someone not wanting to vote for Obama only because he's supported by Keith Olbermann.

My advice is, wait and see what happens in the next few months.  Obama will stay on the far left, because that's what he believes.  McCain, who has been scrutinized in the past for considering going independent and crossing party lines on many occasions, will move toward the middle.
AntiObama.net
Barack Obama - A Bad Idea for President

עם ישראל חי, עכשיו ותמיד