Author Topic: What do people think of Brigittte Bardot  (Read 3965 times)

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
What do people think of Brigittte Bardot
« on: June 03, 2008, 07:16:48 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Movies/06/03/france.bardot.racism.ap/index.html

I'm glad that some celebrities are speaking up. Too bad France does not have free speech.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
Re: What do people think of Brigittte Bardot
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 07:19:08 PM »
I think Bridgette Bardot is a GREAT AMERICAN.  ;) Even though she is French.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline Cyberella

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 09:06:16 PM »
I admire Bridgette because she speaks up against Islam, and because of her great humanitarian work for animals.

We need more here in this country to speak up against Islam- such as Brigitte Gabriel.

Offline Archie

• Full JTFer
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 09:24:13 PM »
Well...I got to tell you... She's very much opposed to kosher slaughtering.

I speak french. I've seen a bunch of her movies.

Great actress. Very pretty and slutty too.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 09:28:55 PM by Archie »

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 11:29:58 PM »
I'm wondering what her view about drilling for oil in Alaska is. If she is an animal rights activist she would naturally be concerned about the caribou, but whatever impact we have on the caribou is nothing compared to the animal torture from the Muslim Nazi terrorists that profit from oil in the middle east.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 12:57:22 AM »
Why are animal welfare advocates opposed to Kosher slaughter? I thought it was humane. I've heard some pretty horrific things about halal though, but not kosher.

I thought the person just slits the animal's throat with a sharp knife and lets them bleed out. That doesn't sound so horrible if they've got to be killed for food.

Is there something else that they're upset about?

Offline Katie

• Full JTFer
  • OBAMA SUCKS
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 03:23:52 AM »
well it is true! i was in france last year and they are destroying it!! just go and see for yourself

as far as brigitte bardot, shes amazing, i love her films when she was young she was a great actress and gorgeous :) and shes very smart!!
"Over the last 15 months, we've traveled to every corner of the United States. I've now been in 57 states? I think one left to go." - Barack Obama

haha

Offline whywhywhy

• Full JTFer
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 05:15:54 AM »
When she was young she was beatiful and now she is brave and smart!!!!!

Offline Archie

• Full JTFer
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2008, 06:46:54 AM »
Why are animal welfare advocates opposed to Kosher slaughter? I thought it was humane. I've heard some pretty horrific things about halal though, but not kosher.

I thought the person just slits the animal's throat with a sharp knife and lets them bleed out. That doesn't sound so horrible if they've got to be killed for food.

They are upset because the animals die agonizing.

The animals don't agonize for very long, but still, for 10-20 secs, before they black out, they are in excruciating pain.

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2008, 08:57:36 AM »
   I can understand where she is coming from. It's not like she is specifically against the slaughtering being Kosher. She is against any slaughtering of animals. There is nothing good about slaughtering an animal except that it provides food. As someone who eats meat, this is a necessary evil. I respect her opposition to this.

Sergio 11

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2008, 09:10:00 AM »
well i can tell you that the only negative that can be taken from kosher meat is the cost of produce...

it is the most humane form of producing meat as Judaism has quite strict policies in favour of animal rights and collaboration with halahic teachings..

Judaic ideals are the epitome of what a utopian world would look like if Judaism were the dominant religion... although after the slump in politics lately on a global scale i have to work hard to remain optimistic.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2008, 03:35:35 PM »

The animals don't agonize for very long, but still, for 10-20 secs, before they black out, they are in excruciating pain.

They die instantly. It appears as if they are struggling for life but they are already dead. It's like in non-kosher slaughter where chickens walk around after being beheaded. But kosher slaughter doesn't remove the head.

Jewish rabbis usually oppose to knocking out the beast before slaughtering it so it gets upset even before having its throat cut. And moreover the animal is not beheaded, instead it bleeds to death through the neck arteries.

It is a rather quick death and if you compare it to the various traditional ways of slaughtering it is rather humane. However there are more humane ways known today.

Offline Archie

• Full JTFer
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2008, 04:51:04 PM »

They die instantly. It appears as if they are struggling for life but they are already dead. It's like in non-kosher slaughter where chickens walk around after being beheaded. But kosher slaughter doesn't remove the head.

Well, I guess it's the ''appearances'' that are freaking out the animal activists like Bardot.

I'm all for kosher slaughtering.

I just don't believe the animals die instantly and without pain when they are killed that way.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2008, 05:32:14 PM »

Jewish rabbis usually oppose to knocking out the beast before slaughtering it so it gets upset even before having its throat cut. And moreover the animal is not beheaded, instead it bleeds to death through the neck arteries.

It is a rather quick death and if you compare it to the various traditional ways of slaughtering it is rather humane. However there are more humane ways known today.

It doesn't die from bleeding. It dies instantly from the slit in the throat. When you think you see it struggling for life, it is actually already dead.

I think you describe a medical impossibility. By slitting the throat (The spinal cord in kept intact) death is caused due to loss of blood. Some amount of blood must be lost to cause this death. Since the artery is cut opened the bleeding is very severe so the animal most likely pass out quickly and then die.

Offline Archie

• Full JTFer
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2008, 06:37:08 PM »

It doesn't die from bleeding. It dies instantly from the slit in the throat. When you think you see it struggling for life, it is actually already dead.

I think you describe a medical impossibility. By slitting the throat (The spinal cord in kept intact) death is caused due to loss of blood. Some amount of blood must be lost to cause this death. Since the artery is cut opened the bleeding is very severe so the animal most likely pass out quickly and then die.

I agree. But only if the procedure is performed by a very skilled butcher.

(I mean, look on youtube. You can find a number of videos depicting kosher slaughters gone bad, all of them performed by unskilled /poorly trained meat factory employees)

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2008, 12:03:12 PM »

I agree. But only if the procedure is performed by a very skilled butcher.

(I mean, look on youtube. You can find a number of videos depicting kosher slaughters gone bad, all of them performed by unskilled /poorly trained meat factory employees)

I don't want to watch that, I'm vegan and I find such videos very disturbing. I think there must be better supervision to prevent such occurrences.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2008, 12:33:08 PM »
I don't want to watch that, I'm vegan and I find such videos very disturbing. I think there must be better supervision to prevent such occurrences.

This whole topic of slaughter is making me squeamish. 

Zelhar, what made you decide to become vegan?  Was it for health reasons?  Or for concern about animals?  How long have you been vegan for?  Do you notice improvements in your health?  Did you do it gradually?  Or did you go cold turkey? Pardon the pun. 

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2008, 01:00:47 PM »

This whole topic of slaughter is making me squeamish. 

Zelhar, what made you decide to become vegan?  Was it for health reasons?  Or for concern about animals?  How long have you been vegan for?  Do you notice improvements in your health?  Did you do it gradually?  Or did you go cold turkey? Pardon the pun. 

I have been vegan for 7 years. The original reason was my consciousness, i don't want animals to be killed for me if I can avoid it. Even when I was carnivorous I felt guilty about it and I made up my mind to stop eating meat when I end growing up.

I begun as a vegetarian- I still consumed dairy product and eggs for the first year and then I become strictly vegan. Then I also become more health-conscious  so I try to only eat natural food and avoid processed food.

I didn't notice any health benefits because I started young and I didn't have any health problems. I lost wait I started thin and now I'm very thin. I try restrict my calories and add as many anti-oxidants to my diet I hope it would help me in the long run. I need to take B12 supplements and eventually I might need also iron because I don't get enough iron from my diet.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2008, 01:50:26 PM »
I have been vegan for 7 years. The original reason was my consciousness, i don't want animals to be killed for me if I can avoid it. Even when I was carnivorous I felt guilty about it and I made up my mind to stop eating meat when I end growing up.

I begun as a vegetarian- I still consumed dairy product and eggs for the first year and then I become strictly vegan. Then I also become more health-conscious  so I try to only eat natural food and avoid processed food.

I didn't notice any health benefits because I started young and I didn't have any health problems. I lost wait I started thin and now I'm very thin. I try restrict my calories and add as many anti-oxidants to my diet I hope it would help me in the long run. I need to take B12 supplements and eventually I might need also iron because I don't get enough iron from my diet.

How long did it take you from when you became a vegetarian to becoming a vegan?  Did you notice any other improvements besides losing weight?  And how do you manage to avoid processed foods.  I see all these fake soy burgers and fake soy deli "meats."  Do you also avoid those?  Are there any books you could recommend for people contemplating such a diet?  Do you ever get cravings for cheese?  If so, what do you do about it? 

Thanks.
Lisa

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2008, 02:45:24 PM »
How long did it take you from when you became a vegetarian to becoming a vegan?
about a year

Did you notice any other improvements besides losing weight?
Not really since I didn't have anything that really need improving. I noticed changes- I thinl my skin become drier and the digestion takes longer.

And how do you manage to avoid processed foods.  I see all these fake soy burgers and fake soy deli "meats."  Do you also avoid those?
Thanks to my mother. She prepares humus, tehina, tomato squash, and whole wheat  bread using a home bread maker. She is also a great cook and she prepares tofu meals, rice meals and pastas. I also eat brazil nuts, almonds and pecans, as well as all types of fruits and vegetables.

I used to eat these fake meat soy products but I no longer eat them because most of them contain eggs (egg albumin). 

Are there any books you could recommend for people contemplating such a diet?
I can only recommend Hebrew books. Truth is I didn't sufficiently investigate this subject.

Do you ever get cravings for cheese?  If so, what do you do about it?
I never liked cheese much so no. Meat makes me sick so I have no craving for that. The only craving I have is for ice cream, pizza and chocolate (since even many dark chocolates contain traces of milk) but there are vegy alternatives like pizza without cheese and soy based ice cream and sorbet. I suppose the solution is to find things that are both tasty and vegan, and also it takes some time for the taste senses to re-tune. I think that I came to like tomatoes and dates and other fruits much more than when I was carnivorous.