Author Topic: Report: Israeli Minister Says 'We Will Attack Iran' if Nuke Program Continues  (Read 3308 times)

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
JERUSALEM —  An Israeli daily says Cabinet Minister Shaul Mofaz has said Israel should attack Iran if it continues with its nuclear program.
The Yediot Ahronot newspaper quotes Mofaz as saying "If Iran will continue with its plan to develop nuclear weapons, we will attack it."

Mofaz's office did not return a call requesting comment on Friday's report. The daily says that Mofaz has warned that the economic sanctions against Iran are not effective. Yediot reports that Mofaz has said that the United States would back any Israeli attack.

Reuters quotes Mofaz as saying "Attacking Iran, in order to stop its nuclear plans, will be unavoidable."

Mofaz is a former defense minister and army chief. He would like to replace Prime Minister Ehud Olmert as head of the Kadima Party in light of a corruption scandal that threatens to bring Olmert down.

Mofaz, who was born in Iran, responded to calls from Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, that Israel to be wiped off the map, by saying Iran "would disappear before Israel does," according to a Reuters report.
Mofaz comments were a rare direct threat against Iran from any official in Olmert's cabinet.

Offline IslamIsCancer

• Master JTFer
  • My name is Stalinashvili.
NO GROUND TROOPS!!
Bomb the bases from the air DO NOT SEND SOLDIERS I REPEAT.
You have very few soldiers and they have to protect Israel.
Iran has millions of footsoldiers and those ragheads don't
care how many they lose.
Free Javakh!!!
I defecate on Stalin's grave.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
NO GROUND TROOPS!!
care how many they lose.

I doubt Israel will occupy Iran, it would be a disaster. Perhaps special units would be deployed like Sayeret units like Shayetet 13 or something.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
Report: Israeli Minister Says 'We Will Attack Iran' if Nuke Program Continues.

That should be the spirit  O0 and the action should be much more greater than that. O0 O0 O0

With Regards... :)
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Bruicy Kibbutz

• Full JTFer
NO GROUND TROOPS!!
care how many they lose.

I doubt Israel will occupy Iran, it would be a disaster. Perhaps special units would be deployed like Sayeret units like Shayetet 13 or something.
Release the hounds!!

DukeNukem

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
I will believe this when I see it. Bill Clinton and Pinocchio combined have vastly more credibility than Olmert or any of his toadies.  ::)

Offline underthesun

• Senior JTFer
Bye Bye Ahmadinejad

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
When it happens i will believe it