Author Topic: Anybody watching the NBA finals?  (Read 4045 times)

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Re: Anybody watching the NBA finals?
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2008, 11:03:31 PM »
PHew.... theyre still alive.   But boy... 2 games in a row in Boston seems very difficult.

Offline WesternPatriot

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2008, 11:33:51 PM »
I don't like basketball. And even when I did I hated the lakers with a passion  :laugh: I liked the Bulls and Pistons.

I'm a hockey fan, and some football (playoffs). HUGE Red Wings fan, psyched they won the cup. Like it or not we are an elite hockey club. We can lose a Yzerman or Shanahan and have the oldest (age wise) team in the league and still keep on winning. Secondary scoring, good scouting, puck possession, you name it. Vinny Lecavalier was quoted on NHL Live as saying something to the effect of "They (Det.) kept me from touching the puck for 11 minutes...they're good." I could go on but you guys get the point  ;D

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2008, 12:25:22 AM »
Off and on. It's disgusting to see how much the refs are favoring the Ladies. I hate basketball but will support whoever is opposing Kobe the Rapist Bryant. I myself am only a hockey fan. GO DUCKS!

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2008, 12:28:04 AM »
Yes... I know.. Everyone hates Kobe.   Im used to it.. over here.   But he's still a great player.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2008, 12:29:22 AM »
Off and on. It's disgusting to see how much the refs are favoring the Ladies. I hate basketball but will support whoever is opposing Kobe the Rapist Bryant. I myself am only a hockey fan. GO DUCKS!

Yeah go Ducks O0

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2008, 12:29:30 AM »
I don't generally watch much Sports.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2008, 12:29:53 AM »
Yes... I know.. Everyone hates Kobe.   Im used to it.. over here.   But he's still a great player.

He is a ball hog

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2008, 12:30:10 AM »
Hockey is great To bad Detroit won
I am glad Detroit won. It was especially lovely seeing Fleury's arse getting handed to him in games 1 and 2. It was nice seeing the league's little darling team getting its comeuppance. What the refs did to "turn around" Game 1 of the Semifinals (when the Rangers led Pittsburgh 3-0) was downright criminal. So was their complete refusal to acknowledge everybody hitting Briere in the head in the conference final.

Yeah, Crosby and Malkin are great young players, but this worship of them is just getting pathetic. So yeah, I am not a Wings fan, but I was very pleased with the outcome of the SCF.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 12:34:34 AM by C.F. »

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2008, 12:33:08 AM »
That's like saying "Hezbollah is a great military". He is the scum of the earth. I am probably the only Californian who hates him, but so be it.

And the game-winning breakway/three-pointer of his last night was such an OBVIOUS foul that I wanted to puke. Garnett was being called for the slightest bumps and collisions and that was allowed?!? Methinks the ugly old Zen Master has been paying off the officiators.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2008, 12:35:25 AM »
Hockey is great To bad Detroit won
I am glad Detroit won. It was especially lovely seeing Fleury's arse getting handed to him in games 1 and 2. It was nice seeing the league's little darling team getting its comeuppance. What the refs did to "turn around" Game 1 of the Semifinals (when the Rangers led Pittsburgh 3-0) was downright criminal. So was their complete refusal to acknowledge everybody hitting Briere in the head in the conference final.

Yeah, Crosby and Malkin are great young players, but this worship of them is just getting pathetic. So yeah, I am not a Wings fan, but I was very pleased with the outcome of the SCF.
I am not a fan of Crosbys or Malkin I like Alex Ovechkin

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2008, 12:37:38 AM »
The kid's got mad skills for sure. My favorite forwards are probably, in no particular order, Zetterberg, Selanne, and Kovalchuk.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2008, 12:38:37 AM »
The kid's got mad skills for sure. My favorite forwards are probably, in no particular order, Zetterberg, Selanne, and Kovalchuk.

Who is your favorite Goalie?

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2008, 12:45:05 AM »
Jonas Hiller or Ilya Bryzgalov (why the h-e-double hockey sticks did we trade him???)

Conks was on fire all year and I have no idea why Pitts went with Fleury for the playoffs. If they went with Conklin, they'd probably have the Cup.